Is there a Mac app to save Mission Control windows?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I have a Macbook and use Mission Control mapped to a mouse button press + mouse left/right swipe gesture to quickly switch between desktops. For different repetitive procedures I have 10+ desktops open in mission control, each of them with 2-3 windows/apps open. Each desktop is a step in a procedure - basically like an assembly line. So complete step in Mission Control desktop 1, swipe right to desktop 2, complete that then swipe to desktop 3, etc.

Great boost to my productivity. However, if these desktops all get shut down by accident, it's a pain in the ass to open everything up. 10+ desktops, 2-3 windows/apps each, all sized and positioned in specific ways.

So is there an app that will 1) Save all the open desktops and 2) remember all the windows/apps open within each desktop and 3) allow to assign it a profile?

That way I can just open Profile A and it automatically opens all the desktops + the windows/apps and then when I'm done with that, close Profile A and open Profile B which will then pull up my saved settings for a different procedure.

Right now I use Moom to assign window positions + custom settings. That's nice but it's still not what I'm looking for.

Looked around some more and still haven't found a solution. hah. Anyone know of such a program?

Bueller, Bueller...Ferris, Bueller.

Looked around some more and still haven't found a solution. hah. Anyone know of such a program?

Bueller, Bueller...Ferris, Bueller.

Moom may do this. Check it out. I have been testing out the trial version and it is able to save and restore window/program locations relatively easily. However, I have not tested it with multiple desktops or Mission Control. Rather, I use it to organize programs and preserve the layout of programs on a single desktop across multiple monitors.

You may also want to check out this thread. @Ryuzaki talks about an app/tool he uses that may be helpful to you.

I didn't catch that you use Moom. Sorry about that. I was pressed for time and pretty excited about my implementation of it so when I saw your post, I was eager to share. :smile:

Last edited:
Back