Status
Not open for further replies.

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Jan 1st - New Years came and went. Tons of people jerked themselves off thinking this year will be the year they change, and want to win. The problem is they don't understand that an arbitrary date isn't going to "change" anything. There is no difference with the Dec 31st you versus the Jan 1st you - except for a bit more of age in hours - that's using extreme realism to see the world.

So what I do is always take the first half of the month off, to get out of the way of the circle-jerkers, I don't bother answering any requests or making any business arrangements, I just concentrate on what drives revenue for me, and take off for a "mini-vacation" from the world. By the 15th of Jan, 95% of those circle-jerks are done with their resolution and have given up on changing, and set back in their ways. That's when I act, since they'll be out of my way, the people that want it truly don't wait for a date to change, they change immediately, since you have to create habits and rituals to get over your obstacles.

Let's put it more clearly - If I want to win, I need to work harder then my competition. If I'm entering a new niche, not only do I have to work harder just to catch up, I have to continue working harder so by the time the competition notices me, I'll be out of their reach since they'll be stuck in their ways of a 40 hours work week.

I want you to think about this - If a competitor of your is sitting there working 18+ hours a day, 7 days a week, and you are there barely working 8 hours a day - and only 5 days a week, How can you possibly compete or beat them? "Work smarter" you say? Possibly, but unless you've got some super top secret methodology, if they are like me, I look at what my competition is doing DAILY. As soon as I wake up I pull google alerts and look up what my competition has done in terms of changes - EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I plan my day out according to the actions I want to accomplish created from yesterday, and go in. If you've got someone like me, @Satvrn, or @Calamari working in your niche 18+ hours a day, and grinding, you're in some fucking trouble, cause eventually we'll hit gold and drain all your lands, we may not know what the fuck we are doing, but with enough time, grind, research, and drilling, you'll find yourself on the losing end of your niche, even if it takes a year to catch up, if you aren't moving forward like the grinders of the world are, putting your all into something, then eventually when a grinder gets wind of your niche, you're done.

How can you combat this? Fucking grind, and keep grinding. But you have to first ask yourself whether you really want to win in whatever endeavor you are doing?

Relevant:
"I Knew Kobe Bryant Was Dedicated, But This Is Amazing.":
http://www.tickld.com/x/i-knew-kobe-bryant-was-dedicated-but-this

Elon Musk - Work twice as hard as others:

So the question comes down to - Do you want to win? Cause the road ahead is going to be torturous...

"But you have to first ask yourself whether you really want to win in whatever endeavor you are doing?"

Relevant book for this: The Dip by Seth Godin

I do wanna say for the type of work that we do you don't necessarily have to work harder in terms of hours...you can definitely have better systems than them with more scalable or effective (or both) processes and you can rape them in no time at all :tongue:

I do wanna say for the type of work that we do you don't necessarily have to work harder in terms of hours...you can definitely have better systems than them with more scalable or effective (or both) processes and you can rape them in no time at all :tongue:

But if you have spare hours, get to work on the next project :D

How far have you gotten with that thinking? You are pretty much saying that you have a better philosophy then Elon Musk - Founder of Paypal, SpaceX, and Telsa? You sure about that?

Also - you are pretty much saying that everyone that's achieved their success online - "could just scale" and not have to work hard? Do you know how hard it is to scale properly? I think Elon might know a thing or two about scaling online, Paypal. Mark Zuckerberg spent hours with his team coding Facebook in the early days to get it to where its' at, anyone that has succeeded online or offline has put in serious hours.

When you make comments like that, you are throwing generalization that in the end are only attempts to re-enforce your own current habits. Have those habits led you to be in a better position then Elon Musk? Anyone reading this should probably go with the people that work hard versus having a "just scale it" mentality.

Just offering some additional analysis. Work hard is the prerequisite. But Musk is working at a level of efficiency most of us aren't even close to touching, both organizationally and personally. That's what I was stressing in that post. Spend the extra 40 hours on process, not raw output and you'll get a lot more value out of them than if you just 'grinded away'. I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't know, being a coder.

