is anyone here using serpwoo?

Degree
the serpwoo reviews seem overly positive but I don't see any affiliate links so I tend to trust them. i sent in a few questions and support got back to me asap. it seems good... i'm just still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger because it seems like there are 10001 things I need to buy as i'm getting started here. (ps can someone make a thread about which tools and things are actually worth buying for a newbie and which stuff we should just do manually for now?

looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on serpwoo. thanks.

It's a game changer, and you should have it. It's really that simple. Compare it to other SaaS things that cost like $100+ and it's really a no-brainer in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for serpwoo, it's nice to actually see some forward movement when it comes to tracking the serps rather than the same thing again and again like everyone else is doing.

I guess I'm not smart enough or deep enough into all of this to understand really what it's for. It's like a really confusing rank tracker to me. I see everyone all over the blogs and forums creaming themselves over it though so I understand its some fault of mine. Anyone care to explain what it's REALLY for?

I see everyone all over the blogs and forums creaming themselves over it though so I understand its some fault of mine. Anyone care to explain what it's REALLY for?

Well, one of the owners of serpwoo is actually a member here so hopefully he'll chime in and give you the 101 elevator pitch to help you see why it's so useful. I assume you've already taken a look at the videos and played around with the demo?

Paging @CCarter

Hey All!

Thanks for the great comments! We're constantly improving SERPWoo and taking things to the next level of reverse engineering, so any feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

I guess I'm not smart enough or deep enough into all of this to understand really what it's for. It's like a really confusing rank tracker to me. I see everyone all over the blogs and forums creaming themselves over it though so I understand its some fault of mine. Anyone care to explain what it's REALLY for?

Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming when first looking at it - that's one of the reasons we give a demo and when you sign up for a free account we input some default projects and keywords for you so you can follow along.

At it's very basic level it tracks the top 20 results for a keyword (one of our early tags was and still is, is we are a 'niche tracker' versus a rank tracker). So lets say you input "Auto Insurance Quote". Similar to a traditional rank tracker, we'll scrape Google daily for your keywords - but this is were we differ. Instead of monitoring your domain, we monitor all top 20 results. Why? So you can see who the movers and shakers are in your niche. Here is an example picture:

SERP-Archives-big.jpg

^^ Notice the SERPs corresponding to their positions. In the above you can see #11 - Nationwide (Dark Red line with triangle symbol) was at at one point #2 on 4/24/2014 until about 5/2/2014, it started dropping. So after you input a keyword, like a rank tracker, you'll start gathering details and then have a nice looking chart like above of what's really going on for your keyword.

We are a reverse engineering tool, so with that in mind, lets say you see a competitor jumping from #19 to #2 overnight - that's something you want to know about. If you were using it for the ORM (Online reputation management aspect), then you would be watching someone ranking for your company's brand - you definitely want to know who the heck is moving from #19 to #2 in your niche for your brand right (or client's brand). In fully enabled mode, you'll get notifications of big movement like that to your email or push notifications when our mobile apps come out.

But let's stick to simply watching what's going on in the top 20 for your results. We then augment that data with 3rd party data like social signals, ahrefs data (yay), moz data, alexa, whois, and more coming soon, in our popup data window as you hover over each URL. So instead of the old days of seeing what each url is doing in terms of ahrefs one by one, a quick view is displayed for you right there. You can checkout each urls' moz's DA/PA, social signals against each other and figure out why certain urls are ranking higher then others.

deep-data.jpg

^^ Notice you see Domain PR 6/10 then URL PR 4/10 and other nice metrics for this url - that data if available, is available for every single URL in the top 20+

We take it a little further with A.I. bots analyzing the data (in fully enabled mode) - and they'll send you notifications when for example your competitor increases his Facebook shares by 40%, and if 2-4 days later that same competitors increases in the SERPs by 5 positions - well then you just figured out some interesting facts jack? No?

Below the main chart, you'll see a display of the top 20+ results, and will be able to do some comparisons there and then even click on a metrics and be taken to ahrefs, majestic, moz, or look up their whois with a click of a button from their respective icons or metrics.

So this gives you an augmented overview of the SERPs - so instead of having to type things in one by one into Google and try to recall whether that competing domain was always #1 or did it just become #1 from #3 four days ago, you have historical data since you started tracking the keyword. You can see if a brand new guy is jumping in, and then quickly look up their stats from 3rd party applications or data we've gathered on your behalf so you can look at how they are ranking.

Going back to the ORM aspect - controlling the top 3 pages is key to all ORMs, right now we showcase top 2 pages and plan on moving to the 3rd page as well in the near future. The key to ORM is being proactive about your marketing and controlling what's showing up in the SERPs for your name. If your personal name is important to you, you definitely want to get alerted if a ripoff report is starting to rise through the SERPs and into the top positions - so we alert you so you don't have to manually view each SERP by yourself.

So a rank tracker it's not - but it's more of an overview to watch, analyze, and for ORM defense against potential problems.

A couple of things to note for quick reference:

#1 - #10 positions have circle symbols.
#11 - #20 have triangles.
#21+ have diamond symbols Unless it's the "View all URLs within view range" then it's a square symbol after.

