Newbie Earned First Dollar

Degree
Yes, I earned my first dollar from Niche Websites on August. To be exact, it was $1.50

Don't get me wrong, this is not my first online income. I pretty much survived college, and still get primary income, from online gigs. This ranges from Virtual Assistant jobs, Data Entry jobs, Article Writing jobs, Design jobs etc.

However, this marks my first time to earn through a niche website, which I can say is not the same with the services I have mentioned above. For all those services, it is a one time payment where I am being compensated for a job done. But for a niche website, its my own long-term investment with the potential of giving me a passive income.

Of course $1.50 isn't something to brag about. Although I can get a few cups of coffee in my country, I know there are some countries, and some hotels even in my country, where this amount can't get you a single cup of coffee! So yes, its peanuts. But for someone who it's their first amount to earn through niche site, this is PURE GOLD! It is the inspiration I have been looking forward to.

Let's go back a little. I started the site a couple of months ago. I posted some high quality informative articles and then applied for AdSense. Oops! got rejected the first time. I tried to improve the design of my site, ensure it has contact page+policy page+etc, and then added some articles. Again, AdSense rejected me again. Well, by the end, I was rejected more than 5 times. At that time, I decided to do away with ads and probably try out my luck with amazon associates.

Of course I had planned to integrate affiliate content and monetize through amazon associates, but I had only planned to go that route once I reach 100 visitors per day. Of course there is not such rule or metric, and don't expect any explanation or justification from me. It's just something which I and myself had agreed. At the moment, the site was averaging 5-10 people per day.

Oops, turning out to be a loooong post. And it's my first one. But I hope someone will get inspired, so let me continue!

And then Ezoic happened!!! They removed their 10, 000 traffic limit and said anybody could apply without the traffic limitations. I immediately applied and waited their verdict. Towards the end of July, I received an email that my application was successfully. I went through their 'courses', passed the mandatory test, and then started running ads on my website. Somedays I would earn $0.00, but the average was $0.05. I think the day I earned the highest was $0.29.

To the established nichesite builders, this is unmentionable. But to a newbie like me, this is the key point of motivation. It is the moment where you see the potential in your website and get serious. In the last couple of months after being continually rejected by AdSense, I had actually stopped posting on the site. But now with this light at the end of the tunnel, am now back in full force.

Going forward, my plan is to resume posting informational articles, at a more frequent rate that ever before. Additionally, I will start formulating a framework for affiliate content so that I can monetize the site through amazon associates as well.

For the month of September, my goal is to double my site's income from $1.50 to $3.00

Too Yappy for a Newbie??

This is really inspired me...How much traffic you got daily to reach that $1.50 from ezoic.

I've noticed in my life that not all $$$'s are created the same. Some are worth far more to me than others. Like earning $1 from my business (YES!) vs someone paying me $100 to do something for them (expected). Or paying too much for XYZ widget (that hurts) vs losing the same amount in the stock market (out of sight out of mind?). For me, it's an emotional experience, not logical. I say embrace the celebration, but keep at it. $1.50 is only the beginning.

I remember my first days, in a goofy self-serving niche where I wasn't doing on-page or anything. Seeing my Adsense starting to get a penny randomly. Then the game became to get a penny a day (on crappy impression-based ads with them). Then I started getting a random click per week. Then the game became to get a click per day.

Eventually I was busting the $1 threshold, and wanted to then break a $1 per day. Those were by far the most exciting times of my career.

It didn't take long to start investigating the internet marketing and SEO landscape and learning about on-page and links. Soon I let this site expire and started a lot more and was off to the races. Lost some time to dealing with spam links, but it's also what got me going full time (and crashed as soon as I did, talk about stress).

You've got a long and fun journey ahead of you. Don't be stubborn like I was. Learn from others mistakes and advice, stay focused, don't get distracted by short cuts, and don't spread yourself too thin.

Once you know the landscape well and know that you know what to do and how to do it, choosing one project, one monetization method, and refining and simplifying your tasks into easily repeatable and scalable tasks is how you hit it big. Good luck!

Yes, I earned my first dollar from Niche Websites on August. To be exact, it was $1.50

Don't get me wrong, this is not my first online income. I pretty much survived college, and still get primary income, from online gigs. This ranges from Virtual Assistant jobs, Data Entry jobs, Article Writing jobs, Design jobs etc.

However, this marks my first time to earn through a niche website, which I can say is not the same with the services I have mentioned above. For all those services, it is a one time payment where I am being compensated for a job done. But for a niche website, its my own long-term investment with the potential of giving me a passive income.

Of course $1.50 isn't something to brag about. Although I can get a few cups of coffee in my country, I know there are some countries, and some hotels even in my country, where this amount can't get you a single cup of coffee! So yes, its peanuts. But for someone who it's their first amount to earn through niche site, this is PURE GOLD! It is the inspiration I have been looking forward to.

Let's go back a little. I started the site a couple of months ago. I posted some high quality informative articles and then applied for AdSense. Oops! got rejected the first time. I tried to improve the design of my site, ensure it has contact page+policy page+etc, and then added some articles. Again, AdSense rejected me again. Well, by the end, I was rejected more than 5 times. At that time, I decided to do away with ads and probably try out my luck with amazon associates.

Of course I had planned to integrate affiliate content and monetize through amazon associates, but I had only planned to go that route once I reach 100 visitors per day. Of course there is not such rule or metric, and don't expect any explanation or justification from me. It's just something which I and myself had agreed. At the moment, the site was averaging 5-10 people per day.

Oops, turning out to be a loooong post. And it's my first one. But I hope someone will get inspired, so let me continue!

And then Ezoic happened!!! They removed their 10, 000 traffic limit and said anybody could apply without the traffic limitations. I immediately applied and waited their verdict. Towards the end of July, I received an email that my application was successfully. I went through their 'courses', passed the mandatory test, and then started running ads on my website. Somedays I would earn $0.00, but the average was $0.05. I think the day I earned the highest was $0.29.

To the established nichesite builders, this is unmentionable. But to a newbie like me, this is the key point of motivation. It is the moment where you see the potential in your website and get serious. In the last couple of months after being continually rejected by AdSense, I had actually stopped posting on the site. But now with this light at the end of the tunnel, am now back in full force.

Going forward, my plan is to resume posting informational articles, at a more frequent rate that ever before. Additionally, I will start formulating a framework for affiliate content so that I can monetize the site through amazon associates as well.

For the month of September, my goal is to double my site's income from $1.50 to $3.00

Too Yappy for a Newbie??
Have you thought about selling an eBook on your site? At the very least you now have first hand info on "Getting Started with Ezoic" and I am sure they have an affiliate program. :smile:

Too Yappy for a Newbie??
Congratulations! I remember when I made my first dollar. It was a silly website about funny jokes. I wrote all content myself and bought a few pbns.

I told my grandma about it and she was like, get a real job stop wasting your time on the computer all day.

Well I am glad I did not listen to her hahaha.

Back