local or niche

Degree
which one is a better option? i feel its easier and faster to rank for a niche and it seems to be a long term strategy, your opinons please.

You should reframe your mindset.

I own multiple brands which are a combination of local and niche. We play the local game for lead generation, and then we use the volume of local directory pages to drive internal links to our niche "best","reviews","top" CPS posts.

If you do not think you can do both on a single site, you are severely limiting your income potential.

I think your market selection is a more important point than thinking niche/local ( as Flex explained ). Once you find a market with interest from B2B and/or B2C you will be able to build from there and realize the dozens opportunities you weren't aware existed to extend your websites.

All dogs are animals. Not all animals are dogs.

If you want super fast rankings, choose a micro-niche and rank for it locally in a small town. You won't have enough volume to make any worthwhile cash though.
726 x 138

You should reframe your mindset.

I own multiple brands which are a combination of local and niche. We play the local game for lead generation, and then we use the volume of local directory pages to drive internal links to our niche "best","reviews","top" CPS posts.

If you do not think you can do both on a single site, you are severely limiting your income potential.
Exactly^^^ If you have a local site that site has to have a niche. Much harder to rank nationally these days for lead generation so expect to spend alot of $ and time before seeing any results.

Back