Is anyone using Airtable in their publishing business?

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
I've started using Airtable recently. So far, I'm just using it as a slightly nicer looking spreadsheet (and its worth it for that alone),but I'm not really tapping into any of its magical powers yet.

Just curious if anyone here is doing anything neat with integrations and so on, especially as it relates to managing a team/content pipeline/tracking performance, all that good stuff.

Seems like there's a heap of cool stuff to do with Airtable, and I'm looking for some inspiration as it relates to what we do 'round here.

I'll also update this thread with any cool tips and tricks I find, and I'll probably end up sharing my workflow once I've got everything ironed out.

I don't, but I use Google Sheets generally, instead of Data Studio - which Airtable is the competition for right?

Air table is the inspiration for keyword sheeters ui. We just fall radically short compared to them lol.

I’ve thought about just letting people export their data there. Seems like it might be useful for automating the getting of data from deep dive keyword research into people’s content production pipelines.

How would you envision the team management components working with regards to tracking content and feeding back performance information.

Definitely. I've been using airtable for the past 3-4 years. It's one of the best tools I've ever used. I've learned a lot by using it over the years and have gotten to the point where I can build any type of workflow/ data management. It is incredibly versatile. Airtable and Zapier are indispensable to my business processes.

For specifics: I use for many business processes, but one specifically would be content marketing (editorial calendar/keyword & topic research): I export keywords from marketmuse and choose certain topics/keywords from those marketmuse keywords (linked base), and I have a formula in airtable that automatically creates a completed write brief, using data from marketmuse, etc. That one little example alone saves a ton of time.

It's worth noting that I am on a paid plan and for massive lists of keywords (above 50k rows), it is better to just use excel/google sheets.

It's great for linking data. That's airtable's superpower. You can essentially create full-blown applications without knowing how to code, assuming you know how to use airtable. It's worth learning for sure, to even know what you can do with it.

I also use it for various personal applications. For example, I've built a pretty comprehensive zettelkasten system (linking my thoughts/ideas/knowledge) that syncs with a local obsidian vault (airtable -> zapier -> dropbox) for my own knowledge management.

Last edited:
Back