Keeping Track of Traffic Leaking Efforts

Degree
I am getting serious about Traffic leaking and backlink building, but how do I track and measure the success of my efforts? My best idea is to create a spreadsheet with the domain and date that I posted (in the case of niche forums), but is there a more intelligent and automated way to track and follow my efforts? If I am on the right track with spreadsheets, what headings should I be monitoring aside from just the domain and date that I started leaking? What are some KPIs I should be measuring and how do you all measure those for yourselves? Thanks, community!

I think you're right on with spreadsheet tracking. Just get it set up quick and dirty like and then grow it as you need it. There will alway be time for over analyzing later.

I agree. This is one thing to not over think. I'd decide categorize my Leak Targets based on mass volume of traffic with low interest, and low volume with high interest. Then I'd assign my Link Targets one or the other, or even begin creating them with mass appeal or niche appeal in mind (I do this and it works well).

It largely depends on your goal, which would be making money, getting social shares and links, or raising brand awareness. If it's making money then the question becomes "what is my monetization strategy?" If it's CPM ads then go for mass volume of traffic. If it's sales of any kind then you'll want targeted traffic. If it's something like Amazon though, both can work.

The thing is, even if your goal is to get links, you're getting a link with each attempt at a leak. That is valuable in itself. Otherwise, I feel like there are too many variables to track any specific KPI's. If you start to control variables or your side it becomes a copy & paste game and that means you aren't pivoting your approach based on platform and demographic.

CCarter suggests a leak calendar, and I think he's right. That's about all you need: rotation. You need to be engaging the platform regularly and dropping a leak attempt at some ratio of real-to-leak so you aren't a spammer. If your leaks are valuable to the user base and you have some tact then the mods won't care. At the end of the day, you're boosting your organic search power while driving interested traffic based on the monetization method of the leak target. At that point the only volume that matters is your efforts. If your calendar is rotating at the right rate you won't run out of targets.

Thanks as always @Ryuzaki ...im following your advice and setting up a quarterly calendar this afternoon!

Back