Lets talk watches

I just picked up a Rado LeSoir, I think it's pretty nice, matches my skin tone:

Tw8eF7H.jpg

(it's a joke)

Does anyone else here have an Apple Watch?
I recently got one and it has some decent functionality to it. Although for the cost I would have hoped it would do more.
Honestly, the thing I like the most about it is that it can unlock my Macbook without me needing to enter my password.

@Tiberian

I have the 3rd generation one with cell connectivity. I used to have one without the cell connectivity and that makes a big difference for usefulness imo, even though I try to keep it on airplane mode as much as possible.

Going for a walk or to the gym and connecting it to bluetooth headphones with spotify or audiobooks and not taking my phone with me at all is nice. I mostly wanted it for fitness tracking (it was about the same price as the fitbit watch at the time).

The silly rings have manipulated my brain into making sure I'm not sitting for too long at a time and that I'm exercising daily, I've got a good streak going so that's my favourite part of the watch.

I also use it for tracking pomodoros sometimes, and controlling lights when I'm feeling like a fancy boi "Hey Siri, make my office lights blue."

What sort of functions were you hoping to get from it that it's lacking?

PS @Ryuzaki - Hey I'll have to dig out my Genesis, we can play Sonic & Knu... on second thought, you better take 1st controller.

Last edited:
I used to have one without the cell connectivity

What does that cost these days for something with such a small bandwidth domain like a watch?

I'd get a smart watch, I'd get smart everything to be honest, but I absolute detest and fear, how I'm probably already fully mapped and identified in various online algorithms. I really don't want Google or Facebook to know when I turn my lights on and off.

I wish that government would just go ahead and make these companies stop tracking shit like this, so we could get a real smart world. As it is now, I do not want to contribute to the Chinesefication of the West.

I'd get a smart watch, I'd get smart everything to be honest, but I absolute detest and fear, how I'm probably already fully mapped and identified in various online algorithms. I really don't want Google or Facebook to know when I turn my lights on and off.

I wish that government would just go ahead and make these companies stop tracking shit like this, so we could get a real smart world. As it is now, I do not want to contribute to the Chinesefication of the West.

How can they continuously improve their product offerings if people don't allow them to track shit?

I also use it for tracking pomodoros sometimes, and controlling lights when I'm feeling like a fancy boi "Hey Siri, make my office lights blue."

What sort of functions were you hoping to get from it that it's lacking?

I think that's a big part of it. I don't have an Alexa or any other tech products that would play well with it. Most of my friends do also have other things they can do (like turn on their Tesla). So, in that sense, it's on me.

vCs6od4.jpg

Just got this bad boy in the mail. It's $45 on Amazon. Casio usually makes digital watches. This is their diver. It also happens to be the same watch Bill Gates wears. It feels cheap. The hands are non-hacking and you have to spin the hour hand a full 24 hours to change the date but, hey, I own something that Bill Gates owns. Pretty cool!

Back