My SEO Companies entire business model.

Degree
Hey guys!

I first started my own IT business back in 2009 right when I turned 21 (Got my CCIE, MCSE, CCSP) for those who know what those are.

So I paid someone to build a website for me when they told me of this magical thing that made sense (SEO), I always wondered how these websites get to the top of the search engines. Anyways... I liked the (SEO) idea so much that I gave him 7,000.00 (Which looking back on it he probably did 300.00 worth of work) and he was able to rank me in the top 10 for some of my terms. Now this was a complete ripoff but one of the terms he ranked me for was "SEO in City Name" and guess what? I got a call to come in and speak to these people about doing SEO. Keep in mind I don't know shit about SEO or how to do it, I simply know what the goal of SEO is and who I can pay to get it done. I pitched my ass off and quoted these guys at 2400/m for 20 keywords. It fuckin stuck! It stuck so well that in 3 months I was able to get them at 4800/m for 40 keywords... I mean... lol. So what did I do? I hired this dude name Sarkar Kumar to build the links and he spammed the tits out of the site and ranked every keyword in the top 3. I kept that client for over 3 years... Ok so where am I going here. I must have been the luckiest fuckin guy on the planet because the only other clients I could manage to get after that would barely pay me 1k and I still had the problem of not knowing wtf I was doing, the only thing I could do was hire people like S. Kumar (But I talked a big game).

So after realizing that I was never going to get rich fixing computers, networks, servers, and outsourcing SEO I decided to try and figure out a new approach. After years of trying different things (A lot of different things) here is where I am today.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I created a marketing agency that will front ALL OF THE COST of their internet marketing. Build them a great website, do the on-site SEO, link-build, write content, re-brand, whatever it takes. They literally don't have to spend a dime.

What do I get in return? I get 50% of all profits from all jobs that my marketing efforts bring in. I set a cap at 2,000.00 per city. You want 4 cities? Sure, but the cap will be 8,000.00 a month.

What happens if they don't get any sales? They don't owe me a penny.

What this does is allows me to potentially make 2-8k+ a month from a client who would have never forked out 1k upfront.

How do I track? Simple... Callfire numbers, I record the calls and I log them into an excel spreadsheet, At the end of the month I meet with the client (who also has a spreadsheet) and we go over what was made. I also use a livechat in which I monitor.

Guess what? Every month I make 2-10k per client from simple local small business like... Window blinds, roofers, carpet cleaners, water damage, window installers, lawyers, patio screens, auto body shops, ect. If it is a service based business that generates a decent income per 1 job, I'm all over that shit.

Even better, you ready for this?

Some clients I have are doing so well that I literally partner with them in a new venture where I get 30% of all profits with no cap from my marketing efforts and I expand their areas and grow their businesses. For some clients I have done this with I make well over 30k+ a month.

Now you do need to be VERY personable, that nerdy shit isn't going to cut it. These are blue collar guys, just be straight up with them and don't speak nerd language bullshit. What is there to lose? If they make money they pay, if they don't they don't pay.

Even better yet? Most of my clients I don't even talk to, I just collect my monthly check and they don't bother me.

I thought I would put this out there for the go getters or for the agencies that are making ok money, but aren't getting rich.

Imagine getting 20-100 small business with caps ranging from 2k-8k a month who never ever fuckin bother you.

For any wondering how I approach small businesses, it is very simple.

There are small business networking groups all over the country. BNI is the largest, chamber of commerces have them, and there are some others like NPI.

I just go for 2 weeks to each group "as a guest who is interested in joining (yea fuckin right)" and before I go I research the companies that will be there. I then seek out the ones I am interested in "service based - high profit per job" and I strike up a conversation before the meet starts or I will even mention who i want to do business with in my introduction or sales pitch minute to the group. My biz cards are fuckin badass (moo.com luxe) and I stand out (dress well, workout, nice car, blah blah all the superficial succesful shit).

I then call each of the ones I am interested in the next day and I make it real short. "hey "first name" how are you? Great I just wanted to catch you before I stepped into this meeting real quick and let you know I've done all the research on your competitors and looked at your online presence and wanted to know what time tomorrow or the next day would work for us to meet? Even if you end up not signing at least you will get a bit of an education, win - win." I have had very few people shoot this down and the best part is BNI alone has over 40 meetings a week in my area. Easy money.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my 1 page contract. Why 1 page? Because if someone really wants out they will get out. Who wants to work with an unhappy client?

This contract is entered between (Marketing Company Name) and ___________________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) on the _________ day of___________________________________, 2015.

1. (Marketing Company Name) will provide Client with Marketing Services and will assume all marketing responsibilities below.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

The total fee for the services to be provided is 50% of the profit per customer verified to have come from
(Marketing Company Name) with the maximum amount being capped at $2,000.00 or the minimum amount being $0.00
. Billing will be paid monthly and can be as low as $0.00 or as high as $2,000.00 based on the number of proven clients that were brought in by the marketing efforts of Marketing Company Name.

3. (Marketing Company Name) reserves the right to track client origins through the use of Phone Numbers, Spreadsheets, Advertisements, IP Addresses, Live Chat logs, and Web Statistics.

