New Wordpress Update April 2017: "noopener noreferrer"

Was the noreferrer tag removed with the new wordpress update 4.8 ?

Was the noreferrer tag removed with the new wordpress update 4.8 ?

Ya, it seems like the latest version only adds the noopener tag.
Code:
<a href="https://www.buildersociety.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Builder Society</a>

To the experts here on Builder Society - Should I remove the code for the TinyMce in the functions.php , (that disabled the adding of the noopener and the noreferrer tags) since with the new wordpress update 4.8 the noreferrer tag does not get added to links and hence will not affect affiliate link tracking?

To the experts here on Builder Society - Should I remove the code for the TinyMce in the functions.php , (that disabled the adding of the noopener and the noreferrer tags) since with the new wordpress update 4.8 the noreferrer tag does not get added to links and hence will not affect affiliate link tracking?
You should be able to do that with @Ryuzaki's code snippet - I use it myself.

// Stop TinyMCE from adding "noopener noreferrer" to target="_blank" links.
Wordpress is adding this but it interferes with a lot of affiliate program TOS agreements, like Amazon.
Code:
// Stop TinyMCE from adding "noopener noreferrer" to external links with target="blank"
add_filter('tiny_mce_before_init','tinymce_allow_unsafe_link_target');
function tinymce_allow_unsafe_link_target( $mceInit ) {
    $mceInit['allow_unsafe_link_target']=true;
    return $mceInit;
}

I fired up a new site today and it's definitely not adding noreferrer any more, just noopener, so yes it's safe to not have that code snippet.

Back