Learn running Fb, Reddit, Linkedin, Google Ads on a subdomain a good idea or not?

Degree
I have a new website with the following stats
  • Adsense Approved
  • Traffic: highest 700 new users last month
  • Niche: Highly competitive
  • Content: mostly outsourced and a few written by me which are performing better
  • Earning: $2 till now
  • posts type: only informational no affiliate type
Now I am an in-house digital marketer at an IT firm. For the next job, I want to learn the basics of

Facebook Ads: Run ads on my website's brand page to increase likes
Linkedin Ads: Run ads on my website's brand page to increase followers

Reddit Ads: Just run ads and draw traffic to a few stats posts to gain backlinks

Google Display Ads: For this, I am thinking that my domain is www.example.com and I am planning to run ads on a subdomain shop.example.com. I am doing this because I don't want to impact my main domain in any negative way. I plan to add ecommerce products of other brands (affiliate) and then track my conversions.

My budget is very small and I know this wouldn't give me conversions but I just want to be familiar with the whole process of setting up ads and running them. Also, I am going to document the whole steps for future reference. This would also help me answer interview questions about running paid campaigns.

So, is the idea of a subdomain shop.example.com is a good idea or not? (I am thinking of UX/UI of thisiswhyiambroke.com on a very micro scale.)

In the future when I have money I plan to launch an ecommerce store with my own products in this niche.

I hope I could explain my problem in simple words and if you need any more info to provide advice please let me know.

If you're gonna run paid make sure you have a plan to convert and keep the traffic.
Otherwise you're just pissing your money away for the sake of it.
You don't need a product, but you do need a sticky brand and plan for future contact.
Audience building happens because you have a good plan, and a target demographic you can afford to target. The channels you mentioned are all rather premium so you're probably going to want to go for a direct sale in addition to getting them opted into future communication from you.

For this, I am thinking that my domain is www.example.com and I am planning to run ads on a subdomain shop.example.com. I am doing this because I don't want to impact my main domain in any negative way.
What negative impact are you expecting? If you're crafting custom landing pages, you'll want to exclude Adsense on those anyways since that won't be a part of your conversion funnel. I may not be seeing the bigger picture here, but I don't understand what consequences there are beyond risking a "paid traffic" flag or getting "smart priced" on Adsense, which shouldn't be involved anyways..

I was worried about traffic affecting adsense even after excluding those landing pages. Another idea we had in is that we were thinking of keeping our main website in wordpress and ecommerce store on Shopify on a subdomain as my previous experience with woocommerce wasn't so good.

I am running ads on affiliate products because I just want to learn setting and running up ads. I know even if we manage to convert the returns will not be equivalent to money spent.

Another idea is to run ads to drive users to fill a survey on our website. And if enough data is collected we can use it build a blog post and then get backlinks from that.

How about you don’t waste your float for exp on purpose? If you’re not getting your bank back and recirculating it you’re just shooting yourself in the foot.

Theoretically you can do network arbitrage with ad cents. You’re gonna need, skill, luck and a good niche to make that happen.

If you want to make paid work you really should be looking for an exclusive partnership deal or hustling your own offer. Traffic buying requires high value capture to work out.

Back