Is DA a good metric for link scouring?

Yeah. I agree as well. The question arose when I was in a job interview and the General Manager asked "How can you tell if a link is a good link."

I answered like you said, saying I would look at the domain's backlink profile and he wasn't satisfied with it. He said DA was a good way to tell, which to me didn't make sense as I'd rather go with TF/CF (Like @MeEatBrains said, a more rigorous metric).

During the interview, I couldn't figure out how to tell the GM he's full of shit without disqualifying myself for the job but, in the end, I didn't get the job (nor would I want to work at that startup) so I just should have ripped him anyways.

This is the point where I would have gotten up, pointed my finger in the guys face and told him he was a fucking idiot. Good luck with your shitty startup.

When I do look at a link, I look at many aspects - does the site get traffic, what is TF/CF, are they active on social, where do they rank, link profile...etc.. Aside from link prospecting, I have to agree with what a few have mentioned here already. I've started to care less about link building, and more on brand building and visibility.

Back