Is there a way to find only sites with increasing Alexa rank?

Nat

Degree
I've been looking through Alexa in various categories trying to find some sites to traffic leak from. But over 90% of the places I've found (I'm specifically trying to find places where you can register) have been steadily declining in Alexa rank. Reddit and Behance are climbing, but lots of platforms I keep finding with userbases are steadily declining -- like ello and we<3it and lots of other general social platforms.

Is there any way to only find growing alexa rank sites (without buying premium)?

Programmatically, yes - rather easy. How we do it at SERPWoo is we download the Alexa top 1 million list daily (http://s3.amazonaws.com/alexa-static/top-1m.csv.zip) then compare the differences and find websites with the highest increases and decreases daily. But what I would do in your case is program it to track the changes of domains with upward movement, in consecutive days - example upward movement for 5 days and below 100,000 Alexa rank; then output that resulting list, and visit the website to see if there is user generated content to leak traffic from.

Reactions: Nat
Programmatically, yes - rather easy. How we do it at SERPWoo is we download the Alexa top 1 million list daily (http://s3.amazonaws.com/alexa-static/top-1m.csv.zip) then compare the differences and find websites with the highest increases and decreases daily. But what I would do in your case is program it to track the changes of domains with upward movement, in consecutive days - example upward movement for 5 days and below 100,000 Alexa rank; then output that resulting list, and visit the website to see if there is user generated content to leak traffic from.

Brilliant, thank you. I didn't even realize the top million list existed.

I just figured out another way to find some new-ish social websites that are growing. Its pretty obvious, but maybe worth sharing. I looked up seed funding / angel funding websites and filtered the sites they endorsed/funded by social. There are so many 'start-ups' these days that I doubt many will be 'huge,' but some of them are niche specific which could be nice for some people. I'm also hoping that as I learn to 'automate' that some of these newer sites don't have the same security/detection features that the big sites do.

Back