NFT Minting: The new multi-million dollar market for art & Digital World Creations

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
what's an NFT?
A non-fungible token is a unit of data on a digital ledger called a blockchain, where each NFT can represent a unique digital item, and thus they are not interchangeable. NFTs can represent digital files such as art, audio, vide
according to WikiPedia.

With so much going on in the NFT business, i thought we should start discussion and talk about it.

Places to sell I've come across:
Rarable.com
Mintable.app
OpenSea.io

There's been major sales discussed recently in the milions:
Beeple Art
Jack Dorsey's first tweet
and Digital Homes / real estate

reddit communities are evolving:
1 - https://www.reddit.com/r/NFT/ ( promote and learn )
2 - https://www.reddit.com/r/NFTsMarketplace/ ( promoting your items )
3 - https://www.reddit.com/r/NFTExchange/ ( learn about buy/sell/trade )
4 - https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoArt/ ( NFT art community )
5 - https://www.reddit.com/r/NFTmarket/ (copy of the Marketplace i guess)

1- https://www.reddit.com/r/Rarible/ ( rarible )
2 -https://www.reddit.com/r/opensea/ (opean sea)

Anyone here had luck selling? I'm trying to get into this. I have been shooting photographs across the world and would love to sell them as 1 of 1s or let a broker deal them. I was inspired heavily by Peter Lik while living in Vegas to get into photography but of course, in my own way.

World's first digital house sale, of a wild price. NFT boom has really become an insane crazye.

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/digital-nft-mars-house-scli-intl/index.html

[broken image, url mangled]

This digital Mars house sold for $500,000+

This is something a person can upload to their "Metaverse" . It's insane that someone paid this to use to 'stunt' on other people, walking in a digital world, with their Avatar. This has to be some 'vanity' shit .. like I cant even understand this yet. Can anyone else?

I can understand having businesses, walking in a virtual world, buying things that will come to your real home in physical form. This is the evolution of the gaming indutry. But what do you do in a digital house? Are you going to be slaying women avatars on your virtual Versace bed sheets?

Will you be going shopping with this avatar woman/man/date and buying them things, eventhough you never met them in persoN?

There's really events.... no joke

https://www.dezeen.com/2021/03/27/this-week-virtual-house-sold-mars-nft/

Dezeen announced that we will be hosting a social evening in a virtual rooftop bar to discuss the rise of the metaverse with Space Popular, Andrés Reisinger, Amber Jae Slooten and Charlotte Taylor.

It's all mental though! Everything is what we think first, before what it is.

NYPost kinda hit it on the head for me.

“Mars House,” a futuristic-looking pad designed by Toronto-based digital artist Krista Kim, features sweeping views, plus modern, see-through furniture and even an infinity pool.

“I see it as a weekend home, like a villa,” Kim told The Post. “It’s perfect for a couple.”

The only glitch? It doesn’t actually exist.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/16/inside-the-worlds-first-digital-nft-house/

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been spending millions on virtual real estate for a long time. That game Second Life has had people buy entire planets to develop them as vacation resorts or as material farming locations, etc. And they sell access. It's all done with real money converted to a digital currency.

And yeah, it's pretty nutty but value is determined by what someone is willing to pay (and then again by what the next person is willing to pay, the market will auto-adjust and some of these guys will lose their asses).

The idea of people buying the rights to a tweet or to a BuSo post even is pretty funny. "I own this tweet". Congrats!

People have been spending millions on virtual real estate for a long time. That game Second Life has had people buy entire planets to develop them as vacation resorts or as material farming locations, etc. And they sell access. It's all done with real money converted to a digital currency.

And yeah, it's pretty nutty but value is determined by what someone is willing to pay (and then again by what the next person is willing to pay, the market will auto-adjust and some of these guys will lose their asses).

The idea of people buying the rights to a tweet or to a BuSo post even is pretty funny. "I own this tweet". Congrats!

The rights to a 'first' of any kind has intrensic value if royalties are covered,.... i guess .... perhaps... After all, google's being taken to court over Google news headlines

Wow. This is an insane 'fee' game You should definitely read the fine print of these sites. They are really overloaded with fees for different parts of the process.

auction closing price of his art:
$286.44

subtract these
- $149.72 (Minting & Listing Fee)
- $42.97 (NFT Marketplace fee / Foundation App)
- $31.25 (escrow transaction fee to get money)

remaining profit - $62.50
78.2% went to fees
21.8% was what he kept

Bottom line, if you're selling for under $500. It's not really worth your time . He's went on to sell art that generated thousands in revenue though. See here: https://foundation.app/jatodaro

I'm super confused how this screen recording can be worth over $3k
https://foundation.app/visualizevalue/non-fungible-15566

Last edited:
Very good reads:

S!NG Allows You to Create and Sell Your Own NFTs Via Your Phone or Tablet​

after downloading the app and opening a user account, you just have to upload a file as the basis for your project, for example, an image, video or audio. The app can be used to individual creation, but you can also count on collaborators.

full read - https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/368422

Artist 'Grimes' sold $6-million worth of NFTs.. One is pretty cool. It's like voyage art , taking you through a trippy landscapeof Pegasuss, Swords, etc.. Like the Kong Kong home lands

read full story here: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/1/22308075/grimes-nft-6-million-sales-nifty-gateway-warnymph

Interesting story here recently about people finding their NFTs missing from the digital wallets.

