Marshall Islands to Issue Physical Banknotes for World’s First Decentralized National Digital Currency

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
The Marshall Islands will soon circulate physical banknotes representing the world’s first decentralized national digital currency. This is happening under an agreement with Tangem, a Swiss maker of blockchain-enabled smart card wallets for cryptocurrencies.

“We are excited to partner with the Republic of the Marshall Islands to do something that has never been done before: issue a digital currency as official legal tender,” Tangem co-founder Andrey Kurennykh gushed in a statement.

full news - https://www.ccn.com/marshall-island...irst-decentralized-national-digital-currency/

So they'll have regular physical bills... which is a fiat currency. Then they'll have to balance the value of this "digital" currency which should be price regulated by some type of power and time required to mine it... but it's fiat so they can still flood the market with more physical bills or pull them out of circulation? If they don't do that then the bills will fluctuate in value a ton based on speculation and pump and dump schemes?

I don't get it. This must be some "side currency" and not their official currency.

I think people are trying to find new 'wild' markets like Bitcoin was.... PAD for sure but always great hiding grounds too

Back