Monetizing Pinterest Traffic

Degree
My site at the moment is receiving 5-9k/ unique visitors a day from Pinterest.

I'm using Adsense to monetize but I'm looking for more display advertising options at the moment (CPM would be nice).
I'd like to dip my toes into some affiliate programs if you know a good one for Pinterest traffic (Fashion/Makeup, etc).

Any help or suggestions welcomed.

I remember someone mention in-image adds for this kind of traffic, GumGum or similar. Also, have you tried skimlinks?
I was wandering how long it took to reach these traffic numbers with Pinterest?

Word. If you're site is image heavy, GumGum is good for in-image CPM ads. @Varys might have more nuggets of wisdom to share.

As for affiliates, on clickbank do a search for the Survival Life products. Once you have the info, check out the Makeup/beauty section on Clickbank. The Survival Life guys have an affiliate program for Makeup/beauty that is run just like the Survival Life stuff, so it should be easy to spot. Haven't tried it myself but it seems to be put together pretty well.

Maybe @Varys can give you some input on the monetization. He has been killing it with Pinterest traffic.

For most CPM networks you need to be pushing some pretty high numbers to get accepted. There are some you can jump into with low limits though, like Amazon CPM, Sovrn, etc. You can mix them in with Adsense in the best spots for Clicks and place them elsewhere else. It takes time to tweak the CPM floors and order of the waterfall based on fill rate, but once you get it in place it's set and forget. In-image ads too.

Check out AdThrive, 100,000 pageviews a month to get in. Great for that kind of traffic. Also GumGum, of course.

Back