Membership site with study guide/quizzes

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hello, looking for some guidance and to be pointed in the right direction if anyone has experience with this.

Need a website where people can sign up for a subscription membership and access study guides / quizzes. This part is pretty straightforward, I'm aware of different membership plugins and quiz builders.

The part I'm not sure about is: I want the results from the quizzes to be tied to that user's account, to have a page that displays the results of all the quizzes they've taken in the past, along with displaying explanations for the questions they've gotten wrong and what they need to work on.

Being able to have "groups" of users would be good, too. To schedule meetings, probably via Google Meet, to send out notifications/emails to groups of users, invites, etc. I think email would be fine for this, rather than having a built-in messaging system into the site, but idk yet.

Ideally, would like to have it segmented so that members who signup via Link 1 will get quizzes / study guides on a specific topic, whereas people who visit via Link 2 will get quizzes / study guides on an entirely different topic. Or maybe members sign up, then choose which series of topics they want to unlock by subscribing to those specific quizzes - so maybe an ability to unlock certain ones after payment.

Early stages of planning, any thoughts are helpful.

Well as a developer I know how I would code it, I'd probably take a look at supabase or firebase, that way it's pretty easy to manage users in terms of auth, roles etc. Then in the database i'd probably have an object or tables (firebase is key value, and supabase is relational) that stores the users ID, past quiz's theyve taken, and results.

You might be able to do this inside of wordpress, creating a new table and referencing the users primary key etc. You would probably need to modify whatever quiz plugin you choose to save the results to the DB and then update that table that links the user to the results.

In terms of creating groups, you could have another table for that too. Then every time you wanted to schedule a meeting you could have some type of interface that queries the database for those users and adds them to google meet or teams via api based on their email idk.

But yeah sounds like it would be quite a bit to do in wordpress, not sure how it would effect stability. Using NextJS and supabase or firebase would probably be easier imo.

Hopefully my rambling atleast helped a little, maybe there is a plugin that does all of this, not sure, havent used wordpress in years

Just a quick update. I heard back from one of the plugins I reached out to (Memberpress) and they have the ability to setup a membership site, build courses/classes, and the quiz results can be saved and viewed again later by the user. That checks a lot of our boxes. I had also reached out to ThriveThemes about their quiz builder in particular, but looking at it again I don't think it's quite what I need.

If Memberpress can handle most of it out of the box, we'll probably go ahead and put this together at least to get something viable up, then look into doing something custom down the road if necessary.

I'll update with how it goes and if I come across anything better for the sake of anyone looking for something similar down the road.

Still open to ideas and suggestions, too, or if anyone's used Memberpress in particular - how'd you like it? Did you run into any notable problems?

The main thing I took away from reading this is that the Google Meets and meeting scheduling seems like it's entirely out of scope for this project as I'm understanding it. All the notifications, messaging, groups and scheduling... That seems like a version 2.0 deal to me, if not something to abandon entirely.

Back