Need advice about email marketing

Degree
Hi guys.

This is about the site I'm working on in my journey thread. At 1000UVs/day, it's not exactly huge traffic, so adsense income is a pittance. From my testing I've noticed that the visitors readily subscribe their emails and when I mail stuff out the open rates are quite good, the best being 20%.

So I've reduce the adsense ads and made the email optins more prominent. I need help with ideas on how to monetise the audience:

Female
18-35 years old
mobile device users

The email bribe I'm using is a DIY recipe for getting fairer skin. So they are obviously interested in beauty stuff.

How would you craft your email sequence if you were in my shoes? Would love to pick your brains. Thanks folks!

for the eamils I would use storytelling and have a soft sell in each email, kind of like just mentioning a product or giving a hint at it with a link, this is powerfull couse storytelling taps in to our emotions, and emotions is what people buy with.
write the emails in second person(YOU), and write it as if you were talking/telling someone.

another thig that your "bribe" is telling about your audience is that they want to save money, almost everybody does, beuty and wanting to save money, you can easily make some affiliate commisions with disccounts, also dont forget to look at sidedoor markets, the most obvious one being fashion.

One thing I like to do with e-mails you've ended up with 'unexpectedly' as in your case where you started accumulating them without a plan in place for what to do next is to make sure to keep them very warm and expecting great stuff from you.

Pair that with the psychological trick of doing them a 'favour' so they feel like the owe you one back and you can keep a list warm for a little while as you get set up with your offers. There are always competitions, free stuff given away in store and all sorts in your niche and parallel niches, so you can hit them with some good 'warm up' favours while you plan what to sell. In the mean time you've lowered their guard somewhat as everything you've sent them up to that point has been awesome and free, and as @lion1978 suggests probably includes a nice bit of narrative to fit your end goals.

I'm particularly keen on this as I let what should have been a really valuable list go cold in the past when the offer we were going to make unexpectedly went away and we procrastinated for too long before warming it back up again. Talk about going from 47% open rates to 12%... It was a long time ago but a lesson I'll never forget!

You can monetize via clickbank offers. Lots of healthy/fitness/beauty stuff there. Can also create product reviews, comparisons, etc., on your blog link the items to amazon affiliate, and send emailed subscribers to that page (can't include amazon links in emails).

The problem is that it's mobile traffic. And my experience so far, it's harder to make sales on mobile. Makes sense too. I hate buying stuff on my phone. So you can set up CPM ads to monetize just the views.

The problem is that it's mobile traffic. And my experience so far, it's harder to make sales on mobile.

Just a thought here, but another monitzation method for mobile other than cpm ads might be a click to call thing and then taking orders by phone, if you are selling your own product that is, you wouldn't neccesaryily have to hire extra pepole, just have a voice guiding them through the procces, or the click to call could be that you get there number and then call them, haven't tried the first option just an idea bouncing off my head, the second one I have done and it converts really well depending on ones salesmanships also naturally.

Great idea about click to call, or doing what you did and getting their number to call them. That didn't occur to me before but it makes perfect sense seeing as the user is already on the their phone so...get a call going! hah

What I usually do is to divide my email marketing campaigns in groups:

- Warm-up Sequence: where you actually present yourself and give away free valuable content. This is usually during the first 7-10 days and it allows the subscriber to get to know you and build authority on the process.

- Indoctrination Sequence: A set of another 3-5 emails presenting a problem and elaborating on the solution (your upcoming product). This can also help you generating more authority and position yourself as the expert in the field.

- Sale Sequence: This could be a set of 2-3 emails selling an affiliate product or a product you've created. I advise here to create scarcity and a special subscribers deal (x% off, etc) that last for X amount of days. If they don't purchase on the first email, you follow up with them.

- Value Sequence: This is where you keep delivering value and send a promotional email from time to time. I like to give 3 valuable emails for every promotional one I made. This could also be a hybrid where you sell some product by giving away good information, etc.

You can get even more granular with some time of behavioral tagging like Active Campaign does. But it will all depend on how well you know your audience.

At the end of the day, with 1000 uv a day you should be getting a nice amount of optins every month. Remember that your list is your #1 asset.

One thing I like to do with e-mails you've ended up with 'unexpectedly' as in your case where you started accumulating them without a plan in place for what to do next is to make sure to keep them very warm and expecting great stuff from you.

Pair that with the psychological trick of doing them a 'favour' so they feel like the owe you one back and you can keep a list warm for a little while as you get set up with your offers. There are always competitions, free stuff given away in store and all sorts in your niche and parallel niches, so you can hit them with some good 'warm up' favours while you plan what to sell. In the mean time you've lowered their guard somewhat as everything you've sent them up to that point has been awesome and free, and as @lion1978 suggests probably includes a nice bit of narrative to fit your end goals.

I'm particularly keen on this as I let what should have been a really valuable list go cold in the past when the offer we were going to make unexpectedly went away and we procrastinated for too long before warming it back up again. Talk about going from 47% open rates to 12%... It was a long time ago but a lesson I'll never forget!

Steve nails it here. IME find a few specific offers that align very closely with the purpose of your audience and their common interests. Write a series that speaks to the topic and introduces several common roadblocks or problems that are experienced all the while offering helpful solutions. Doing over a week or two with new emails coming every 2-3 days, as you slowly build to your solution email where you introduce the product.

In that same vein I wouldn't directly introduce the product (at least IMHO) but instead spend the time to find/use a product where you are able to get real data and tell a real user story - leaning on user data to make the case for you will likely increase your CTR+Conv 10 fold.

What I usually do is to divide my email marketing campaigns in groups:

- Warm-up Sequence: where you actually present yourself and give away free valuable content. This is usually during the first 7-10 days and it allows the subscriber to get to know you and build authority on the process.

- Indoctrination Sequence: A set of another 3-5 emails presenting a problem and elaborating on the solution (your upcoming product). This can also help you generating more authority and position yourself as the expert in the field.

- Sale Sequence: This could be a set of 2-3 emails selling an affiliate product or a product you've created. I advise here to create scarcity and a special subscribers deal (x% off, etc) that last for X amount of days. If they don't purchase on the first email, you follow up with them.

- Value Sequence: This is where you keep delivering value and send a promotional email from time to time. I like to give 3 valuable emails for every promotional one I made. This could also be a hybrid where you sell some product by giving away good information, etc.

You can get even more granular with some time of behavioral tagging like Active Campaign does. But it will all depend on how well you know your audience.

At the end of the day, with 1000 uv a day you should be getting a nice amount of optins every month. Remember that your list is your #1 asset.

this is gold! exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

Here also you have to apply AIDA kind of marketing which mentioned Digital Crash Course like

A - Awareness
I - Interest
D - Desire
A - Action

Create your Email campaign like one by one and finally your email readers turned into buyers and they do marketing for you.

So...I'm creating a nutrition/weight loss list and selling a product off Clickbank.

The emails the vendor gives you are 3-4 emails that are short articles with a link to the same offer page every time. I find it hard to believe these will work "as is", simply because even though they are well-disguised up front as informational articles, the user will see that each leads to the same sales page for each email they are getting daily.

If my lead magnet is a coupon for the best selling weight loss product, how should I structure my emails by incorporating the vendor emails provided, and what if anything should be added to this sequence?

Also, I feel that diet articles are a dime a dozen and you don't need to be on an email list to find them. Is there a better way to keep the list constantly warm than by simply writing articles on how to stay slim and fit?

Back