Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Does anyone have somewhere or something they can point me to on the topic of demographics/industries/verticals/etc. where higher prices [anti-intuitively] lead to higher conversion rates for the same item?

Okay so I think this question is dumb enough to fit into this thread so...

Have I missed the train internet marketing train?

From reading Reddit and Twitter it seems like building sites isn't a viable way to make money online anymore and it feels very much like "we're doomed" mentality making me think it's just got harder and more like real business but I wanted to check with the wider community.

it's just got harder and more like real business

I recently launched a product line in the beauty niche. First week we had 6 sales, end of month we were over 80 sales. 100% offline. We are making money within weeks, not waiting 2 years for Google's approval to survive.

It's actually harder than a "real business" if you're a newbie with little experience.

If you're seasoned, have contacts, right connections, have funds, then you can get it down to 6 months to a year.

Websites weren't meant to only have one traffic source. It's just the SEOs came alone and gaslighted everyone into "easy traffic - easy money", and it WAS easy, until it wasn't.

Now you have to put in marketing efforts and/or guerrilla marketing tactics. Is it worth it? Depends on how badly you want to exit for 7+ figures if done right.

If you don't treat it like a real business you're going to be in for shock.

Most people whining want to create blog post with A.I. in seconds and rank yesterday for xxx,xxx monthly volume keywords. Without funds and contacts, like everything else, that'll be an uphill battle.

So how much time and money do you have to put towards this venture?

@CCarter this is very much what I thought from reading around the topic.

I'm in a position where I could realistically invest 30 hours a week and upto £5k which is why I've initially been leaning towards e-commerce.

As you say, the overall goal is to either exit for a good amount or have a successful business I can pass down to my daughter.

As you say, the overall goal is to either exit for a good amount or have a successful business I can pass down to my daughter.
What's the alternative if you don't start an online business than?

What are you going to do? What will you pass down to your daughter?

In 2024, is it better to Start a new site or buy a small DA-expired domain and start building over it?
Is time the only advantage?

In 2024, is it better to Start a new site or buy a small DA-expired domain and start building over it?
Is time the only advantage?
I'd say DA expired domains. You'll see quicker results if the content is the same niche.

In the age of AI what would be the best way to make money online or make money in the online marketing field?

In the age of AI what would be the best way to make money online or make money in the online marketing field?
Use the AI to build something unique and cool that people will like and want to spend their money on. Or, use the AI to mass produce cheap crap for a quick buck while it lasts.

From a technical perspective, how does Google differentiate the following types of websites: affiliate, info, news, and e-commerce?

Follow-up: What if an info site sells services to consumers but doesn't have their conversions and e-commerce metrics set up for tracking through Google Analytics? Would google view this as an e-commerce site or an info site? Could this hurt the overall rankings via Google?

@Smith, I think the easiest thing to do would be for them to analyze the types of queries the websites are ranking for. They don't need to understand the sites if they understand the queries and the intent associated with them, which they absolutely do.

But I imagine they can verify things if needed by looking at the content in the index to get a frame of reference. I'd imagine they can also get an understanding from the rendered versions, the absence or addition of a cart of some sort, etc. But with the web being so big, I'd thing they'd fall back to the cheapest thing they're already doing, which would be query analysis using NLP.

Hi all, a dumb question here.

I searched the forum but couldn’t find an answer.

If I gain a sudden spike in website hits, say from social media (due to a post or other activity) can this help with Google organic traffic.

Does it give signals to Google to show to more people?

I have great following on facebook. and until now i have been simply promoting monetising the content with google ads and it worked good too. but i am thinking of trying new things and get into affiliate marketing.
could anyone recommend any follow along or guide on how i could do affilaite marketing on my facebook page. i know i could simply share amazon links on facebook to make some money.
but i would really like to get into is working on special niche and producing content for that niche and then promote that on my facebook page to monetise it.

Back