Laptop died and replaced it with a desktop

Degree
Decided to use a 42 inch OLED TV instead of a monitor and while it was a bit pricey, I cannot see myself ever going back other than maybe adding a 27inch at some point for email or other static windows.

From turning on the computer to the login screen of Windows 11 is now under 2 seconds. PC hardware has definitely come a long way since I last went shopping.

I no longer have a notebook but will purchase one the next time I go travelling but the days of using only a notebook are well and truly over.

I've been a desktop chad for a long time. At one point, I decided I wanted a Macbook Air so I could go work at coffee shops and during vacations and all that. I went through the effort of setting up my dozen email addresses on it, installed all my apps, etc. Then I set it aside for a future Panera Bread and a delicious broccoli and cheese bread bowl meal and endless coffee.

In that time, I never went to the coffee shop nor went on vacation, and couldn't stand working on a 15 inch screen because my desktop had three 24" screens and later a giant 48" (or some size) ultrawide monitor.

Ultimately, after like 10 years, I let my brother-in-law borrow the laptop that I never used, and he dropped in on the 2nd day. The wifi card in it (or whatever they do these days, it's probably on the motherboard now) stopped working due to the fall. So now I have a chunked up Macbook Air with no wifi that I paid $1500 for and quite literally never used.

This post was made by Desktop 4 Lyfe Gang.

for 25+ years, I was pretty much desktop gang.

Windows on desktop, Windows on laptop. Used the laptop maybe 10% of the time and it was only during vacations or when in bed. But the desktop was 90%

I started going MacBook Pro in 2008-ish with the metal 17-inch, but failed out of it. Still used my Windows desktop 90% of the time and now the MacBook 10%.

2022, I've gone full 100% MacBook Pro and iPhone with the smaller MacBook M1 that had came out. I also have a 14-inch Asus Windows laptop I use on vacations or in bed.

I treat my MacBook like a desktop. It sits on my desk perm. on a stand and a CalDigit hub that connects to a larger TV screen and a sep. keyboard and mouse. It never leaves the desk.

If I have to go somewhere, I just take the other Windows laptop I have. It's also small at 14-inch and can go anywhere and can handle anything I need while away. If I need to badly, I can remote into the MacBook back home with it.

I can't see myself going back to Desktop honestly, even if Mac.

I have a bad neck so I work only on laptop, because I can lie down and work on the couch.

I've often bought screens to work on, but the lack of flexibility in working position doesn't make up for the bigger screen.

I don't really miss the larger screen, I find my Macbook to be pretty easy to navigate with Alt-Tab etc or using different browsers for different tasks and so on.

Back