Jan 1st Is Gone - Where are you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants everyone to have a nice day so let's get back on topic..

Indeed.

Contrary to what some might think, there is an absolute correlation to hard work and end results. Although not linear. Many people think there's some equation of specific inputs creating specific outputs, but it's only when a measured result has proven time and time again. Even this could be acute, and requires changes.

Ask anyone who's lost substantial weight. If you hit the scale at the exact same time every single day, you're not going to lose exactly the same amount of weight, yet eventually, you'll get to your goal if you're consistent and persistent. There'll be a plateau here and there, maybe even a bad week where you make mistakes and gain some weight back. But keep pushing, measure your results, and track everything. Fix what's needed. Keep going.

It's a process.

Like any process, a person who implements more than the next, can expect better results in the long run. Better execution, relationships, and other factors can, of course, expedite this and magnify it. Not everyone got to the top the same way, but they did take action. Over and over and over again.

All this arguing is pointless because you all have different goals. CCarter wants to be at the top of the food chain, Kevin wants to run a lifestyle business, and others want to spend their time on the internet ranting about how the illuminati keeps them down.

All this arguing is pointless because you all have different goals. CCarter wants to be at the top of the food chain, Kevin wants to run a lifestyle business, and others want to spend their time on the internet ranting about how the illuminati keeps them down.

Yup. Although I think Carter was trying to inspire those who have dreams of being billionaires. Don't want to dissuade those who have that potential and vision.

Personally, I would never want what Musk has. He's a billionaire working 18/hr days in his 40s. He's committed to a vision for sure, so I doubt the money means that much to him. That's great - we need people like Elon to push innovation forward in stagnant markets.

But I'm not built like that, nor do I want to be. I'd rather work hard now, built assets, and cash out later so I can enjoy the elements of life that have nothing to do with wealth accumulation. Money is a means to freedom for me, not an end. My identity and self-worth aren't contingent upon numbers in accounts. But they are contingent on the amount of freedom and options I have.

I think many people could become billionaires if they really wanted that. But is it worth the sacrifice? It's not for me.

When I'm in my 40s, I'd be happy with a few Ms in the bank, and relatively few business obligations that keep me from my other interests.

Last edited:
My method is much the same. Dec 15-Jan 15 is spent reading, day dreaming, and reviewing my personal rituals and methods. I check for areas where I am bullshitting myself and correct. Also gives my brain a break. I continue with current plans but avoid taking on brand new ground level projects. There are two times a year that I historically make poor decisions and this time frame is one.

When looking for a partner I look for a grinder. I can correct for misguided focus and inefficiencies. I have never been able to correct for employee minded work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back