Also, no matter how good habits are, the world has a carrying capacity for Musk-esque human beings. He's tackling huge markets and has achieved top position in nearly all of them - that's rare. I'm not saying that we can't do the same in our niches, but let's face it - all of our niches are smaller than space travel, solar power, and electric cars.

So to say that emulating Musk's habits will lead you to being in a position similar to Musk, I agree...but not in his markets, so by nature you're not and never will be in his position. Unless you decide to overthrow the king and tackle them, or enter a market similarly large with an idea that provides similar value as him.

As far as my current habits, I revise, discard, or optimize them on an almost daily basis - as soon as I have the data to prove that changing them will lead to better results, that's what happens.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that we can't do the same in our niches, but let's face it - all of our niches are smaller than space travel, solar power, and electric cars.

So to say that emulating Musk's habits will lead you to being in a position similar to Musk, I agree...but not in his markets, so by nature you're not and never will be in his position.

You do not know what business I'm in, so it's pretty difficult to make that generalization, unless you think everyone is really creating CPA affiliate offer sites with their skills. If nearly 70% of my revenue comes from offline ventures - "WE" aren't in the same niche. Musk's first venture wasn't Paypal and nor was a billion dollar hit out of the gate. If you aim for peanuts, you'll get just that. The goals you set for yourself and how high you want to rise are a direct reflection on your view of your self worth. I guess some people just want to build Made for Adsense sites for the rest of their lives - those aren't the people I'm talking to... EVER.

Never said I thought everyone was creating CPA affiliate offer skites, but I think it's safe to say any niche anyone on this forum is in is smaller than the smallest of Musk's verticals, since SolarCity has a cap of 4.6bn.

Musk's first venture was a video game called Blastar he sold when he was 12 or something like that for $500, I'm well aware PayPal wasn't his first venture.

If you aim for peanuts, you'll get just that. The goals you set for yourself and how high you want to rise are a direct reflection on your view of your self worth

Totally agree with this.

I guess some people just want to build Made for Adsense sites for the rest of their lives - those aren't the people I'm talking to... EVER.

Me either.

but I think it's safe to say any niche anyone on this forum is in is smaller than the smallest of Musk's verticals, since SolarCity has a cap of 4.6bn.

Wrong. You unfortunately think that people are in markets with low market caps. Even the traditional CPA weight loss niche is valued at $66 Billion, just in the USA. Your error is you believe that Elon Musk is "special" or these other people are "different" from you, due to that mentality you are correct, you will NEVER get to his level.

I do wanna say for the type of work that we do you don't necessarily have to work harder in terms of hours.

^^ that quote and that smilie at the end are the reason you'll never be at his level.

Elon Musk tells you to work harder then the competition, you came in with a smart-ass remark like I wouldn't notice. All the people that have "succeeded" or are "out of your reach", are out of your reach because of one simple thing - they work harder. Maybe you should set higher standards and output more hard work - period - instead of coming up with slick comments and erroneous "data" to re-validate your own conclusion that "these people are simply out of my reach for me - therefore they are out of the reach for everyone reading this as well."

Not really sure why you're attacking so hard. Regardless, thanks for the information that I already knew.

I already said that working hard is the prerequisite - it's not some massive breakthrough that "Elon the God" has come up with (I love the guy too, don't get me wrong). You can go back thousands of years and see winner after winner touting the value of consistent hard work at a high volume.

We agree on basically everything, I don't understand the constant attacks. Thanks for the discussion.

I don't understand the constant attacks.

pva2TwV.gif

you don't necessarily have to work harder in terms of hours

^^ That comment is dangerous, cause I see you struggling with a $1K a month case study, and then see you making a comment that working hard might not be necessary. If I see you making a comment that's going to screw someone else's thought pattern on how to succeed that is incorrect or an attempt at being a smart-ass I'm going to highlight it cause it needs to be noted. If you want to pretend that was not your initial intention that's on you, but trust me I've seen tons of weak ass work ethics that all fall under the same umbrella, laziness and excuses. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I'd never let a comment like that slide.

