Laptop recs

Syrinj

BuSo Pro
Degree
Sick of browsing reviews on IM sites, so just gonna ask here for non-affiliate link-influenced reviews. I'm scooping a laptop and am leaning toward the MSI GE75 because I want something powerful enough to fuck with tracker data while doing heavy image editing in Adobe and front-end coding (possibly a little backend if it comes down to it), but also stays cool. I've also read that MSI's customer service is l33t, bro (showing my age). But I also read a lot about people sending their shit back and forth for repairs and I want as little of that lameness as possible.

I do not care about size/weight at all, and do not play any kind of videogames ever. I care about longevity/reliability, cooling, performance, and battery life in that order.

Any other brand/model recommendations that y'all swear by? Right now I work with some old HP XYZ-something-or-other for ~$600 from like 3-4 years ago, it's super slow but gets simple jobs done.

On laptop stuff I like Dave Lee on YouTube

Check this out, it might fit

At the moment I'm in Steve's walled garden, but if i ever where to leave Eden I'd probably had a long and hard look at the Lenovo line-up. Had one before my convertion and the thing just kept on going and didn't seem to mind hard work and physical abuse. Things may have gone downhill, don't really know. That brings us right to the question why I bothered adding my reply here, then. Guess that's a whole other topic...

System76 is pretty cool if you don't mind dual booting https://system76.com/laptops/
This one is interesting. Never considered Linux before but that actually seems like another option I should consider. I've always been a Windows guy. I do not have a strong background in coding apps or using consoles, just some front-end HTML/CSS and mild JS. Everything else has had a GUI. Maybe that's something I should change since I am trying to get familiar with AWS and other cloud back-ends for paid traffic affiliate marketing?

This one is interesting. Never considered Linux before but that actually seems like another option I should consider. I've always been a Windows guy. I do not have a strong background in coding apps or using consoles, just some front-end HTML/CSS and mild JS. Everything else has had a GUI. Maybe that's something I should change since I am trying to get familiar with AWS and other cloud back-ends for paid traffic affiliate marketing?
I'd say try it out the download the OS and try it out in a virtual machine first: https://pop.system76.com/ because it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

You can also use WSL on Windows:

Only reason I'd use Linux is because it has better performance, otherwise Windows is easier and what I prefer to use

Last edited:
Back