Is the Amazon Affiliate Site method dead?

Degree
Recently, I noticed in the ongoing update of Google that it has mostly damaged the affiliate sites created targeting Amazon Affiliate. And this update is still ongoing. Would it be wise decision to create Amazon Affiliate site on the next days?
And in that case, if we create a new niche site, what kind of niche do you think would be better?

If your intention was to create low quality Affiliate sites that copied descriptions from Amazon and online reviews and rewrote them manually or through some ai rewrite software then ye, that's sorta dead.

And in that case, if we create a new niche site, what kind of niche do you think would be better?
Tl;Dr
- Don't pick a niche. Pick a vertical (meaning it's huge and contains billions of dollars).
- Pick a vertical that you have passion for and a complementary skill set and knowledge base.
- You can tackle one sub-niche at a time within this vertical-wide business to create a footing.

If you've read the Digital Strategy Crash Course, you'll remember that you don't really choose a niche, you choose a vertical.

Now if you are asking what vertical to choose. Well, you might want to remember this:

2circles.jpg

Always a nice checklist when starting any new business in general.

If you haven't already, go read the Digital Strategy Course, especially day 2, where they go over picking a niche.

Amazon aff site is not dead. I've started my site in Sep 2021. It's making $1k now in steady.
2022-06-21-133908.png

So just pick a niche you want to promote products on it. Make sure the commission rate is >3%. And just start!

Amazon aff site is not dead. I've started my site in Sep 2021. It's making $1k now in steady.
2022-06-21-133908.png

So just pick a niche you want to promote products on it. Make sure the commission rate is >3%. And just start!
Question for you, are you buying and reviewing those products? Or are you researching the info?

Question for you, are you buying and reviewing those products? Or are you researching the info?
Answer for your question:

I live in Vietnam so it's impossible for me to buy & do a live review for those product. If I live in some country like US... I'm pretty sure I will do that.

But, the point is I don't just write a normal product review arcitle or product review round up with boring information & structure like others :smile:. I try to give my reader the best product review content I can. That mean I put into a lot of effort to research online about real customer review, vlogger unboxing video & their review... I highlight all of gems info on those sources and polish it into my article with the best structure to persuade people click aff link :D

Answer for your question:

I live in Vietnam so it's impossible for me to buy & do a live review for those product. If I live in some country like US... I'm pretty sure I will do that.

But, the point is I don't just write a normal product review arcitle or product review round up with boring information & structure like others :smile:. I try to give my reader the best product review content I can. That mean I put into a lot of effort to research online about real customer review, vlogger unboxing video & their review... I highlight all of gems info on those sources and polish it into my article with the best structure to persuade people click aff link :D

Don't justify why you do what you do. Just do it and do more of it.

I think you sorta need to build Authority sites not "aamazon niche sites"

No, if you do it the right way. A lot of affiliate websites purely with review content doing pretty good. Owning the product and sharing original data is one of the ways to do it right.

I don't think it's dead. I usually have amazon affiliate links shoved in my face through my newsfeed on other platforms. Same with other friends of mine. I am constantly seeing content creators pushing these products aggressively or passively. Honestly, they do grab my attention.

It's not dead, but it's not the best monetization method. You're going to have to do the same amount of work to produce content to drive traffic to a low-ticket item on Amazon as you are to a high-ticket private affiliate offer.

Amazon converts better, but there is way more competition and Google is going after folks who haven't actually reviewed the products. Maybe they can't police it so well now, but in 2 years they'll likely get much better at it.

I'd recommend niching down and looking for one or two private affiliate offers. Then produce a heap of info content (think of the ad revenue) and build an email list via the organic traffic an sell to them fuckers.

BTW, you can still filter in Amazon links in your info posts if you want. But if your thinking is to build an Amazon affiliate site purely to drive traffic to Jeff, I'd say no! I did it and would not do it again.

Back