Is Pinterest a good option to get more website traffic?

Degree
Last year I was very active on Pinterest, putting pins every day for my posts on the website. I had Pinterest traffic to my site daily. But all of a sudden on April 1st I was no longer receiving Pinterest traffic to my websites.

I sent an email to Pinterest but did not receive a specific answer as to why suddenly my pins are no longer competitive, and why I stopped receiving Pinterest traffic. After that, I stopped putting pins on Pinterest because I was disappointed.

My question is should I put pins on Pinterest again?

Is it worth it or not, because lately, I read more and more comments that Pinterest is changing its policy of posting pins. Specifically, it is not in Pinterest's interest for their members to be redirected to sites like mine and others, their policy is for members to stay on Pinterest and not go elsewhere or to a website.

Pinterest runs an algorithm just like Google does, that's a pendulum between being as self-serving as possible until they see signs it's hurting their bottomline or reputation, then it swings back the other way to pacify the true users (the ones that supply the content) until they forget about the selfishness of yesterday, at which time it swings back towards that self-same selfishness.

If you bail on Pinterest at this point, that means a lot of others are too. And that means Pinterest is probably soon to swing the pendulum back to sharing traffic again.

Where do you want to be when the traffic flows again? At the same point you were before you left Pinterest, or do you want to have kept seeding your pins so that when the traffic comes back it comes back greater?

Also, there's more to Pinterest than just pinning to your own profile. There's groups and re-pinning agreements and all this stuff you can dig into.

This is all lofty talk. All I do is pin my own stuff and not even look at the traffic. The traffic will wax and wane, but the social signals and links are there, too. If you're already making featured images, it takes all of a minute to drop it on Pinterest. I just make it a part of my post-publishing procedure and then I don't think about it.

Pinterest has been on my radar for months but never got around to implement it properly. I do see potential, especially in female demographics.

Back