Is bluehatSEO still relevant?

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
@CCarter I was reading your threads in Wickedfire, and you mentioned sometihg like: "if your not reading bluehatSEO blog your wasting your time". I checked his blog and there is definitely a lot of info, but before I dive in I just wanted to ask, is all his stuff still relevant in 2015? since his last post was made few years ago.

Thanks. :smile:

I got no idea, but it does stir up the creative juices IMO

but before I dive in I just wanted to ask, is all his stuff still relevant in 2015?

I noticed how you stated "but before" - that is the type of attitude that will lead you to failure. You're looking for guarantees in life that if you do XYZ you will bank ABC. Nothing is guaranteed in life except death... This thought is why the 99% are where they are - they want guarantees that if they take this risk they will succeed, and the mere fact that there is no guarantee creates the fear that they live with for the rest of their lives. "It probably wouldn't have worked out anyways", "There was too much competition", "There was someone better than me." - and other thoughts that creep into their minds to convince them that their in-action is a good move in their part.

In-Action is the absolute worse move there is. The best action is doing the right move, the 2nd best is doing the wrong move, the worst is doing no move, since with no move, you cannot move forward.

--

There are 2 answers to your question, once we get past the requirement for a guarantee in life...

Answer #1 - No. not if you are looking for a lazy way of SEO and marketing. If you think PAD submissions work now, or are looking for some secret SEO technique that everyone else knows except for you - you're not going to make it in this realm.

Answer #2 - Yes. If you are not looking for lazy SEO. The foundation of his thought patterns, the critical thinking, and how Eli arrives at these unique methods of ranking is always relevant. You might read something on there which you might recognize as a pattern that can be re-mixed on a new platform. It's more about the in-direct teaching of how to rank and finding any possible opportunity versus doing PAD submissions in 2015. If the direct teaching is all you are learning, you are doing it wrong.

Here is the problem - SEOs want a step by step method for everything, Do step 1, Do step 2, Do step 3 - and rank. Problem is they aren't thinking about Why doing Step 1 before Step 2 works. If you can understand the underlying concepts of ranking and why you follow these steps, you'll be able to go into Eli's teachings and lessons and then extract old concepts and re-imagine them into new ideas in this new world. It's not about the Steps 1, 2, 3 - it's about taking one concept and re-purposing it in this new environment.

Critical thinking and creativity is what it teaches - as with all teachings the real lesson is not on the surface of what's being taught.

--

Once you stop thinking like the 99%, wanting a guarantee and actually go for your goal, even if you fail, and realize that you have a brain and as a man are able to rely on your brain that is the product of billions of years of evolution - you'll realize how fear was always holding you back, the same way the 99% live their whole lives. Let go of fear, and learn to embrace the failures, since failure is the greatest teacher and a requirement for success. I've failed dozens of times in hundreds of projects, AND will continue to fail, but I don't fear failing, I fear not trying, cause in failure I learn a new lesson that I use for the next round, in fear I learn nothing, and stay in the same position forever.

Knowing that the only thing guaranteed in life is death, knowing that you may fail at a project you worked on for 2 months, 10 months, or 5 years like me - are you going to continue looking for a guarantee before leaping into the void? Just do it, the worse thing that can happen is that you fail, and then what? You'll be in a league with the Albert Einsteins or Thomas Edisons of the world that have more failures then all the 99%'s attempts combined.

Or you can just not read BlueHatSEO and continue waiting for someone to give you some magic beans that's going to make you internet rich...

Here's my opinion on Blue Hat SEO. The game's done changed. It's still viable but the overhead and attention to detail to do it properly essentially outweighs the benefits. If you do it just like Eli said, but do it now, you're doomed. Which is part of what CCarter is telling you. I know of ONE and only one outfit that has done it so well that they still dominate the top of every serp in their niche, and it's not brand related. They just have such a monstrous cash flow that they can carry the overhead and hire the workers to put it together.

Super Duper Pro-Tip:
I can tell you how you can get everyone else to build you tiers and foundations and basements that pay for themselves without you having to lift a finger or even ask them to do it. They are doing it for you right now, all over the net. Your real challenge is to simply get a contextual dofollow back link on the domain. Also known as doing actual marketing and stop trying to find shortcuts that will come back to bite you.

A real website out there that's worth while will have 100's of various tiers built behind it, with niche relevancy, trust and citation flows, and anything else, and it will be built so naturally (because it is natural) that you'll never be detected. All that juice just waiting for you, and you didn't even have to fire up one spam tool, and you'll never get "busted."