Hard work = success, whether you want to work hard or not, that's on you... But don't say or tell anyone that they can't nor will ever be at Elon Musk or someone else's level - that's the "why bother?" mentality, and that sickens me. Words are powerful, and you telling people that they don't have to "necessarily work hard" can fuck up someone else's mental process therefore derailing them. Maybe someone told you that you don't have to work hard to make it, and you are reinforcing that wrong mentality - maybe that's why you are where you are at in life... Either way, change your way of thinking, or simply don't comment when someone is trying to showcase what is possible.

working 18+ hours a day, 7 days a week

you can definitely have better systems than them with more scalable or effective (or both) processes

you are throwing generalization that in the end are only attempts to re-enforce your own current habits

Spend the extra 40 hours on process

The goals you set for yourself and how high you want to rise are a direct reflection on your view of your self worth

Combine all of the above while working at the right things, and there's no reason to not become a multi-millionaire. Great conversation, guys. (Loving the new selective quoting!)

cause I see you struggling with a $1K a month case study

I spend time on the 1k case study when I'm not doing the following:
  • Working closely with a 3-Time NYT bestselling author on a new company that's done mid six figure revenue since inception 6 months ago (my main focus).
  • Working out
  • Playing music
  • Meditating
  • Reading
  • Developing all of the soft-skills that make what I consider to be a quality human being
It's a case study because I simply have higher leverage opportunities in front of me, not because I have some imagined faulty belief structures that you've spotted.

I'm not some god-tier human being, but neither am I what you've put on me, either.

Iceberg.jpg

I spend time on the 1k case study when I'm not doing the following:
  • Working closely with a 3-Time NYT bestselling author on a new company that's done mid six figure revenue since inception 6 months ago (my main focus).
  • Working out
  • Playing music
  • Meditating
  • Reading
  • Developing all of the soft-skills that make what I consider to be a quality human being
It's a case study because I simply have higher leverage opportunities in front of me, not because I have some imagined faulty belief structures that you've spotted.

I'm not some god-tier human being, but neither am I what you've put on me, either.

If you make a comment that will screw someone else's thought process up - you will get called out. It's what I do. You should make your comments more carefully.

I guess it make sense to make "mid-six figure in 6 months" then turn around and have a side project that is doing CPA sales for Amazon, Adsense, and Clickbank - cause that makes sense... That's a great story that you have constructed there about your life and I hope you believe it, but like you stated - your road will never take you to Elon Musk levels - and that's the life you have chosen. I'm talking to the people that are on or want to take that road...

Who knows, maybe you just caught me in a bad mood and your comment about not working hard hit the wrong spot - it is what it is.

@CCarter
wow1.gif

I have to defend Kevin here. You are attacking out of nowhere and for no real reason.
What's up?

If you make a comment that will screw someone else's thought process up - you will get called out. It's what I do. You should make your comments more carefully.

I think this applies to you as well.
And being the guardian of people's thought processes? Talk about a high horse.

::emp::
(Grumbles and gets more coffee.)

@CCarter
wow1.gif

I have to defend Kevin here. You are attacking out of nowhere and for no real reason.
What's up?

I think this applies to you as well.
And being the guardian of people's thought processes? Talk about a high horse.

::emp::
(Grumbles and gets more coffee.)

Kevin made a smartass comment about not hard work not being "necessary", then threw a smilie like i was going to let that slide - either people grind and go big, or they go home crying "those people are just better then me". If some makes a comment trying to be funny or slick in a thread I take my time to push out, guess what, they'll get attacked. I'm not here for my health - people wanted in on the bootcamp, most didn't make it, but the ones that did, we've got slackers in the group. My time is more valuable then wasting it with people that do not want to grind. When you enter a bootcamp, you come here to do serious work, not fuck around for months without getting assignments done therefore wasting everyone else's time. And that's exactly what I was address, a final call, cause motherfuckers are about to get axed if they can't read between the lines. I am thinking of all the people who wanted in, that didn't make it, but actually has more of a desire to win... Yeah, so I am pissed.

Maybe Kevin made the wrong comment at the wrong time... Oh well.

I am thinking of all the people who wanted in, that didn't make it, but actually has more of a desire to win...

I didn't apply, there's a simple reason why and it may cast some light on this predicament. @CCarter

As much as I would have LOVED to have been part of the CC9 - at the time my 'projects' really didn't matter to me. I know that sounds stupid, but these were projects I was doing on the basis of them being a 'good idea'.

