Leverage Another Audience - TheKanyeStory

Jord

JD
Degree
Using another audience as leverage when starting your new venture is a great way to to turbo charge your launch. Take a look at the site below someones story of how they did just so, some of the issues both from a programming and marketing perspective he faced on launch.

https://thekanyestory.com/

Not so sure leverage a copyright audience is too ideal but in this case he wanted to get Kanye's attention and he did in the end.

It's an interesting article that's very well written and designed. Built to be shareable, with its own domain and all. And it gets my gears turning for those creative marketing opportunities.

He doesn't say how the story ended, but it seems like the project failed in the end. The yeezy.dating page is offline now and their instagram links to Bound2, which is a dating app for hip hop fans.

Maybe he managed to sell off his audience as an email list, but he doesn't mention anything about that in the post. Which makes me assume that he didn't get much for it.

And even though his Yeezy project failed, thekanyestory.com is a success. He's getting tons of targeted emails from that article and link juice to his main site. Where he has affiliate links promoting email marketing software.

I will definitely see all those ridiculous projects that my mind comes up with in a new light after reading this.

Yes it was the success around the kanye story that got me. First heard about it on a podcast I listen to Syntax fm for developers so his story is getting around.

I actually think Yeezy Dating app was invested in / taken over by a tech venture capitalist in London called ourselv.es and they rebuilt the app and re branded it to bound 2 aiming at the hip hop fan base. Not sure if this Harry fella is still involved tho.

Back