Music Artist Help? How to Get Attention?

Degree
When you’ve already put your music on all music platforms and have a great music video. How do you get a authentic fan base with out having to build it them up over the years??

Music is a product, and like most products you either build a customer base or buy it.
The new option is the viral piece.
The viral can backfire as many have experienced when they take it too far.

The record corps still have the influence which gets views & plays.

So unless you can produce something that goes viral (and how many videos will that take?) your chances are very slim.

I would look at how other musicians got their breaks and reverse-engineer. Focusing on acts that haven't been hustling for years, but "came outta nowhere". Was there an unfilled market demand they found? Did they target an underserved audience?

Dominate a sub-market of a sub-niche first to build a name in a small pond, then move out to bigger ponds. It's just like musicians moving to Nashville or New York to get a break. They ruin their chances of getting any attention because they just multiplied the competition a 1000 fold. Make a small name and leverage that into the next but bigger group and maintain marketing in both. Then the next, then the next. This micro targeting is great because you'll create apostles that will spread your name for you.

You should also be going for big exposure just to build name recognition. Buy your way onto Spotify playlists. Spend the money to film a professional tier music video and get it on Youtube and pay to advertise it to interested viewers. Facebook and Instagram are great for that too.

Unless you can sign with a larger label that can artificially stuff you in front of everyone's faces (and your music has mass appeal) then you'll have to grind it out over the years. You can go the route of guys like ICP (Tech N9ne copied their model) and build your own label and grind out your own tours.

Also, leverage other people's names. Get beats by known producers (it's not as expensive as you think from their old catalogs), get collaborations with known people. Then promote to their fan bases.

Nothing is going to replace hustling. Musicians don't get to just be musicians any more. Big labels don't even sign acts that don't already have a baked in fan base. They don't want to teach you, massage you, mature you. They want to buy cash flow that they can grow.

^ agreed. keyword niches....

Backlinks help too. My Google News service helped an artist gain over 10k views and an organic buzz that's still growing.

My suggestion is target small niches with backlinks, build out. Use news editorials to make the artit name look bigger than it is. Blogs fill search with images & stories that generate real interests.

An artist can tell thew orld he's the greatest but nobody belives it if nobody can see where it' being talked about

@GoogleNewsLinks, are you going to keep shilling your service in every post you make? You even started a lab thread for the sole purpose of promoting your service. It's transparent and distasteful. Add more value and less self-promotion and you'll build trust. Your username is already bad enough. He's not asking about SEO and rankings, he's asking about marketing.

@GoogleNewsLinks, are you going to keep shilling your service in every post you make? You even started a lab thread for the sole purpose of promoting your service. It's transparent and distasteful. Add more value and less self-promotion and you'll build trust. Your username is already bad enough. He's not asking about SEO and rankings, he's asking about marketing.

Your opinion is your opinion.

I'm not even arguing with foolishness.

You think homelessness was a 'sole purpose of promoting.'

And I actually have a Youtube account with millions of views and my product videos own the Top of search for the targeted keywords. Front page. All because of My Service. That's how my service became an actual business. Revisiting old knowledge.

If you want, lets make a 'winner takes all' bet.

You sound mad. No clue why BUT Ok. God Bless You.

Sometimes the truth irritates people.

Back