Is it ever a good idea if you're not 100% invested in it mentally? No of course not... I learned that at the cost of wasted time and earnings by not focusing on one thing I do care about.

I suspect this is the issue here with those who aren't putting in what's necessary in your opinion Carter.

I could have applied and bullshitted about my passion for any one of my projects, which all had potential at face value. I didn't though because even then I knew something wasn't right and that I wasn't in the right place to put in 100%. I just hadn't figured out why at the time...

Why would someone apply if they weren't fully committed, but actually knew it? Uhm because dude this is the CC9 and they know they'd get some of your next level scoops of knowledge sundae.

Basically their interest for being part of the CC9 outweighed their interest for the individual projects.

Just my honest opinion...

I don't like to comment on people anymore, but in reality who talks about how others are great he will not reach greatness.
Despite what CCarter said about Facebook and Paypal, he don't know the real back story!
To be a big ass in any place on this planet, you need these stuff forgot about hard work.

-Media ( Big Brothers media support for one or two years non-stop)
-Gov's interest ( you make them money or give them intelligence)
-Banks (Deep pocket investors aka lone sharks aka big fishes)
-Backstage rulers ( The people you can't say their names and they don't appear on Tv)
-Support the higher race (I'm not talking about Nazi, I'm talking about you know ?)

If you have those I guess you don't need to sit 18 hours a day to work on something you know that a simple CNN week of propaganda could make you famous, than working five or ten years to reach just a small amount of fame !

Do you thing zuck own those billions ?
Do you think Paypal don't smuggle and do money laundering you're wrong !

I will look like I'm talking too much conspiracy theories, you can think so and even dream that you can do something big without those people getting into your business you're wrongly educated.

I don't like to comment on anything here but sometimes you most say some stuff you don't need to say, I will accept any negative argument except insulting words or opinions, you can freely contradict all of what I've said, with a respectful reply.

Also a side note Seth Gobin go to far to the side of proclaimed Guru's, wish makes his stuff lose weight, Byron Sharpe is more of a realistic man than just mix BS with marketing strategies, this is my opinion and I hold on it.

(All respect to CCarter and his efforts to evolving this community through the next step)

Just reading this https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/stop-fucking-around.525/
Elon Musk is backed by the same stuff I mentioned above!

"Musk joined The Giving Pledge in April 2012, offering an ethical commitment to donate the majority of his fortune to philanthropic causes.[72] Musk became a member of the campaign first popularised by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates with a class of 12 of America's wealthiest families and individuals"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

I don't like to use Wiki as a referring source but here is the source used in that quote :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakroll/2012/04/19/the-giving-pledge-signs-on-12-more-wealthy-americans-including-teslas-elon-musk-and-home-depots-arthur-blank/

By the way anglophone people know well the difference between rich and wealth. They said wealthiest (more than wealthy aka the cream of wealthiness aka top 12).

Last edited:
There is a reason the 1% are 1%, cause the 99% don't work as hard. The 99% would rather party every weekend and wasting time reading Tony Robins books about motivation, and come up with conspiracy theories on why they simply cannot succeed, "everyone at the top is working against them specifically" - instead of just doing one this - Grinding. Failure rate is high within the 99% cause of that one thing - lack of action. Everything else is just excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a reason the 1% are 1%, cause the 99% don't work as hard. The 99% would rather party every weekend and wasting time reading Tony Robins books about motivation, and come up with conspiracy theories on why they simply cannot succeed, "everyone at the top is working against them specifically" - instead of just doing one this - Grinding. Failure rate is high within the 99% cause of that one thing - lack of action. Everything else is just excuses.

I agree that you need to work as hard as you can, but explain for me why big projects get destroyed and dump off even if that person is a hard worker than you can imaging ?

Tesla as used in that project to demonstrate that he is a genius and a symbol for free energy why his work get destroyed by people who want to make money from electricity instead of leaving Tesla continue his project for free energy or they call it unlimited energy!

They want you to think that only 1% who can have what other 99% don't want, did you ask the 99% if they want that or not, millions of projects each year destroyed because of political or race or religion conflict that can't reach the surface from people who work every day of their lives!