There is so much that's going on, new features - like we've been able to detect when a Google update is happening by monitoring what we call "pseudo local terms". And volatility rank - heard of mozcast - well we use the same math behind mozcast, but instead of just doing it on a thousand private keywords, we do it based on each keyword, with averages, as well as across all keywords we are monitoring in the global stats AND recently by each country! So now you know if Canada is more volatile then the UK

Screen_Shot_2014_09_19_at_12_17_36_PM.png

co_uk.png

You also have the ability to group your keywords together by whatever reasoning you like - example same niche, and you'll see a volatility score for them as well. So you can see are my local keywords more volatile then my national keywords? What about my jewelry client's keywords versus my own properties. Is the garcina cambogia niches more volatile then the maple syrup niche? (You'll be surprised at what you see).

maple_syrup.jpg

So essentially you have a mozcast for each keyword, each niche, each country, and globally. :wink:

Have you ever seen a manual review happen live? I have, now you can

manual-review-big.jpg

^^ Look at all those URls that stopped ranking on 4/21 - look like they hit a brick wall. Some survived, but I can tell you in "Garcinia Cambogia" there was a rotating manual review every 28 days happening (We did a video on it).

This is beyond "Content is King" SEO - this is the next level of watching closely what Google is doing and studying the top results so you can improve your own rankings and SEO projects.

If you're still a little confused, all you have to do, is get a free account and click on "project wizard" and input 3 of your favorite keywords, can be random ones, and let it sit there collecting data for you for about 3 - 7 days. Come back and then start exploring. At any time if you have any questions just click on the support icon at the top - that goes straight to me - I'm here to help. We're setting up a support forum in the coming weeks, so we'll be helping people one on one, and showing people how to dig deep into the SERPs for gems that you can then reverse engineer and use their strategy, their winning strategy, to rank your properties.

- Sorry for this extra long post, I didn't even get to the filters yet. You can filter results by Alexa, social signals, Pagerank, ahrefs, and more coming soon in the future, so you can see "Do social signals matter for this niche?" - Click the filter and find out...

filter.jpg

Thanks all again for the great compliments, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to leave a comment, I'm here to help!

- P.S. Oh man, I didn't even get to the web 2.0, social platforms, or parasite list, or top Alexa 30K winners and losers. (Find out new properties moving into top Alexa traffic space and leak those suckers!)

- Amazon is a more powerful parasite then yellowpages - wat, wat? :wink:

- P.P.S - Oh man, I forgot about the SERP Sightings...

Screen_Shot_2014_08_28_at_3_24_47_PM.png

^^ Look, that's a parasite that has MORE top 10 positions then top 11-15 and top 16-20 positions - That's a property that's overbossing the SERPs - how about you jump on that property and create a profile or use it as a web 2.0 property to parasite rank your money site? Wat - what does that even mean? Don't worry, tutorials are coming out soon to explain exactly what I mean.

First time I've heard of it... Holy shit... talk about dedication. You have just earned yourself a new subscriber.

fe91a3dc38b1981226c5c025fc759674.jpg

I'm not sure that I'm ready for something like this, but I just read about it and learned more in one post than I have in years of reading forums. wow. lots to think about now. I'm going to have to try the demo for my one main site I have left and see if I can ninja my way up

I'm using Serpwoo, and I can definitely recommend it. While I'm not going to "blow my load" over it, it does have significant value, and so far it does some things I have yet to see available anywhere else. There are a lot of rank trackers out there, but this one acts as sort of a force multiplier to let you reverse engineer the SERPs at a glance, and very quickly. I can't state the importance, of quickly, enough. All of the data Serpwoo provides can be manually pulled, much of it with free accounts (with limits) from each of those data sources, but that takes a significant amount of time, and time is MONEY. IMO, the quick visualizations and supporting metrics make it a no-brainer if you're going after competitive niches. That time you're wasting manually pulling data is time the competition is spending building links and content.

As a newbie, this might not always be the absolute first place that you should definitely start, as there may be plenty of other areas that demand focus, and maybe a simple rank tracker will do all you really need for the time being. That being said, it's freakin $20 a month right now. That is damn cheap for what it is. :wink:

I think what would be very worthwhile for people to do is to have a cheapo primary rank tracker for simple keyword tracking in volume. Especially if you develop a sizable list of long tail keywords to target, you may want to track hundreds of keywords or more. Most simple trackers are either free to $15-20+/mth. Pro Rank Tracker is a good option I've been happy with. Then combine that with Serpwoo for the more serious keywords you're targeting, so you can reverse engineer those SERPs, learn the nature of what's ranking, how, and saving a significant amount of time doing so. It's way too easy to get bogged down with paralysis by analysis when it comes to diagnosing performance in competitive SERPs, so anything that saves time and improves efficiency is a big win IMO.

I have been using SERPwoo from DAY 1 ( Like literally , i think i am one of their first few subscribers ) . It make me look like a big deal when I close clients with all the fancy yet ready-to-to-take-action-on stats . SEO have always been about reverse engineering competition and it helps me do that . Its CC's/Eliquid's product .I think that says it all.

Back