Linking from english sites to non-english ones

Degree
So lets say I have a .fr domain and want to rank for some keywords in french. Getting links here seems hard as everyone wants 200-300€ minimum for a guest post/insert.

Now I found some english outreach services that offer 5xDA50+ outreach posts for €600, which is much cheaper than if I would pay 300€ per link every time with manual outreach.

Is there a problem with using english sites and anchor text in my language on my best earning pages on my site? Chances of Penalty?

So on PBNs I used to see this a lot and I personally stopped allowing it for orders, namely because there are direct patents related to language shifts and spam.

Code:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US9465789B1/en

That patent above specifically describes character transitions and the potential for spam. Their example is "cheap prescription drugs" - which is notoriously spammy.

I also still think the link type matters. PBNs definitely look way more obvious but if you're getting proper outreach done and your anchors aren't overtly aggressive (ie. you're using your brand) then I'm assuming it could make sense.

However, if you're talking something like:

"Binoculars are a borderline necessity when watching des oiseaux"

Birds being the translated word (I'm not French) and your anchor; The above just look awful in a sentence and I'd feel bad for the webmaster who agreed to place your link.

I would get links from french language websites even it would cost more because the benefit is higher.

If you are getting non brand keyword anchors from an english website to your french website. They need to make a lot of sense, since the webmaster will literally be sending English speakers to a French website with most users not knowing how to read that language. This means his score will get dinged and the users that come to your site will probably leave in less than 2 seconds.

Good thing is the keyword makes sense both in french and english, i know sounds weird but the keyword is basically both in same language. so i think I can go with that anchor on those english sites, as im on a budget and its much cheaper.

As long as it's natural it's okay. There are many sites from foreign languages that link to English sites and the opposite, especially when it comes to news sites. They quote sources, add links to movie and video sites etc..

In terms of links, relevancy and authority are key attributes. Ideally French based links would be best if your target audience / site etc is French, aimed at that particular audience. However in saying that, i have seen sites that have used links from different countries and they have done very well in search. My only question would be whether they would be affected by any G updates going forward.

Back