Is Google's latest update, impossible?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I've done some pretty regular/organic things to work the SEO of my new project.

- 1 Press release announcing launch
- Newsworthy stories on Google news blogs

This is all. However, after google set my rank into the 70s, I've not been able to budget out of it since. It may bonce up and down 5 places within the week, but not a thing more.

+1 link growth per day, that's all my goal was. Nothing , growth wise.

What I have seen... It feels like Google's promoting and preferring content from larger, social media sites and stores than the little guys. I have my twitter closer to front page and a random facebook page (in chinese) showing up higher in search

i'm thinking larger sites with some automation scripts to change links featured on a page = the best way to go........ Not to mention, site's infringing on my trademark outrank me

Isn’t this project like 1 or 2 months old? If I am correct you are too impatient, Google takes a bit longer now-a-days especially if you don’t go viral or semi-viral. Age is built in and dialed up. This ain’t 2007.

Isn’t this project like 1 or 2 months old? If I am correct you are too impatient, Google takes a bit longer now-a-days especially if you don’t go viral or semi-viral. Age is built in and dialed up. This ain’t 2007.

Yes, but it's not really a competitive niche at all.

Should it still be the same?

Im definitely 'fresh' again at this whole website building world. I was doing this before (~2015) with pretty good success before I got into affiliate marketing. Now I feel like I'm done.

i was looking at testing a 301 redirect from a DA80+ . Any thoughts?

I help launched a new franchise in California recently and they aren’t even in the top 50 for their name - it’s been almost a month. They are slowly climbing, but it’s a brand new domain, with no links, but an sxtremely unique name.

There hasn’t been any SEO besides the on-page. Even thier instagram and social media pages are being held back, but I know from experience it will all rank in top positions within the 3 month timeframe.

I don’t know your metrics, but hitting a brand new domains with a 301 redirect of a DA 80+ sounds like a red flag, especially in a “non-competitive” niche. If Chinese Facebooks are outranking you in english SERPs that means you are being evaluated. Time is all you can spend. Focus on Youtube or other marketing channels and flex those muscles for a while.

If Chinese Facebooks are outranking you in english SERPs that means you are being eva

Yes, i have 2 YouTube videos ranking first page. My twitter is sometimes front page.

My facebook is oddly showing up with the Chinese product page vs just the USA version.

I got an offer for a 301 redirect from ZDnet . Would that really be a bad thing considering the point of these is to redirect traffic from old sources to new?

Depends on what you are ranking.

We talking home page or inner page?

In doing some analysis, inner pages don't need that many links to rank. Most of the trust is getting built on the home page, then leaking to the inner pages with certain types of anchors and certain types of links.

Also, the study we did on domain age ( including the content ) is still very relevant today even in non competitive niches. If your project is fairly new, then you def need to wait a while.

Also, the study we did on domain age ( including the content ) is still very relevant today even in non competitive niches. If your project is fairly ne

Great info.

I was thinking to try and rank an inner page and redirect this ZDnet link of DA80+ to my inner page.

Would it work you think?

You may want to change your web host.
If its been a month.
You should probably still rank your brand.

You may want to change your web host.
If its been a month.
You should probably still rank your brand.

It's been a while since i've been in the SEO stuff.

How important is it now to have a private IP for your website? vs Shared hosting plans

3 months, 6 months and 1 year are the intervals where I've seen the biggest change in "trust".

This. I generally tell my clients these are the time frames. You will start to see nice movement by 3 months, breakeven point is 6 months, growing ROI by 9-12 months. Of course this depends on the niche and competition, but these are pretty good benchmarks to work off.

Last edited:
This. I generally tell my clients these are the time frames. You will start to see nice movement by 3 months, breakeven point is 6 months, growing ROI by 9-12 months. Of course this depends on the niche and competition, but these are pretty good benchmarks to work off.

My niche isn't high competition really but there is a shopify store dominating. I've been trying to get it taken down for a bit.

Getting your competitors taken down doesn't mean you'll rank all of the sudden.

How many pages exist on your site?

You mentioned a Shopify store ranking. Is your site following the same "ecommerce intent" or is it a content site or a sales lander? If you're not matching the intent that Google has assigned to the SERP then you can forget about ranking altogether.

Do you compete in terms of backlinks? What about age? What about on-page SEO? What about intent?

Getting your competitors taken down doesn't mean you'll rank all of the sudden.

How many pages exist on your site?

You mentioned a Shopify store ranking. Is your site following the same "ecommerce intent" or is it a content site or a sales lander? If you're not matching the intent that Google has assigned to the SERP then you can forget about ranking altogether.

Do you compete in terms of backlinks? What about age? What about on-page SEO? What about intent?

Great info.
I will analyze the competition on this.

What about the hosting? DOes private hosting matter anymore?

If you're not matching the intent that Google has assigned to the SERP then you can forget about ranking altogether.

Do you agree with this:

"Best" - long form with contextual relevance AND product relevance combined, i.e. does the article include those products associated with "best widgets".

"Cheap" - ecommerce and product search. Filtering and search.

"Widget" - can be "best" or "cheap" depending on the query, often a mix of both in the results, so you'll have one "best" and 9 "cheap" or similar.

Back