4. (Marketing Company Name) and "Client" agree that the client will provide an excel spreadsheet or similar form of tracking to verify all customer names, email addresses, phone numbers, & referee.

5. (Marketing Company Name) agrees to help with any training, monitoring, or IT services that would help the client better provide the above tracking service.

6. "Client" is to notify (Marketing Company Name) of any current marketing contracts, self marketing, or plans to market in the future. After this contract is signed (Marketing Company Name) must approve any forms of marketing that "client" wants to commit to. (Marketing Company Name) can choose to accept or deny the request of outside marketing of "clients" services or products.

7. "Client" agrees to a 1 year commitment with (Marketing Company Name) ending exactly 1 year from the date this contract was signed. (Marketing Company Name) can terminate this contract at anytime and for any reason.

Client Name: __________________________________________________ ______________________
Client Signature __________________________________________________ ______________________
Company Name: __________________________________________________ ______________________
Signature __________________________________________________ ______________________
Date: __________________________________________________ ______________________

This business model has allowed me to branch out into building my own internet properties and to do other things like becoming a partner with other business owners in local business ventures, sell leads, and to just make a ton of money in general.

This project that I posted here

https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/local-seo-smm-project-w-a-25k-investment.922/#post-9578

I expect to make me between 30k-100k a month in just a few short months.

Pretty sweet idea. A few questions for you:

1) Certain local service based niches are getting super competitive. How do you approach those? Do you just not take them on?

2) How many months will you run a $2k loss per city without any sales before dropping the client?

3) How many months does it typically take to recoup your investment?

4) How do you know what the client is actually taking in per job, what their costs are, and what their true profit-per-job ends up being? Seems to me most clients wouldn't give you access to those numbers and that it would be pretty hard to track.

Pretty sweet idea. A few questions for you:

1) Certain local service based niches are getting super competitive. How do you approach those? Do you just not take them on?

2) How many months will you run a $2k loss per city without any sales before dropping the client?

3) How many months does it typically take to recoup your investment?

4) How do you know what the client is actually taking in per job, what their costs are, and what their true profit-per-job ends up being? Seems to me most clients wouldn't give you access to those numbers and that it would be pretty hard to track.

Hey dude!

1) I haven't come across any that I couldn't crack except for Drug Rehab, Lawyers are also difficult depending on the type.

2) Often times I can get profits after 1-2 months, the only time I would drop somebody is if they are trying to fuck me over.

3) 1-2

4) I don't care about Gross vs Net, they owe me 50% of the job until cap. I haven't had an issue yet with people sending me their invoices for the people I request.

That sounds like a great way to do it, I'm working on building up my agency but don't want to step on your toes. BNI is in my area as well so how about I send you a PM so we don't end up with overlapping territories?

That sounds like a great way to do it, I'm working on building up my agency but don't want to step on your toes. BNI is in my area as well so how about I send you a PM so we don't end up with overlapping territories?

I'd love to run into someone from these forums. However I don't go to the meetings anymore, I have a 10/10 Cuban sales girl go for me. I am also in the US.

yeah I saw your post on WF, I don't know why some of the guys on there are hating on you so much.

Some people bothered about clients being honest with you etc.

Why the fuck would they not be honest with you, if you are passing them loads of leads why would they risk the business relationship you have?

Once you have proved you can pass solid leads, you pretty much own the situation.

I know if I had some guy passing me leads on a regular basis, I wouldn't want to screw him over.

Could you link to the WF post? I'd be interested to read it.

Hey guys.

Yea Grind that is exactly what happens, I don't have any issues because they know I will pull the plug on their leads.

I won't be posting pics of her haha, yes I am in Miami.

The WF post doesn't have much more info, just me repeating the same things over and over to people who need "a guarantee" because they can't do anything in life without assurance.

Actually, this is almost identical a model I run as well. 90% of my clients barely use the Internet as they have an administrative staff that does that. I take a lot of offline businesses and put them online. I never talk to my clients about links, all they care about is more clients, more revenue, and acelleration to revenue.

Only difference is I use a declining cost model where after the cap the price goes down dramatically. And after a set number of months I slightly lower the cap overall.

When I show up they are excited to meet with me and gladly pay the bill. I also provide a kickback against their monthly for referrals. :wink:

Last edited:
How do you handle competing companies in the same industries? I'll use water damage firms as an example because I happen to own one. But let's say Water Damage Company A signs a contract, then a few weeks later Water Damage Company B from down the street wants to you use your services? Will you do business with that company? Or do you have some sort of exclusivity agreement? I know that if I was paying a guy to do my SEO, and I found out my competitor was using the exact same SEO, I'd be a little miffed.

I love the water damage damage industry, I make a lot of money from it. I only stick to one per area,

I actually have a meeting with a friend who runs a local service company later today.... I have a website that's started to get some traffic for local keywords and posted on my facebook asking if anyone knew anyone who did that service. Voila, one of my friends did.

I'm thinking of just taking a flat cut of the profit. Maybe 30 percent of the profit? No cap. I think once I rank for the major keywords in the area, I'd be making at least 2k/month, if not more.

Back