Is it possible to estimate the RPM for a niche before diving in?

Degree
Is there a good way to understand what a realistic RPM could be for a particular Niche? Its a cart before the horse problem, but I assume there is some sort of correlation (my niche for example, sports.. is $1 RPM realistic? is $5? Etc).

Thanks!
Joe

You need to provide way more information to yourself and others to get a realistic or serious answer.

Probably the most important is how you intend to monetize. Are you selling a product, service, or subscription? Are you running display ads? Email marketing? How will the money come in?

Also, what's the quality of the traffic? What's the traffic source?

Then there's also the question of how well you can do on your side with copywriting, conversion rate optimization, and so forth.

For now, primary focus would be display ads.

I guess I can't fully speak to the intended traffic, it would likely be US based though.

Can you elaborate on conversion rate optimization?

Check listings on Flippa.
It is the perfect place to check niches out since sellers have to provide tons of data.

Look for successful sites that bring traffic and money, see what they are doing.
See how the revenue is split, affiliate, ads, email, etc.

You can get RPM numbers since they show earnings and traffic.

I think you could make a page and buy search traffic from Google Ads. Real life data.

Not really, I would say if you got option unlock some Empire Flippers sites. Most of niche sites that I've unlocked were bad. I couldn't believe what kind of sites got accepted on Empire Flippers.

Flippa is even worse, cuz there are so many scams / fake traffic / fake rpms statistic etc.

In the other posts, I mentioned How I was the moron who would copy things.

Basically, you could go on youtube look up income reports and notice their RPMs. A lot of them tell their niche. There's also people who reveal their sites.

Not only that you could look for blog posts that share their income report. This is what I did.

I never go into a niche without figuring out like what type of way to monetize it good. Like monetization via physical product, courses, display ads, print on demand tshirt/cups, books and journels.

Besides niche, the next biggest thing is how much of your traffic is considered part of "tier 1" countries which generate the highest RPMs (US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.). My websites are usually around 90% for tier 1 traffic which supports solid ad earnings. My niches aren't super lucrative but with tier 1 traffic and video ads, the RPMs are solid (~$20-30).

Back