Monetizing Political Social Media Pages

Degree
Hi,

I run some large politics (US) related social media pages. I do Mostly videos, and memes supporting a political party. Besides directing traffic to a website and monetizing off ads, does anyone know how to monetize these pages? Maybe some sponsorship from PR agencies or something?

I'm guessing you're not catering to a particularly sophisticated audience? If that's the case...

Shopify store with audience-appropriate t-shirts, hats, and bumper stickers to "support the channel". The more bold and offensive the slogans are the better. Sell to the 10% of people on the fringes. I'd look at running a buy-1-get-3 promo on similar items.

If you get any traction, you can then run negative promotions against your brand from the other political angle... by launching a new "Anti (your channel) channel". Then sell t-shirts, hats, and bumper stickers that condone you and your audience to monetize both sides of the aisle.

I would be all over print on demand. There was a ton of money made with MAGA merch and if you can tap into a similar feeling you could be on a winner. As mentioned above Tshirt and cups etc but a POD product that often gets overlooked are simple stickers. Political parties and their supporters love stickers.

Tap into members paranoia about bias in social media with posts like “posts not being shown” “platform x is censoring us” and your audience can do a lot of the heavy lifting on advertising.

I'd watch whatever podcasts that are huge on whichever side of the aisle you're working, and see what sponsors are consistently paying for exposure. Reach out to all of them and all of their smaller time competitors and treat it like a "sponsorship" just like you see on YouTube and Instagram. It's basically pay-per-plug based on the impressions you can get.

There's PR agencies that will do all the heavy lifting for you for a solid 15-20% cut, but you have to be big time enough since their cut is a fraction of what yours would be.

Back