Namecheap $1 XYZ domains

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
They are selling cheap XYZ domains right now for $1 (whoisguard included). Good for PBNs (if someone is willing to work on them a bit...), and for other ideas. They have a lot of traffic right now and some orders won't get through. If that happens just send support request.

PBNs aren't suppose to be on brand new domians with zero authority and no metrics and no history- you just created a separate site you have to rank along your money site as well if so... Who gave this ridiculous strategy?

PBNs aren't suppose to be on brand new domians with zero authority and no metrics and no history

Why not? If that site gets developed a bit, equipped with some profiles and kept fresh with rss/twitter feeds, in 3-4 months it's still going to be a nice & clean link. I used about 30% fresh domains in a small PBN I built for my needs and they already got renewed - so that's a year of history right there.

There are definitely ways to turn freshly regged domains into decent link donors - and it's minimizing your footprints too, since everyone and his uncle is doing PBNs on repurposed dropped domains.

I'm not crazy about waiting a year to get some authority when I can buy a domain with authority built into it. It's hard enough to build authority into the money site.

Personally I minimize my footprint by leveraging other websites for links. Not by building new ones and dealing with all the hassle that comes with it.

Why not? If that site gets developed a bit, equipped with some profiles and kept fresh with rss/twitter feeds, in 3-4 months it's still going to be a nice & clean link. I used about 30% fresh domains in a small PBN I built for my needs and they already got renewed - so that's a year of history right there.

There are definitely ways to turn freshly regged domains into decent link donors - and it's minimizing your footprints too, since everyone and his uncle is doing PBNs on repurposed dropped domains.

What you are describing is a Microsite, especially if you have a waiting period like a year - I'm all for that.

But you and I both know when people talk about PBNs and their strategy, it isn't to go the microsite route, it's to utilize the authority and juice of the site already existing. A brand new domain cannot be a part of their classical term of PBN - that's just a random other domain along side your money site that you now have to focus on - that's not the purpose and will confuse newbies when people mix microsite and PBN like this.

If someone registers a money site, then registers 12 additional sites - there is no additional power or juice from those newly registered domains. Instead of 1 project to focus your complete energy on you created 13 projects that all have to gain authority/power to be worth anything. That's not the PBN strategy.

A PBN strategy is utilizing domains already with power (dropped, bought, aged, or whatever) to push up your new money site. 99.999% of the time the PBN sites are older then the money site, not bought at the same time - hence the age benefit goes into the power being pushed.

A Microsite (this is the strategy I prefer by the way), is a site that can pay it's own rent directly, generate revenue, has it's own google traffic so Google sees it is a benefit to keep them indexed and not de-index them, and can send referring traffic to your money site along side the power they have pushing your money site. I consider those two different strategies and I honestly assumed everyone did.

PBNs aren't suppose to be on brand new domians with zero authority and no metrics and no history- you just created a separate site you have to rank along your money site as well if so... Who gave this ridiculous strategy?
Yes, ultimately I'm talking about developing those sites to the point they have authority. Growing them together with main website. It's investment, that's true.
Also, you don't need to wait a whole year to start getting benefits out of those sites (in terms of rankings/traffic of money site). Getting those sites to the right spot isn't that time consuming or expensive. 6-7 months and you can have equivalent of a PR3 with multiple PR1 pages if you are using right links and site structure (not that expensive links also). Personally I prefer to buy 30 new domains and develop them the way I want, over buying one aged $60 domain. Yes, my costs will get higher but I will have also more flexibility (and after some time much bigger network, more IP's etc.).

A PBN strategy is utilizing domains already with power (dropped, bought, aged, or whatever) to push up your new money site.
Can't agree with this. PBN is just a private blog network. It can be used in many ways. What if I'm building a new PBN? Can't I just create a PBN out of new domains? Of course I can. Will I have to wait some time to get benefits out of it? Sure. Still it's just PBN.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy aged domains with authority. Sure, buy them if you want and can (and that can get VERY expensive at times).

When we're talking about building a "PBN" with brand new sites on new domains aren't we just talking about... building websites? This whole PBN fad needs to die. Actually no it doesn't. The longer it takes people to realize that earnest real sites are going to give you the strongest links AND earn money AND be real assets, vs lil dinky PBN's that get shot down... the bigger head start I'll maintain.

Back