I can't deny that hard work is the key, but if you want to be like Zuck, Bill Gates and others, you need to deal with others above or you will not see the light of tomorrow !

In conclusion, If you want to bypass the range of 1Billion in revenue you need to face those above, you're obligated to deal with them, to maintain your company or project or whatever you've got, they wouldn't tolerate your acts if you don't bow to their rules!

Other than that, your success is your maintained progress and hard working from nothing to something, but no need to compare yourself or use other big ass companies to your success, you want to do something be the leader or yourself.

I don't like to mention books but what CCarter said is found in :
The seven habits of highly effective people

Additional book is "The lean startup" which gives another concept and guidance for new and intermediate entrepreneurs.

Both of these books are based on the concept of uniqueness and hardworking, there is no short cuts but hardworking and self leadership, and forgot about all blogs, forums and chats about new strategies, techniques and such stuff. Learn to do something if you don't know how to bypass an obstacle learn what you "need" and continue without reading or knowing side stories of any kind of topic.

Essential knowledge + action + self acknowledging and leadership + hard work = success.

Whatever I've said about the big 1% if you find 1 Million or ten Million of revenue each year enough that's a success business, if you think beyond your nose, you can advance more you still a success story, if you want Billions you can't do that without the need of big fishes of this planet.

I wish success to all of you :smile:

@MoneyStalker - that's life, people will come after you if you go against the grain - you just have to work harder. Look at this thread - I've got people arguing that you "don't necessarily have to work hard", while they are struggling to make $1K a month from one site - then claiming they are making $500K in 6 months doing something else, but want to focus on CPA offers from CLICKBANK. If anyone can't see something is off there... It's their lie, they can tell it if they want, but I'm not going to let that slide for a second. I've got people literally arguing with me about not working hard to make it. Do you not see a fundamental problem with that argument? Maybe the argument they are trying to convey IS the reason they are not going to "make it" at whatever their "big" goals in life are.

Their minds have been so warped that they are trying to re-instate their beliefs which were imprinted on them from childhood that there are just "other people" that make it, while you, well "you can do alright". That's not something you laugh at - it's pretty sad that's what they've been taught to believe their whole lives.

Good luck with that conspiracy stuff - I'm pretty sure not only is Tesla fighting with "old institutions" - they are still gaining ground, cause again, hard work and sheer determination. You are the only obstacle in your way, if you can't achieve billions like Elon cause you have that weak mentality, then that's exactly what's going to happen.

And I want this to be VERY clear - I'm glad I'm hurting people's feelings.

You can hate me, and pretend to the world about why you are failing, but you can't pretend to yourself. You can keep going on with whatever pretend endeavors you are doing, but one day, hopefully sooner rather then later in life, you'll realize you have to get to fucking work, and hopefully by then the opportunities we have in front of us aren't going to be regulated to death by the government and other "invisible forces".

You have to understand YOU DO NOT HAVE FORVER. The time to act is NOW, not tomorrow, not next week, not 5 years from fucking now, not "once I'm done reading this book", it's NOW. If you don't act, then you really just don't want it hard enough. If you aren't willing to make sacrifices, not partying, not reading a thousand and one books, not procrastinating changing the fucking theme of your site for the twelfth time - Simply STOP FUCKING AROUND (link) and get to work.

Good luck with that conspiracy stuff - I'm pretty sure not only is Tesla fighting with "old institutions" - they are still gaining ground, cause again, hard work and sheer determination. You are the only obstacle in your way, if you can't achieve billions like Elon cause you have that weak mentality, then that's exactly what's going to happen.

Good luck with your first billion, I know people who let me get expend my business to start making nine figures, if I counter them my business is gone, I worked my as for more than 25 years and still. If you believe people like Elon will reach that level of achievement without any need of outside hands you're wrong as bush on Iraq nuclear!

Believe what you want you don't hurt me cause I already walked with sharks that if you don't bow to their orders you're blown off before you even blink, take it or leave it.

As you don't follow anyone here, so I, I don't follow anyone here, if his opinion is true I agree with it if is half true I say what it need to be said, if it's wrong I put my opinion on the table, people who mock me or follow who said something shiny don't hurt me or my opinion, as they say if you don't proclaim your throne another kingdom will raise, the meaning here, is be yourself impose your position here!

