New Amazon Product Advertising API 5.0 - keep getting throttled

Degree
I tried to update my price comparison tool to handle the new Amazon Product Advertising API v5.0. Previously I got data from both the US and DE marketplaces and that worked fine. Now when I updated it I managed to get the US data working (the most important, so that's good). However Amazon.de keeps returning errors for 'too many requests', throttling. This happens even in the AMZ Scratchpad tool, so it's not a problem with my code (which already is proven to work for the US marketplace anyway).

Tried it again over multiple days, at different times and always the same response. It doesn't really make sense because I'm only requesting data for 1 product at one time, so there's no way I'm over the limit.

Anyone else running into (throttling) problems with the new 5.0 API? Can't really find anything online.

Is your request coming from a Shared IP Address? Meaning is your website hosted on a shared VPS where there could be other IP addresses requesting the API?

Are you on a dedicated server? Or behind a CDN?

I'm accessing the API from my local MAMP test server and through Amazon's own Scratchpad API test tool in the browser where you can send test requests. Both give the same results. I think the throttling is connected to your affiliate account, but maybe they check the IP too. In any case, there are no other requests coming from my IP (I think) and if there were, I'd expect the US API to be throttled too... Not sure though.

Do you make a good amount of sales in Amazon.de?
Not really, just enough to keep my account active from sales through my old site. Maybe in the future, but it seems still hard to get German visitors as an English-language site (I guess it also depends on your niche). Still, I like to show the German prices for the occasional German visitor as well, since there's not really a downside.

Thanks, that may be the problem. If I try to use the UK marketplace it also gives a throttling response (and for the UK I know for sure that I don't have access to the API). However, AMZ.de was working just a week ago with API 4.0, so that's odd. Also on partnernet.amazon.de it still says I have access to the API. Maybe the limit wasn't working with the previous API version somehow.

Back