PAD submissions

Wow that took me back. Dem slide puzzles.

I like you @CCarter, just for the reason, that you put so much effort in answering questions. :smile:

Also, I think you wondered off my question as well, I wasn't looking for a "magic pill", there is a lot of out - dated info now. I was just curios, will reading his posts be more efficient than using that time to write a couple of articles for my website.

Anyways, thank your for the answer, as there is some golden nuggets, that you can get out of that. :wink:

Also, I think you wondered off my question as well, I wasn't looking for a "magic pill", there is a lot of out - dated info now. I was just curios, will reading his posts be more efficient than using that time to write a couple of articles for my website.

Always remember knowledge is power, and @CCarter answered it well, I don't mean to be blunt but in the time of responding to this post and then waiting for @CCarter you could have read a post or so on BlueHatSEO and found out for yourself...

Its kind of like saying is a book such as Napoleon Hill "Think and Grow Rich" is still applicable today even thought the original version was written in 1937...

If there's a couple of things I learnt from Eli is that, without praising him:
he had a great writing style, appealing to me at least
seemed to be very popular for sharing his techniques, even in watered down formats
critical thinking and testing mentality
foundations are important for your seo empire, today, it should be called your online business instead, as seo is just part of the puzzle
diversifying one's portfolio
he's got his affiliate network, which takes balls and brains to create, manage
he's had programming skills - I think programming skills are indispensable if we want to get somewhere, unles s you can partner up with somebody

I think his intention was mainly to tell everyone, both directly and indirectly, to find their own way of doing things, which again comes back to testing and analysing data gathered

So yeah, doing things is the right way.
Forget hat colors. It's pure propaganda to divide and stir up people to keep them fighting amongst themselves.

The main lesson I take away from BHSEO is this:
  1. Every system created by humans is inherently vulnerable to exploitation by humans.
  2. There are no exceptions to #1.
I imagine this is where Eli started from with each new campaign: there's definitely a way in, it's just a matter of how much time, energy, and resources are required to pull it off. He seemed to be a genius at this game.

Of course, "genius" might just be another word for sitting in an office 12 hours a day obsessing over finding the way in (he alluded to this). That's what made him look like some kind of SEO oracle IMO. The mid to late 2000s were infected even worse than today with the easy internet money lie. Everyone was looking for income on autopilot and the right "tricks". Yet here he was working way harder than people in conventional lines of work, constantly forging into uncharted territory. Little surprise he would show up miles ahead of the pack on a regular basis.

Interesting. Don't know what the myspace age was like, since I was a mindless comsumer playing World of Warcraft and sailing through grammar school easily. Come 2015 and I wake up what a moron I was so far and still am in certain aspects.

I think one thing you can take away from Carter and Eli is that SEO business as it is and the way it changes is just not a sustainable business for the next 5-10 years. Google is obsessed with its guidelines, while you know that those with money can get away with what they want and they will gladly leave your microsites in Noranktown.

They both ended up doing something different, there's serpwoo and abovealloffers. I think we all need to find something that's independant of third parties -search engines and social media traffic. If you can get such a good service in place, your established brand can get you referrals as long as you're good.

My quest to the holy grail is finding out what I want to achieve and how I get there - and decide whether I'm strong enough - Becoming God is not for everyone, and I'm not deemed worthy yet.

The main lesson I take away from BHSEO is this:
  1. Every system created by humans is inherently vulnerable to exploitation by humans.
  2. There are no exceptions to #1.
I imagine this is where Eli started from with each new campaign: there's definitely a way in, it's just a matter of how much time, energy, and resources are required to pull it off. He seemed to be a genius at this game.

Of course, "genius" might just be another word for sitting in an office 12 hours a day obsessing over finding the way in (he alluded to this). That's what made him look like some kind of SEO oracle IMO. The mid to late 2000s were infected even worse than today with the easy internet money lie. Everyone was looking for income on autopilot and the right "tricks". Yet here he was working way harder than people in conventional lines of work, constantly forging into uncharted territory. Little surprise he would show up miles ahead of the pack on a regular basis.

definitely: still refer to a lot of those posts

One of my more favorite quotes:

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

-Albert Einstein

Although CCarter already alluded to this, I can't emphasize it enough. The tricks, the techniques, the exploits...at the end of the day, they come and go, and they're not always all that technologically amazing. Nothing wrong with learning about new ones from time to time, but it's as the analogy about "problems" goes. Look hard enough, and you will find a limitless supply of them... Don't waste too much time on that.

