Networking events for lead generation

Degree
I've been invited to a networking group yesterday. The person who invite a new member pay the first meal to the new future member. It's a group that is located in Montreal (biggest nearest city) and currently have 20 members. To keep a membership it cost 300$ per quarter to pay for the meals of the quarter and maintain the events.

What is interesting is you only have 1 member per profession and the group have a wide variety of professions from photographer to lawyer and business investor.

My place will be as software/web developer. My partners and I currently do web site development, business automation trough desktop software or cloud-based software.

I am personally in charge on the Online presence "department" : SEO, Adwords, ORM and client acquisition.
My partners are software engineers and do the apps, websites and software development and maintain the team and client follow up once I close them.

I think that the cost will be well worth the networking opportunity as just closing 1 client for even just an Adwords campaign will pay multiple folds and if I'm lucky and find someone interested in software automation the group will have paid itself for years.

My invite is tomorrow Thursday 12:15PM, will come back to post about how it went.

Awesome. Sounds like a secret society. Meet someone who needs a service? Recommend them to one of the guys in the society. Everyone wins. It'll likely be well worth your time, even if you got zero clients out of it. I can't imagine how much insight you're going to gain into different professions and ways of thinking and doing and acting.

A lot of networking groups have the one member per profession rule, it's not that unique a selling point. That being said networking is always good, just make sure it's worth the dues.

A lot of networking groups have the one member per profession rule, it's not that unique a selling point. That being said networking is always good, just make sure it's worth the dues.
The group itself is a none profit so the amount really just cover the meal and the time for the organizer to organize things.
I really loved the group, everyone have to be clean as it is in a private club establishment.
I am pretty sure that everyone is twice my age and the group itself was founded by the mayor of Montreal in 1967.
I already have a referral that will bring in more profits than the group quarterly cost and he said he has a lot of people to refer to me.

It is really easy to say that it is worth it already and as Ryuzaki just said it is a nice advantage to just get insights of how they think and how they see their own market.

It also is really nice as it really feel like a secret society hahaha.

Congrats man that's great to hear , I'm thinking of attending some local chamber of commerce events by me

This sounds like LeTip networking. I did it for two years around 2006-2007. It's good if your group is active or you know people will constantly need your services. The people I noticed that got the most return were: dentists, chiropractors, dry cleaners, bankers, and insurance agents.

Back