My Results with Amazon Affiliate Black Friday & Questions

Degree
Hello,

Thought about sharing my results on this Black Friday and also asking two questions regarding the Amazon Affiliates reporting.

For this year's Black Friday I had prepared something based on SEO but everything was too late so instead I decided to do some old school marketing. Reddit was my target as I had good experience there.

Here are the results
y4ZwntY.png

What I assume is, most ordered items should also be shipped? Unless it's something virtual, no stock, order cancelled or fraud. I believe these are rare cases so I expect to have 250+ or even more shipped. That would mean more earnings.

Second question is, how well does Amazon handle reporting, do they come back and update any stats 2-3 or 7 days later?

Would highly appreciate if you could share your experience with Amazon and their reporting.

Thank you

They are pretty quick. You'll see the majority of those items ship out within the next day or two. If you had a lot of items ordered on a Friday, you should expect to see a lot of items shipped on Saturday.

I bet your report for today looks very different now than it did at 8am when you asked this. I usually see an update midmorning.

edit: Just looked at mine. They seem to be a little slow today.

BTW, that's one hell of a good job!

Second question is, how well does Amazon handle reporting, do they come back and update any stats 2-3 or 7 days later?

The "Ordered Items" list, when you view it as "Today" is updated in real time.

The "Shipped Items" updates once a day. I see these changes in the dashboard occurring around 3am EST. There's maybe 30 minutes to an hour where data is wonky as it moves from today to yesterday.

Looks like you have quite the number of unshipped items still. If the numbers stay the same on average you should score another $1,200 or so... Killer conversion rate!

But yeah, items ship in a trickle over the course of days. Some 3rd party items may take a week depending on stock, etc. You may see some returns in the coming weeks too. It's all a numbers game.

What's nice about returns is if you sell something while at the 7.5% commission rate and then the buyer returns it, Amazon only docks you at the 4% rate, so you still keep whatever extra you had above 4%.

Virtual items DO show up as shipped, by the way.

What's nice about returns is if you sell something while at the 7.5% commission rate and then the buyer returns it, Amazon only docks you at the 4% rate, so you still keep whatever extra you had above 4%.
Does that mean they just bump you down to the lowest tier of commission?
So if I'm already at the 4% mark, I.E electronics, I'll stay there?

Does that mean they just bump you down to the lowest tier of commission?
So if I'm already at the 4% mark, I.E electronics, I'll stay there?

Yeah, it's not they bump you down. If it's an item that scales up the commission tiers, like...

Let's say you sold a $100 item. You were at the 7.5% tier for any item that can scale up. So you were awarded $7.50 for that. When the return is processed, they count it as 4%. So they only deduct $4. So in the end, you still get to keep $3.50 just because Amazon is cool like that.

For the stuff that is at 4% or lower, I suspect they "return it" at the same rate. So if you only received 2% for an item, they'd dock you for 2% back, not 4%. You won't get penalized on anything. But they do throw you a bone otherwise.

Thanks for the input Ryuzaki, much appreciated.

I will post a fast update, today seems to be even bigger than yesterday. Now I figure the data is independent of day.

As an example if I have 500 ordered items on 25 Nov and half of these will ship on 30 Nov then those 250 shipped items will show on the 30 Nov stats. I thought stats for previous days will keep updating as items get shipped but apparently now, according to today's stats:

OGYZKW0.png

It's either Ordered vs Shipped items lag for the day or the stats are independent of day and the 383 shipped include products ordered in previous days.

Made this fast update but I will come later to update on what I've done and tips.

bwqnJrT.png

Total earnings $3k

From billions and billions spent during these days I got only $3k... embarassing and totally pathetic.

For those who would like to know what I did, I realized it's better to keep quiet. I guess we could talk about anything but not exact methods or tactics. I would say: study, observe, replicate. And you will find your own.

So this was PPC ads on Reddit? Can you say what you're ROI was?

Back