Is UberSuggest Worth It Compared to Other SEO Tools?

Degree
I was looking at the various tools available (Ahrefs, Semrush, etc) and they all tend to be expensive, $100 per month is not something I can justify at the volume of research that I'm doing.

And then I was looking at Ubersuggest, and I'm seeing $120 for an unlimited license, or something under $15 if I choose to pay per month.

Now, I know people's opinion of Neil Patel, and I heard that he made a mess of a good tool when he took it over.

Still, do you guys think it's worth investing $120 in his tool, for lifetime access?

What I'm most interested in, is getting lists of keywords that my competitors are ranking for, and this tool would allow me to export a few thousand rows of data there.

Any idea? Or better suggestions at a similar or cheaper price? Better to just stick to $7 Ahrefs trials once every couple of months?

Thanks!

Neil Patel is fine. He's got the god-tier, omni-present, top-of-the-funnel marketing going on that everyone can learn from. People hate him due to over-exposure, but that's why he gets all the newbies. They see him everywhere and assume he's the authority.

I think $120 (though I'm seeing $290 as the minimum purchase for up to 3 sites), is a great deal.

If I was guiding a "young" SEO that was asking "should I try to build out a website with no access to any data, or fork over $120 for UberSuggest and have decent data, but maybe not the best data..." I think the answer is pretty clear.

There might be different options, maybe even incrementally better ones. But I'm all about a one-time fee. Unless you want to wait around for AppSumo to have the right offer come along, it's probably not a bad purchase. Better than doing the electric boogaloo with credit cards and fiverr purchases or whatever to exploit the Ahrefs trial. Tools are meant to save time, and that sounds like a waste of time.

Lol. They differentiate prices based on something. Maybe IP ... but I was also logged in when I got the smaller price.

Edit: Thanks for the info btw. It sounds like a good deal for me too. I will probably take it, before it disappears.

Eastern Europe IP:

fP83WZX.png

North America VPN:
JYdIdDJ.png

Man. Wtf. That’s like travel site level.

Double the price. Wow. That’s a good way to piss off potential customers

Double the price. Wow. That’s a good way to piss off potential customers
How many customer would use VPN to check if the price in other region is cheaper? Maybe you piss off one or two, but in the end of the day for each of those one or twos you'll get 10 who just pay that $290.

It's like with service people who are afraid of doing drastic changes to their websites because of "well, my existing clients my not like it". Well no shit, you have clients to whom you're providing a good service and you think they have nothing better to do than monitoring changes of your website?

How many customer would use VPN to check if the price in other region is cheaper? Maybe you piss off one or two, but in the end of the day for each of those one or twos you'll get 10 who just pay that $290.

It's like with service people who are afraid of doing drastic changes to their websites because of "well, my existing clients my not like it". Well no shit, you have clients to whom you're providing a good service and you think they have nothing better to do than monitoring changes of your website?
All it takes is one pissed off customer to blast it on Reddit and forums and then you have tons of annoyed customers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What would they be annoyed for? For investing in a tool which saved them way more time and money? This is a tool you buy for business purposes and either this amount is no-brainers for you or if it still is a significant investment, then, I bet you did your calculations and you can see how it's worth more than the money spent.

On top of that, do you really need clients which are annoyed for pennies? I bet they would be the same 90% of clients which bother you through support with annoying and time wasting questions and if you don't make them happy they will run to reddit and scream to everyone how bad you are :smile:

In the end of the day, everything is a transaction. You give away less valuable things for something in which you see more value.

UberSuggets is ok, but compared to Ahrefs it's nowhere near as good. You can get by using free KW research tools, but I would also have a look at Ahrefs' new free plan.

Google "ahrefs webmaster tool" and you can access a lot of their features for free on your website.

UberSuggets is ok, but compared to Ahrefs it's nowhere near as good. You can get by using free KW research tools, but I would also have a look at Ahrefs' new free plan.
I agree with Lenry. I paid for the lifetime, and it's just "OK". If you have a low budget then it moves to "Good" for the value/price.
Google "ahrefs webmaster tool" and you can access a lot of their features for free on your website.
So, this one is a wolf in sheep's clothing. This is my opinion. They are getting people to sign up for free, in return, they see your Google Search Console Data (links) and populate their list of known sites. Otherwise, they spend a lot on spiders crawling the entire internet when they can just learn what Google is crawling from users that sign up for free to expand their data without spending.

Agree about the crawling and budget point. Funnily enough, UberSuggests actually did it first, they use it to take all your GSC data to help them estimate website traffic and search volumes better.

If you can't afford the full Ahrefs version then the chances are your website isn't that big or making much money, so it might be worth it in exchange for the free tool. However, if you have the money and a profitable website I wouldn't risk handing your data over.

Why not setup a Google Ads account and use their keyword tool? Its free.

Also:
- Answerthepublic.com
- Setup a free trial with ahrefs and use the shit out of it

If you are on the low budget , I'd suggest dedicate full 5-7 days to dig out keywords and content planning/branching with all the keywords. Make use of the 7 days trial (7$) of ahrefs

I tried ubersuggest and it does the job ok. I ended up using Ahrefs as Ahrefs provides much more in depth tools that I can use. Lot of time saved actually.

You can certainly start with ubersuggest and go from there. Sometimes a power tool does not necessarily mean that you will be using all the available options.

You might also want to wait for Black Friday sales if any.

As mentioned above, for the price it's a pretty good deal for a beginner on a budget.

A few years ago I got a similar lifetime deal with Serpstat (through APPSUMO I think) and it's been a great help over the years and was great value for money.

Alternatively, you could test out one of the premium tools below:
- SEMrush - you can easily find a 30 day free trial online
- Ahrefs - 7 days for $7 deal (great if you have time to maximise its features over the course of a week)
- Or keep an eye out for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals - I think KWFinder by Mangools usually has a substantial discount (25%+) and might be a more affordable option for you?

Anyway, hope this helps and all the best with your project!

I love the keywords everywhere plugin. I use the free version for keyword ideas and then put the kw list into hrefs to look for volume.

Ubersuggest was much better before Neil Patel took it over (and free!).

I have Ahrefs, Semrush, and a few other tools. If I had to pick one to go with, it would be Ahrefs hands down. That's the best all in one tool for KW research, audits, competitor insight etc. Just my two cents. Also, don't forget to use search engines. Start typing your question and other suggestions will populate. They do so because they're relevant and Google knows what people likely are looking for. That's free, quick, and easy.

Based on the cynical idea that any private metric is a load of bollocks - be it PageRank (as was), DR or MozRank or whatever, my use of search tools is based on comparative numbers.
I tend to use Ubersuggest a fair amount since it is quite simple to find what I'm looking for (say, search results with low-value domains ranking, for example) and supplement it with KeywordsEverywhere combined with AnswerThePublic (a great pairing). Of the other tools, I probably use SEO PowerSuite the most on a day-to-day basis. I do have Serpstat and got a multi-year deal off them when they raised their prices but don't tend to open it that much.
I'm an old fart and used to paying for software and upgrading it when I find the need, so have an objection to the overpriced monthly deal concept, although I see the business model, see streaming services, Adobe products, Ahrefs, Semrush, AWR, etc.

Back