Is the Listicle the preferred format for most google searches?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
The Listicle aka "24 red gadgets of something or other" type articles seem to be ranking really well in Google in my experience. Lots of pics, lots of products (content-grouping), curated content, mobile friendly (more pics, less text).
Anyone else see the same?

I can't say I'm seeing them more often than not. Could be the kind of things I'm searching but I rarely see them.

However, I know someone killing it with nearly all listicles as you described them.

I'd say that they collect easy links and social signals, usually because they have the promise of easy consumption while covering a lot of information all at once in summary form. Who doesn't like that for the most part, you know. I'd suspect they get a higher CTR in the SERPs too.

You mean listicles versus tables for example? For snippets? I would say it depends on the search and you can see by just running it.

Anyone else see the same?
I'd say that this thing is going on for some time already. I guess the reason is that there was high return to SERP rate for these queries as people tend to compare several results and G decided that it needs such listicles instead of separate site pages.

I think there are a lot of them because they’re the lowest effort way to provide some amount of marginal value.

The sheer quantity causes tons of them to show up.

They’re also one of the easiest document types to understand from a training systems to analyze meaning, intent, and qualitative factors.

Back