Is this considered "Big brand"?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Looks really simple in terms of design, is it too simple though?

y8rTk6k.jpg

I would have described it as quite noisy (my eyes kinda darted about when I first looked) not too simple to be honest. Not saying I don't like it, I do like how the articles are laid out, but there's something about the lack of symmetry or the sidebar or something I don't like, I'm not really sure.

Yeah that navigation above the sidebar full of ads would give me a tumor.

But its all in what them readers like. You will never know until you try it. Look at how shit those clickbank product landing pages are. Reminds me of a 3am infomercial with Billy Mays. And it must convert, because they have not changed the design since the first WSO was ever sold.

As far as news sites go, I love the clean look of http://www.wired.com/. I want information that is easy to read. The content is the centerpiece, not the banner ads and social media counters.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as news sites go, I love the clean look of http://www.wired.com/. I want information that is easy to read. The content is the centerpiece, not the banner ads and social media counters.
This is honestly my favourite, I love the design. I "borrowed" their link highlight look and added it to my own site

I would have described it as quite noisy (my eyes kinda darted about when I first looked) not too simple to be honest. Not saying I don't like it, I do like how the articles are laid out, but there's something about the lack of symmetry or the sidebar or something I don't like, I'm not really sure.
I agree, also the background image is disgusting, but they seem to do really well. Always see them on the first page of reddit

Last edited by a moderator:
Not big brand.

They're on the first page of reddit for their content and not their web design. I'm positive about that.

The scale is all wrong. Huge blank space on the left, multiple different images sizes in the sidebar that don't complement one another, font is too small as well as different font styles, multiple images and words that should be clickable are not, some titles on the homepage are much longer than others creating big gaps between the image and the preview text, the whole thing is pushed to the right and cut off in my browser.

I think the problem is their css is fucking up their site. I could probably live with some of the things that bother me if they fixed it.

They're fucking up.

But it doesn't even matter because they have 10's of thousands of referring domains and an alexa ranking of 3,239 in the US so they have plenty of traffic regardless of what I think.

Back