Looking for ideas

Degree
Hello guys,

I'm currently doing traffic leaking from Facebook groups. The thing is my stats with AdSense are pretty much sh*t. 0.81% CTR and 0.03€ means I need A LOT of traffic to make any decent income.

So I come to BUSO for help. The landing page is a quizz about a famous book (Harry Potter) and it gets shared quite a lot and interaction are great, only problem is AdSense. So, what would you guys do?

I've considered picking up emails and selling products from Aliexpress. Apart from that I have no clue on how to monetize this.

Thanks

I'd pick a new keyword or I'd get more traffic.

I don't think anything Harry Potter is going to have a great CPC (never checked, just my assumption)

No bids = no money for you no matter how great the interaction might be.

hi friend . there is a user on wickedfireforum which is going after harry potter using aliexpress . he is doing a case study since june about his web store . this does not smell like a original idea . you should use original idea to make money .

hi friend . there is a user on wickedfireforum which is going after harry potter using aliexpress . he is doing a case study since june about his web store . this does not smell like a original idea . you should use original idea to make money .
Yes, I read about that user and I loved his journey! This is completely different. I'm doing a quizz on Harry Potter with AdSense. He's doing Instagram & Facebook to resell. I see you joined here just to tell me that, so thanks for making me feel important!

this is very good . being original is big key to success on web . I am into video game niche and I hope to have much success with our web project . this forum will play a nice part in it . i hope the same for you .

For this type of low value traffic and low value niche you'd probably do better to use CPM ad's. At least then you're guaranteed some price floor and you can backfill with another CPM network when the first can't meet your requested CPM. Finally, in the end you can toss in Adsense on level 3 or 4 of your ad stack, because they'll fill 100% of the time but usually with garbage.

Adsense sells bids for clicks, where as CPM networks are selling bids for visibility (huge branding campaigns like billboards). That's where you're going to win with this type of campaign, if at all.

For this type of low value traffic and low value niche you'd probably do better to use CPM ad's. At least then you're guaranteed some price floor and you can backfill with another CPM network when the first can't meet your requested CPM. Finally, in the end you can toss in Adsense on level 3 or 4 of your ad stack, because they'll fill 100% of the time but usually with garbage.

Adsense sells bids for clicks, where as CPM networks are selling bids for visibility (huge branding campaigns like billboards). That's where you're going to win with this type of campaign, if at all.
What CPM networks do you recommend for this low value traffic? Which are more or less easy to join. Thanks for input!

Take a look at the monetization day of the crash course for an overview of the different ways a website can generate revenue: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/day-9-monetization.1278/

Maybe adsense isn't the best opportunity for your traffic due to the source, but there is always an opportunity to generate revenue off users where immediately or in the future if you can get their info.

What CPM networks do you recommend for this low value traffic? Which are more or less easy to join. Thanks for input!

The big networks won't accept you until you have a lot more traffic. For now you can use Infolinks (they accept almost everyone). They don't have CPM banner ads like Ryu mentioned, but they have various other types of CPM ads. You can also try Exoclick and Fidelity Media.

Having said that, it sounds like you're new so I'm assuming your traffic is low. If that's the case you won't make shit with traditional CPM either, especially with FB traffic. If you're main objective is to monetize then go for interruption type ads. There are many types but popunders will give you the best balance of RPM with the least user annoyance. Propeller Media has those and they accept everyone too. But make sure to instruct their support to make the popunder actually pop UNDER, not over. Also, tell them you don't want any malware looking ads to show.

Back