Long article or short articles

Degree
What's the best approach to cover an article?

How to apply brakes is the topic and another topic is how to apply accelator in cars. So, I am planning to write a short form article of around 400-500 words on how to apply brakes and publish another article of same length on how to apply accelator. Or I can add both the topics in one keyword as an FAQ or give them H2 tag.

You should think about the keyword you are trying to rank for with each article. Just write enough to cover the topic AND intent of what the user is searching for. You don't need to go over board and explain what brakes are, which brakes are best, etc.. Just stick to explaining how to apply brakes in different scenarios, etc.. Hope this makes sense

I am not sure what you found via your keyword research but I am assuming that you probably found that each of those keywords has a high search volume. So why bundle them into 1 articles? Write 2 articles. 1 for each keyword and cover the topic and intent.

What's the best approach to cover an article?

How to apply brakes is the topic and another topic is how to apply accelator in cars. So, I am planning to write a short form article of around 400-500 words on how to apply brakes and publish another article of same length on how to apply accelator. Or I can add both the topics in one keyword as an FAQ or give them H2 tag.

I personally will go for the 2nd option make itlonger how to apply brakes and accelerator but in a good way to make both topic related.
It really depends on the topic tho.

I co-sign what @wikibum said. There are two separate user intents. One applies to brakes and one applies to accelerators. Putting them into one article could work, but what will work better is to keep them separate and straight to the point.

User intent and user experience is at the forefront, and you don't need articles to be longer than necessary to directly deal with (and ONLY deal with) the user query. That means no fluff and no tangents. Don't add the history of how brakes developed and all that. Just answer the user's question and be done.

I would rather create 2 articles to target the user intent. Plus create a couple more small articles about clutch and brake. Link all the articles to each other so you cover the topic thoroughly. The topics of your article seem like it can be covered in brief so there is no reason to make it unnecessarily long by including multiple topics in a single article. Thats just my opinion, happy to learn if I am doing something wrong.

I co-sign what @wikibum said. There are two separate user intents. One applies to brakes and one applies to accelerators. Putting them into one article could work, but what will work better is to keep them separate and straight to the point.

User intent and user experience is at the forefront, and you don't need articles to be longer than necessary to directly deal with (and ONLY deal with) the user query. That means no fluff and no tangents. Don't add the history of how brakes developed and all that. Just answer the user's question and be done.
I totally like the idea about keeping it straight to the point, but Shouldn't we check competitors' article lengths for better ranking? I mean if its already working for them (for example they covered it in 1200 words and it's ranking in 1st page of SERP) is it something worth considering?

Both have their own audience. I like writing more shorter ones. 3-5 minute reading time. But google will always prefer long form.

Back