An important point to reiterate is that while NFT artworks can be taken down, the NFTs themselves live inside Ethereum. This means that the NFT marketplaces can only interact with and interpret that data, but cannot edit or remove it. As long as the linked image hasn't been removed from its source, an NFT bought on OpenSea could still be viewed on Rarible, SuperRare, or whatever—they are all just interfaces to the ledger.

full read - https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkdj79/peoples-expensive-nfts-keep-vanishing-this-is-why

Last edited:
7p4MiiP.jpg

NFT are gaining clout behind reputation

The main people selling are artists with big followings, behind their accounts and they have machines operating behind them.

Of course, there's others who will buy sh-t b/c they like an artwork OR just think they have a 'hunch' that something will be great.. HOWEVER, the big sells are from big names.

And it's a GREAT TIME to buy when people don't get it

Look at the Bitcoin , ETH, Doge coin situation. Nobody understood it.... now look

Remember the domain boom? Nobody saw that.. now look

Remember the internet ? Who saw that coming

List goes on. You Get the point.

Once a certian amount of money and intelligence is pouring into the river, it's better to go fish or you'll just be starving, watching another man enjoy his fried fish buffet from going to the river early < an analogy for an analogy

I agree there is a lot of noise with crypto, but there are some early winners I am betting on. I bought my name and my sons name .crypto as well as other domain name speculations. These domain names are permanent ownership and are used as payment addresses to your desired crypto addresses or can be used as a decentralized website on IFPS. The whole Web3 is what I am all in on. This all reminds me early days of dial up internet. It’s nuts out there with crypto art, horses, land and currency but when the dust settles there will be winners and mostly losers. Exciting times.

"Charlie Bit My Finger" YouTube video sells at NFT for almost $800k
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...nger-youtube-video-sells-nft-760-999-n1268322

One of the earliest viral videos, which has amassed over 800 million views has just been auctioned off via CharlieBitMe.com . It was won by someone titled "3FMusic" and the bid war was pushed up by someone called "MemeMaster"

I'm still hoping to get my first NFT sold as i own some early viral YouTube videos for my genre!

NFT, it's not a scam, just another crypto scam:

I'm more baffled at the Italian artist that got away selling an invisible sculpture for $18K.

September is going to a huge surprise for people not paying attention.

Sometimes I have to question if I’m living in real life or a clown world ^

Funny how there's no record of the blockchain transaction to be seen or the original listing. Hang on, let me NFT this for $10 million...

8m03fGw.jpeg

Let it sink in that people are paying millions for gifs, 18k for air, 250k for love...

And yet simultaneously, there are also people who are losing money in crypto.

That's insane to me that both of those things can be true.

It feels like everyone who had to sell their crypto a long time ago or never had any is sitting around with a calculator figuring out how much they could have made and cope-posting all around the internet about it.

You see these people come out when the prices take a dip or when there's bad headlines, doing some kind of weird moral victory lap.

Meanwhile, everyone who paid $1 for doggystyle coins or whatever-the-fuck is sitting around with a calculator figuring out how much they've lost and hope-posting about their next opportunity.

You see these people come out when prices are at a peak and there's positive news. The folks who get swept up as the prices peak, and panic sell when prices are down.

It seems really strange to invest any amount of time in being an anti-fan of something and paying attention to technology that they don't believe in unless they stand to profit from it. Are people shorting crypto, or just being terminally online weirdos? At least with the crypto evangelicals, I know where they're coming from and where they stand to gain.

Normally I'd just follow the money but I can't see how spending years posting "crypto bad" can ever be worth the time unless it's genuinely just a fun hobby for people in which case, hey, I'm a big advocate for taking leisure time and enjoying life so kudos on finding joy.

But what happened to looking at things from the lens of trying to make money?

@Potatoe why talk side-ways about me instead of being direct? I talk direct to you. That's how you live your life, throwing rocks and hiding your hands.

If I think something is a scam I say it.

Every other moron on the internet is talking crypto left and right who happens to cross online marketing. Same morons that talked vaping, Forex, CBD oil, and all past online scam with their get rich quick scheme.

