Is it realistic to sell a non-english site to a US or UK or foreign company?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Would someone like FE International or Empireflippers make sense if you had a site in a non-english language?

Is there an interest from US or UK companies in buying such sites?

You carry a lot of doubt in your mind. You need to change your perspective in life.

Yes, actually there's a lot of interest in buying foreign sites. A few years ago, everyone was talking about foreign SEO (which is just SEO to me I guess). I've sold English sites to French companies, and Swedish sites to Argentinian companies ... The latter not via brokers, but still, I can't see why not.

The logistics are not that different - you would hire a writer for the respective language, and that's it. Most larger companies will have multi-lingual sites (think Microsoft, Mozilla, most banks ...). Those companies won't be your market for selling a website, but it's not that different - they are American owned brands represented by websites in Spanish, French, Chinese and many more languages.

The English health site I sold to France had a long-term plan of converting it into a mulit-lingual site, starting with French and Spanish.

People that buy websites at the lower price range ~$100k will likely not write the content themselves. The project management and research are similar (finding offers, buying content, making graphics, and content planning).

A good reason to buy foreign websites could be that you can work with a less saturated market. I've ran websites powered by native ads (Revcontent and the likes) in Thailand (in Thai). Back then we ran cash on delivery skin and diet pills, and it was after diet pills and trial offers got all fucked in the US. By buying an established website, you would eliminate the bulk of niche research and if it has income, it's a proven business.

My sites are mainly in English now, but I'm not a native English speaker. I obviously don't write the content myself, but I'm able to manage the projects. The other way around wouldn't be too different.

Last edited:
Would a Russian guy consider buying an English site if it would make them money?
Would a Japanese guy consider buying an English site if it would make them money?
Would a Smoking brand consider buying a candy brand if it would make them money?

There are quite a few Americans that speak Russian, or Japanese, or Swedish, or German, or Dutch....
Same goes for the Brits. Maybe a multilangual person can buy the site and run with it.

Or they could hire somebody to do it.
I'm not at the point where I can hire somebody to manage websites in different languages.
But for sure there are a lot of people that can, and do.

Would a a Spaniard want to earn in UK Pounds?
Would an Australian want to earn in Yen?
Would n American want to earn Dinars?

if there is money to be made............ Absolutely.

Back