Looking for more "Day 13 - Paid Traffic" materials

Degree
Hello,

I'm getting into paid traffic and I would appreciate if you could share the good resources like BuSo's Digital Strategy Crash Course "Day 13 - Paid Traffic". Any related epic material that concentrates on fundamentals and not general advice would be relevant.

I remember someone made a decent guide (maybe on this forum)... the content was like "hey, the Day 13 - Paid Traffic was written several years ago, here's what changed...". And that guy had a very good explanation of a FB ads goals. I regret not to save that guide and now I'm looking it everywhere I can without luck.

Hello,

I'm getting into paid traffic and I would appreciate if you could share the good resources like BuSo's Digital Strategy Crash Course "Day 13 - Paid Traffic". Any related epic material that concentrates on fundamentals and not general advice would be relevant.

I remember someone made a decent guide (maybe on this forum)... the content was like "hey, the Day 13 - Paid Traffic was written several years ago, here's what changed...". And that guy had a very good explanation of a FB ads goals. I regret not to save that guide and now I'm looking it everywhere I can without luck.
Not sure what you mean.

I wrote the Day 13 thread on the Crash Course.

While you may be looking for more material, I think you would hard pressed to really find it. Mainly because everyone writes entry level newbie guides... You know, how to go from nothing to entry level basic PPC guides. But no one writes how to go from entry level to mid level, or mid level to expert level guides. So finding things more epic ( while possible ) is very low chance if I were to be honest.

And that's not me being braggy or big headed. Honestly it is not. I've just been around the block a while and ended up writing that based on what couldn't be found. As if I pretended, "what would I have like to have been told when I started out in PPC?"

Day 13 is both a general and fundamental guide. You have to maybe read it a few times to pick up the fundamentals. Once obtained, I feel you will really have issues finding anything more epic than what I wrote, just bc no one is publishing anything high level/expert level.. its all entry level PPC. If you do find some, it will probably be the same things I wrote, just phrased differently. Those rephrased articles may help you as sometimes you have to read or learn something differently to grasp it, but in the grand scheme it won't be "different" really.

If you'd like to get more into PPC that can sometimes shed more light and maybe be epic worthy, I would check out:

1. Jon Loomer
2. PPC Hero
3. Brad Geddes

Also, Ive never written another BuSo PPC guide beyond the Day 13 thread. Meaning I never wrote anything that was, "hey, the Day 13 - Paid Traffic was written several years ago, here's what changed..." as a guide itself, by itself, from me that I know of that would have been official to BuSo.. so if someone did do that, please let me know so I can rectify that person as it would not have been authorized from my end.

There is the chance maybe I wrote something somewhere else, that I can't remember, in the past. But nothing from BuSo officially and nothing I can point out that was a "guide". Maybe someone else wrote something, trying to ride my coattails or trying to help on their own, but I just want to be transparent that I cant think of anything I wrote past that here for BuSo that was also a guide.

Hope you find it though. If you do, please share it so we can figure out what it was.

Not sure what you mean.

I wrote the Day 13 thread on the Crash Course.

While you may be looking for more material, I think you would hard pressed to really find it. Mainly because everyone writes entry level newbie guides... You know, how to go from nothing to entry level basic PPC guides. But no one writes how to go from entry level to mid level, or mid level to expert level guides. So finding things more epic ( while possible ) is very low chance if I were to be honest.

And that's not me being braggy or big headed. Honestly it is not. I've just been around the block a while and ended up writing that based on what couldn't be found. As if I pretended, "what would I have like to have been told when I started out in PPC?"

Day 13 is both a general and fundamental guide. You have to maybe read it a few times to pick up the fundamentals. Once obtained, I feel you will really have issues finding anything more epic than what I wrote, just bc no one is publishing anything high level/expert level.. its all entry level PPC. If you do find some, it will probably be the same things I wrote, just phrased differently. Those rephrased articles may help you as sometimes you have to read or learn something differently to grasp it, but in the grand scheme it won't be "different" really.

If you'd like to get more into PPC that can sometimes shed more light and maybe be epic worthy, I would check out:

1. Jon Loomer
2. PPC Hero
3. Brad Geddes

Also, Ive never written another BuSo PPC guide beyond the Day 13 thread. Meaning I never wrote anything that was, "hey, the Day 13 - Paid Traffic was written several years ago, here's what changed..." as a guide itself, by itself, from me that I know of that would have been official to BuSo.. so if someone did do that, please let me know so I can rectify that person as it would not have been authorized from my end.

There is the chance maybe I wrote something somewhere else, that I can't remember, in the past. But nothing from BuSo officially and nothing I can point out that was a "guide". Maybe someone else wrote something, trying to ride my coattails or trying to help on their own, but I just want to be transparent that I cant think of anything I wrote past that here for BuSo that was also a guide.

Hope you find it though. If you do, please share it so we can figure out what it was.
Hey, thanks for the follow up.

I get what you mean. I guess I should just get started and the experience will be adding up...

That post was definitely not by you, some other guy followed up and added some more details to your post.

What do you recommend:
1) What kind of FB ads goal is the best for ecomm or sales oriented website?
2) If you were starting ads for an ecomm today, for a very general audience (think about dresses and accessories market for women), would you recommend FB or Google for a newbies? Advertising on both platforms is like chasing two rabbit at the same time.

@SpaceJam

1. Conversions

2. Facebook. If you can make it work at FB, you can for sure make it work at Google. So if you can nail FB you can easily walk over to Google and kill it.

@SpaceJam

1. Conversions

2. Facebook. If you can make it work at FB, you can for sure make it work at Google. So if you can nail FB you can easily walk over to Google and kill it.
One more question: is there a good reason why one should use "conversion" as a goal instead of "traffic"? if it's not related to the FB algo...

Don't you have more control with the "traffic" goal?

One more question: is there a good reason why one should use "conversion" as a goal instead of "traffic"? if it's not related to the FB algo...

Don't you have more control with the "traffic" goal?

If the goal is to get conversions for your e-com store, why would you want any other type of traffic?

"Traffic" goal could be any type of traffic, including bots and fake accounts and spy accounts, and people who love to click on shit and never buy. Why would you pay for that?

@SpaceJam

I've ran campaigns optimizing for "add to carts" and have gotten stuff like 100 add to carts and 0 sales.

Within conversions > go for purchases. All other traffic types will be cheaper, but they won't "convert" to a sale in the end. FB knows very well the users who buy vs who don't on the platform.

I would call modern-day FB media buying about 85% creative and 15% targeting/features/other minutiae. Let FB's vast targeting abilities do the work for you with a broad/open approach. Lookalike audiences are your best friend.

Don't get too stuck in the weeds on the features/audiences/etc. and instead focus on awesome creative that is unique, interesting, polarizing, discussion-worthy to your target demo.

If the goal is to get conversions for your e-com store, why would you want any other type of traffic?

"Traffic" goal could be any type of traffic, including bots and fake accounts and spy accounts, and people who love to click on shit and never buy. Why would you pay for that?
It might be a wrong comparison, but isn't cheap price a good reason? Isn't it like switching on a CPM from CPC pricing because CPM is cheaper and you're just playing a numbers game?

For example, if you get 2% CR from the $1 CPC and switch to the $300 CPM where you have 1% CR, CPM would beat CPC.

As @Zach mentions the main reason seems to be that FB algo knows the audience and optimizes it the way that you get maximum conversations.

@Zach thanks for the useful information.

Back