Twitter feeds of SEO, social, and other online marketing topics are abound with crypto. If you follow ANY financial feed from banks and the banking industry you see them talking about crypto too, and the insiders HATE it too. They are forced to engage in this cause people keep demanding this nonsense.

You'd have to be living under a rock while being in internet marketing or finance to not have come across this topic, not just weekly, but daily, and hourly. Federal governments from around the world are talking about it. Half want it banned, the others are thinking not clearly.

You have a problem with me saying this is nonsense? Would you rather me not say anything and have people tacit approve that everyone in internet marketing or finance is onboard with this Ponzi scheme? That's not me.

I talk direct to you.

Literally years of cute little digs and subtle jabs, yeah that's so direct of you LOL.

Oh god I'm getting baited into posting in the water cooler again, aren't I? After this one, I'm banning myself from posting in this section until 2022.

This is the funniest part to me and anyone else who's still paying attention to these unhinged ramblings, which is not very many people anymore. It's just not working dude. The schtick has gotten tired, only the newbies are enamored by that now. Just be a real person, the identity crisis playing-a-character stuff is played out and what do you get from it other than being a medium fish in a tiny pond who has 1k followers but gets 1 like per tweet? New Carter is like New Coke, we want the old guy back. We want the Classic Carter, who's this guy that hibernates all Winter?

My post was clearly about trying to figure out the motivation of people who post a lot of incredibly surface-level headline-tier anti-crypto stuff all around the internet. Because with the pro-crypto people, I know where they're coming from... I can't figure it out with the anti-crypto guys unless they're (Check out this foreshadowing btw...) selling an alternative.

There are a lot of legitimate criticisms of crypto, I'm not sure if "somebody sold something for a lot of money in a voluntary transaction" fits that criteria. That's where I'm confused about people who are sitting on the sidelines with so much to say, I can't figure out what their angle is. Especially when they've made an entire career out of talking about ways to exploit everything. It just doesn't add up, and when things don't make sense, they fascinate me.

Interesting that you think you know how I live my life, though. I didn't know you were keeping tabs, you could have just direct messaged me :smile: Or did you just think that little line about throwing rocks and hiding my hands sounded cool to say at the moment so you shat it out overzealously without waiting for a better context to do so, like 95% of the drivel you think of on the spot and post without realizing how often you're contradicting your own preachings from the past? That's the problem with having people hang on your every word, you really gotta make a point to be consistent or they'll notice when the mask slips.

I talked about two distinct groups of people, are you both of those groups? Are you everyone? I thought you were just Dan Pena? Is the metamorphosis not yet complete? What was the secret again, think like him long enough to get inside his head and you'll literally become him? Actually, I just realized something... lemme go google "Dan Pena crypto" real quick.

Ok, it's all starting to make sense now.

By completely avoiding the entire point of my post, you've accidentally managed to enlighten me about where you're coming at this from.

It's really as simple as "Dan says crypto bad," isn't it?

I don't have a problem with you spending your time on whatever you want to spend it on, whether it's crypto-posting or passing the QLA snowflake test. I don't make a habit of criticizing what other people spend their time on, that's kind of your thing.

These hidden hands aren't throwing stones from glass houses, my guy.

There's plenty of shit in the world of crypto that's nonsense and blatant scammery. We agree on this!

But people selling stuff for whatever price they want to sell it for, to people who are willing to buy it, just doesn't seem like something Classic Carter would have a problem with. I don't know about this new guy, he's all over the place. That's why I was confused, but it makes sense now, I answered my own question. It's not about being some kind of white knight to protect people from wasting their money on something that's overhyped and overpriced, cos that baffled me - it was so out of character. But I get it now.

QLA TO THE MOOOOON!!!!

200.gif

Oh yeah, and to the handful of 2-3 weirdos who always hit me up whenever New Carter posts his shit about "little potatoes" or whatever, leave me alone, I'm never going to join your pathetic anti-fanclub, you guys are even worse than the crypto people, I swear to God.

Last edited:
Classic Carter

If within our industry, where we represent and make money in, see someone selling $99 monthly SEO we call it out cause it's a scam. We have a responsibility to our industry and ourselves cause that nonsense hurts all of us, indirectly or directly.

If we don't say anything then sometime down the road at the negotiating table with a potential client they'll bring up "Why are you charging $XX,XXX when I saw the same service for $99?"

Two scenarios there: you convince the client to go with you cause the other is a scam and then get them real results. Or they go with the scam, get scammed, and then have a sour tasted regarding the whole "SEO" industry. Maybe they come back to you maybe they don't. Either way they'll tell their friends, business partners, and families their experience with the $99 SEO and this can and will impact people within our industry.

Overall not calling out scams in our industry hurts everyone within it.