Once you've built a solid base of fundamentals, there is far more value, IMO, in placing a greater focus on studying the ways of successful people. The techniques frequently change. The ways rarely do. Those successful people often have similar work ethic, determination, a rabid approach to making one's self fail and jumping right back up to attack things again, etc.

It's often not magic or a terribly complicated secret. Often it's a simple fundamental or two, such as relishing the learning experience of defeat, and constantly seeking it out to the point that you actually somewhat LOVE defeat (whereas other people may feel defensive or have a negative outlook towards defeat), though you love winning far more. Learn those fundamental differences between yourself and someone you consider substantially more successful, then struggle to build those habits into your psyche. It will often be a significant struggle, in which you are resisting that which you have already built subconscious competence with (or worse, subconscious incompetence), and replacing it with a trait that will allow you to create better success. It may even take years to achieve this. Just be aware, when you catch that glimpse, or have that fleeting epiphany about a way of thinking, doing, or perceiving as a successful person would, you need to grab on to that, try to flesh it out, and work to ingrain that into your psyche. You are, in effect, relearning how to "walk".

I like that answer.

Being an SEO for the past 5 years...I've had my successes and downtimes...in fact, I took 6-7 months off I've been having trouble getting my strategies and mindset right.

The thing is you have to be able to question the results you see and understand what happened and why it happened. Once you have the strategy right, it's easier to scale it up. But the key will always be having the right mindset towards SEO and understanding what it is (a great way to drive easy traffic and give the kickstart a new business needs while on a low budget) and what it is not (a long term sustainable marketing strategy, do not use it as the only way you market your business).

I noticed how you stated "but before" - that is the type of attitude that will lead you to failure. You're looking for guarantees in life that if you do XYZ you will bank ABC. Nothing is guaranteed in life except death... This thought is why the 99% are where they are - they want guarantees that if they take this risk they will succeed, and the mere fact that there is no guarantee creates the fear that they live with for the rest of their lives. "It probably wouldn't have worked out anyways", "There was too much competition", "There was someone better than me." - and other thoughts that creep into their minds to convince them that their in-action is a good move in their part.

In-Action is the absolute worse move there is. The best action is doing the right move, the 2nd best is doing the wrong move, the worst is doing no move, since with no move, you cannot move forward.

--

There are 2 answers to your question, once we get past the requirement for a guarantee in life...

Answer #1 - No. not if you are looking for a lazy way of SEO and marketing. If you think PAD submissions work now, or are looking for some secret SEO technique that everyone else knows except for you - you're not going to make it in this realm.

Answer #2 - Yes. If you are not looking for lazy SEO. The foundation of his thought patterns, the critical thinking, and how Eli arrives at these unique methods of ranking is always relevant. You might read something on there which you might recognize as a pattern that can be re-mixed on a new platform. It's more about the in-direct teaching of how to rank and finding any possible opportunity versus doing PAD submissions in 2015. If the direct teaching is all you are learning, you are doing it wrong.

Here is the problem - SEOs want a step by step method for everything, Do step 1, Do step 2, Do step 3 - and rank. Problem is they aren't thinking about Why doing Step 1 before Step 2 works. If you can understand the underlying concepts of ranking and why you follow these steps, you'll be able to go into Eli's teachings and lessons and then extract old concepts and re-imagine them into new ideas in this new world. It's not about the Steps 1, 2, 3 - it's about taking one concept and re-purposing it in this new environment.

Critical thinking and creativity is what it teaches - as with all teachings the real lesson is not on the surface of what's being taught.

--

Once you stop thinking like the 99%, wanting a guarantee and actually go for your goal, even if you fail, and realize that you have a brain and as a man are able to rely on your brain that is the product of billions of years of evolution - you'll realize how fear was always holding you back, the same way the 99% live their whole lives. Let go of fear, and learn to embrace the failures, since failure is the greatest teacher and a requirement for success. I've failed dozens of times in hundreds of projects, AND will continue to fail, but I don't fear failing, I fear not trying, cause in failure I learn a new lesson that I use for the next round, in fear I learn nothing, and stay in the same position forever.

Knowing that the only thing guaranteed in life is death, knowing that you may fail at a project you worked on for 2 months, 10 months, or 5 years like me - are you going to continue looking for a guarantee before leaping into the void? Just do it, the worse thing that can happen is that you fail, and then what? You'll be in a league with the Albert Einsteins or Thomas Edisons of the world that have more failures then all the 99%'s attempts combined.

Or you can just not read BlueHatSEO and continue waiting for someone to give you some magic beans that's going to make you internet rich...

Back