Is there a batch way to delete the 1st image & caption from every blog post?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I want to delete only the first image, plus it's caption, from every blog post. Is there a way to do this? Searched the net and found conflicting advice. Didn't want to try it without knowing for sure and fuxoring my site, hah.

Sounds like some RegEx and MySQL, and a potential disaster. This would scare me, honestly. I'd duplicate my site on a staging server before trying anything. There's no "undo" button.

If this was something I was absolutely sure I wanted to do, I'd get a bunch of beer, fire up a few of my favorite movies, and get to manually removing them in one long, tedious go. But that's because I'm willing to brute force it since it's a one time ordeal.

I'd get a bunch of beer, fire up a few of my favorite movies, and get to manually removing them in one long, tedious go. But that's because I'm willing to brute force it since it's a one time ordeal.
Haha, next time you do this invite me over.

Sounds like some RegEx and MySQL, and a potential disaster. This would scare me, honestly. I'd duplicate my site on a staging server before trying anything. There's no "undo" button.

If this was something I was absolutely sure I wanted to do, I'd get a bunch of beer, fire up a few of my favorite movies, and get to manually removing them in one long, tedious go. But that's because I'm willing to brute force it since it's a one time ordeal.

Coolio. Thank you. Looks like I'll have a long day of grunt work ahead of me, hah.

Reactions: Nat
There's probably no need to do them all. If your website is like most others, a large percentage of your pages just get a trickle of traffic.

You can just do the heavy hitters first and then decide if changing the rest is even worth your time.

Back