Micro productivity Idea thats working for me

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
I have a problem with distraction. Starting something and ending up somewhere else, checking email, fixing another problem. I actually don't think getting off track is just a self control problem, its me getting lost in my task and wandering to something else. I just started doing this with some good success:

When I need to execute a task like: 'Recreate the landing page' I have to break down the task into single actions on a bit of paper and cross them off as I go. The 30 second investment to break down the steps has been saving me tons of time. Small actions that are quick to complete with a definite purpose help me stay focused and know when the task is done.

For example:
-Add header image
-Write new copy from existing
-Create form
-Test form
-Structure Page
-Push Live

Hope it helps someone else.

Phenom

Get Rich Snippets, Or Die Trying
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I have a problem with distraction. Starting something and ending up somewhere else, checking email, fixing another problem. I actually don't think getting off track is just a self control problem, its me getting lost in my task and wandering to something else. I just started doing this with some good success:

When I need to execute a task like: 'Recreate the landing page' I have to break down the task into single actions on a bit of paper and cross them off as I go. The 30 second investment to break down the steps has been saving me tons of time. Small actions that are quick to complete with a definite purpose help me stay focused and know when the task is done.

For example:
-Add header image
-Write new copy from existing
-Create form
-Test form
-Structure Page
-Push Live

Hope it helps someone else.
This is a really good way to start the process of getting shit done. I work at an agency with 30+ clients and every morning before I do anything I create a text file with the most important things I NEED to get done for that day.

This gives me a goal to shoot for and I tend to work better when I know what needs to be done and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Something about crossing shit off of a list gets me hyped!

Degree
I do something similar but I use Evernote instead, simply because if the task I'm working on isn't as simple as in your example, I can refer back to my list at a later time time from any device and not have to worry about the paper I wrote everything down on. This is especially helpful to create and manage to do lists. Simple yet effective.

Degree
Personally I'm better with fewer tasks listed. Takes less time too management wise since I have multiple people in these tools. I like only have a couple big things to finish for the day instead of 20 mini tasks. I'm big on timeblocking too so just having

Issue too is whenever I planned all the mini tasks ahead of time I would always miss something or discover something on the way which would cause more management upkeep.