Here comes Cryptocurrency - flooding online marketing and SEOs left and right. Now most of this stuff like vaping, Forex, and CBD Oil don't start off as scams, but the devolve into them by the individuals jumping onboard and taking them down that route. Why? Cause no one opened their mouth.

Now we got coins coming out just to pump and dump. What was once some hopefully potential turns into get rich quick schemes.

Remember @Potatoe you started this tit for tat.

@CCarter you come off as someone who thinks so far in the future, it's TOO FAR

You've been wrong on several occasions on my post about cryptocurrency, while mocking what I or others have stated.. only to have us come back months later and , we were right

You escape the reality of now and where the world's headed.

People have already made...........are now making......... and will make more billions more in money from NFT space

But maybe you're hyper-focused in something you're doing o you don't see outside your box but the NFT world is INCREDIBLE

The Race Horsing world alone blew my mind............ but i get it..........

Hopefully you continue to prosper on-line but your lack of foresight is proven repetitiously.

The S&P has scams
Gold-selling scams happen everyday
There are people who sell terrible quality links and seo schemes

and i say that to remind you of this. EVERY NICHE has people who will sell 'shit'

I read the feeds and post what's going on in the world. @EyesExist exist you happened to post a lot of the "positives" of crypto and I post the negatives. Why so many people have a problem with that is beyond me, if this tech was really valuable to the world there would be critical counter-arguments to mine - there aren't ever.

In fact instead of counter-arguments they attack the messenger and not the argument, just look above. The attacks are on "CCarter" - not that this stuff is a scam. That means they know deep down it's a get rich quick scheme, at some level in their soul they know.

Anyone thinking these NFT posts are fakes themselves can do a bit of research:

Insider.com: An influencer sold her love as an NFT for $250,000 and is going to have dinner with the mystery buyer

At least he got a date out of it.

ArtNet.com: An Italian Artist Auctioned Off an ‘Invisible Sculpture’ for $18,300. It’s Made Literally of Nothing

"It is a work that asks you to activate the power of the imagination," Salvatore Garau said of his sculpture.

The power of imagination... sounds about right for NFTs and cryptocurrency. There are a lot of people betting on imagination here who will get burnt.

And here is the official Wikipedia: Io sono (artwork)

The work consists of a immaterial sculpture.

Immaterial... sounds about right.

If you have to work hard to convince someone something is not a scam, it's probably a scam.

Maybe I am wrong and in the future we'll be using DogeCoins... doubtful.

@EyesExist there have been more than a dozen times I've pointed out instances of you being wrong and you completely ignored those statements/facts, so I'm not sure if you understand your own argument regarding crypto-currency. We've been going back and forth about this for a while now, I'm not going to stay silent on this ponzi scheme/scam.

I've also stated I know you are in it purely for the money, which I stated is fine. And I also stated crypocurrency is a game of musical chairs and there is no real value it brings to consumers since it's not #1 faster than cash and #2 safer or easier than a credit/debit card.

And since the tech is difficult the masses will never adopt it.

To-date no one here has been able to show me how the masses will adopt crypto, how it's easier or faster than cash, or how it's safer or easier than a credit/debit card. You guys have never been able to counter my arguments - that means there is a massive problem here.

That's it.

@CCarter

The problem is

Your ideas = LOSE MONEY

Your statements in contrary of othes = LOSE MONEY

Your advice / views (on this topic that I've been engaged and profited too many times to count) = terrible

no simpler way to put it.

You're saying 'mass adoption wont happen' while Visa and Mastercard already are sending out credit cards for people to use ........and have spent billions of systems for mass adoption .

But it seems yoou think your opinion is more valid than the TOP Ivy league graduates, teamed together, to study all angles of these markets

Even Amazon is hiring a person to lead their crypto division

But hey............. who am I and them to tell you different. Lol If you ever gave me advice, and I was uncertain of my direciton, I'd do the opposite of whatever a person like you told me.

But hey............. who am I and them to tell you different. Lol If you ever gave me advice, and I was uncertain of my direciton, I'd do the opposite of whatever a person like you told me.

At the end of the day you are spending money on un-exclusive jpegs... I'll be fine not spending money on jpegs anyone can copy with a screenshot command.

Everything comes down to A=A. What's really going on here? You guys are spending money on jpegs hoping a greater fool will show up tomorrow to buy them while they hope another greater fool comes along down the road.

Pretty much already has a Wikipedia entry: Greater Fool Theory

Again notice they are attacking me, not my arguments... cause my arguments are valid.

"CCarter is wrong and doesn't see how this will revolutionize the world, he is an idiot."

"Okay, what part of my argument was wrong?"

[Blank Out] "You're just wrong."

"Gotcha."

@CCarter

THE POINT OF THIS CONVERSATION..........
1) For the last 5 years.... Have NFTs made people money?
2) Are they making money now?
3) Will they make money in the future

Please answer me these

Back