Is it bad for SEO to have a truncated title, even if the part being cut off is just my website name?

I'm auditing the articles on my website with ahrefs/surferseo and they're both returning errors that my titles are too long. The reason this is happening is because my website's name is added to the end of each of my titles. Is it bad for SEO to have a truncated title, even if the part being cut off is just my website name?

bernard

BuSo Pro
I'm auditing the articles on my website with ahrefs/surferseo and they're both returning errors that my titles are too long. The reason this is happening is because my website's name is added to the end of each of my titles. Is it bad for SEO to have a truncated title, even if the part being cut off is just my website name?

Good question!

Google creates their own titles more and more.

Why are your titles too long, is it because you're targeting too many keywords pr. title?

If you're targeting these long questions, then you do definitely don't need to add your site name to the end of the title.

I wouldn't have the site name in the end unless it is very memorable or a known brand.

Good question!

Google creates their own titles more and more.

Why are your titles too long, is it because you're targeting too many keywords pr. title?

If you're targeting these long questions, then you do definitely don't need to add your site name to the end of the title.

I wouldn't have the site name in the end unless it is very memorable or a known brand.
I should have been more clear. I'm creating my titles (which don't include my website name) but my website's name is getting appended automatically to the end of each of my titles in Google. I'm guessing this is an issue with my theme which I'm trying to look into. All of my titles are under 60 characters and then the website name gets appended to the end and pushes my titles over 60 characters and often into the 70s.

I personally don't care if my website's name gets cut off in the titles, but I would care if my titles being truncated is having a negative effect SEO wise.

Oh damn, I tried to fit it in if at all possible.
You are right tho, probably a waste of space.

We should focus on getting more info out to the searcher/search engine, so they know they will find what they are looking for.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
I would care if my titles being truncated is having a negative effect SEO wise.
I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Google is rewriting titles a lot of times anyways based on what they think will provide a higher click through rating, but what they rewrite is based on what you provide them. So there's even a possibility that having one that's too long is beneficial.

I don't think it's that important. In my own personal work I do keep the title lengths short enough to fit on Google's SERPs, but that's because it's a good barometer if it'll fit around my sites, based on the font sizes and widths I've allotted for them in various places. If the title is too long, the first thing I do is remove my site name, which I include by default.

What you do want to make sure is you use your keyword in the title and preferably closer to the beginning of it.