I see some folks here just collecting likes and attack you if you don't be the same form and logically formed as them! They act like penguins or sheep always follows someones opinion! I want your opinion I don't want your one joking word on a real matter topic.

I don't collect likes here I say my unique opinion on the subject!

I agree that hard work is the plan to make millions and billions too, still you can't expand without banks, propaganda and behind the scene people, other than that believe what you have to believe on that topic without attacks on each others, I acknowledge respect on my first reply to CCarter whether he attack me or not I said to him he just know the surface of what's going on not the bottom of the iceberg (as the picture posted in the first page of this topic ). I said that hard work is certainty, but there is a side to the story, He claim I say conspiracy stuff it's his opinion it doesn't hurt mine, just why deny that I agree with you on hard working that is a main process to get success or stay at the bottom of the pyramid?

Never mind all of these stuff if you see my opinion isn't true but you don't have to appear that you're the truth of all truths that you never get a wrong opinion or idea that need to be revisited for a small or major correction!

If you think so you do that for two reasons, one is to have as much as you can of followers, second one you want to appear that you know everything!

I made eight figures the past year and my aim this year is nine, do you know how much hours I work ?

Six each day, with only one day each week were I relax, do you know how much work I do in those 36 hours each week I manage complex plans and strategies for my private company, I do legal stuff my clients are gov's and private personal, I was doing IM in 2013 stop that only in one year I made eight figures with only 3 months of practical or on ground work 9 months of planing, I own that company and I have hundreds if not thousands of competition to face, what makes me ahead of them isn't my hard work, is my relations and big fishes I know, if you can't collaborate with them you're nothing but water goes through sand!

I don't like to talk about what I do or what is my background, I just talk on places like this forum, to say the real face of business how it looks, you don't advance if you don't have a network, aka business networking.

You can reach 10-100 million but you can't bypass 1 Billion if you don't have relations like I've said on my first reply.

Like it or not this is my opinion no further comments here!

Last edited:
Like it or not this is my opinion no further comments here!

No one said relationships will not get you further. YOU went off the rails when going on about the top 12 giving away their wealth linked that with the conspiracy - no one else stated anything like that until YOU brought it up here:

"Musk joined The Giving Pledge in April 2012, offering an ethical commitment to donate the majority of his fortune to philanthropic causes.[72] Musk became a member of the campaign first popularised by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates with a class of 12 of America's wealthiest families and individuals"

No one stated relationships will not get you further in life, YOU implied that upon us. First Ryuzaki was talking about transforming the mind, then you go off on tangents about magic. Then I'm talking about hard work and again you are going on tangents about conspiracy of the big guys and their 12 families doing whatever... This is all you taking these topics off-topic.

If I was looking to gain followers, I probably wouldn't be attacking people that reply in my thread left and right. I again stated people can hate me, but at the end of the day - like the original post was talking about, before these constant derailments of conspiracies that the wealthy are after you - hard work wins every time.

No one stated relationships will not get you further in life, YOU implied that upon us. First Ryuzaki was talking about transforming the mind, then you go off on tangents about magic. Then I'm talking about hard work and again you are going on tangents about conspiracy of the big guys and their 12 families doing whatever...

If I was looking to gain followers, I probably wouldn't be attacking people that reply in my thread left and right. I again stated people can hate me, but at the end of the day - like the original post was talking about, before these constant derailments of conspiracies that the wealthy are after you - hard work wins every time.

How did he get exposed to media and why those 12 families and particles are helping him why they don't help other big projects like stopping the damn inflation, or they just help him for the sake of humanity !

Hard workers won't win every times if you talk about small digits you can say and apply the one percent rule of success, but when it comes to billions, you can't have that!

Told me how garbage music get so many supporters but when you see inde artist do ten times hard work over garbage artists, why they don't get famous, some painters are not famous in their lives even they work harder than the famous garbage artist do, why they don't get famous, why people like van gogh didn't reach fame Frédéric Bazille.

Told me why C language creator Dennis Ritchie didn't be famous like Steve Jobs who did just a fraction of what Ritchie did ?

Explain to me why some people do hard work millions of times than the average 1% why don't they get known ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back