Is adsense still worth putting on a site?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Thoughts? (Not in super high CPC niches)

It can be for research.

Put it on your site, then look at what is showing over and over again.

Once you figure that out, become an affiliate of the same/similar product or design your own and collect higher payouts.

I use to have a paintball adsense site. I noticed a lot of ads went to "gear" for paintball peeps, so I changed it over to ebay/amazon affiliate site. Made more money....

Then I developed my own paintball ebook guide and sold it on the site via paypal and made even more revenue. I got this idea from one of the adsense ads.

Doing both raised my revenue a lot compared to just having adsense alone.

Nowadays, AdSense shows personalized ads more often than not. So instead of showing paintball - related gear because you are on a paintball site, it shows you stuff you've looked at.
(I get ads for IDEs, servers, etc.. regardless what site I am on)

So if you must, use AdSense for the start, then move away from AdCents as soon as possible. Think about what stuff would be interesting for your audience, then use direct sources or amazon, etc..

It can be for research.

Put it on your site, then look at what is showing over and over again.

Once you figure that out, become an affiliate of the same/similar product or design your own and collect higher payouts.

I use to have a paintball adsense site. I noticed a lot of ads went to "gear" for paintball peeps, so I changed it over to ebay/amazon affiliate site. Made more money....

Then I developed my own paintball ebook guide and sold it on the site via paypal and made even more revenue. I got this idea from one of the adsense ads.

Doing both raised my revenue a lot compared to just having adsense alone.
Nowadays, AdSense shows personalized ads more often than not. So instead of showing paintball - related gear because you are on a paintball site, it shows you stuff you've looked at.

So if you must, use AdSense for the start, then move away from AdCents as soon as possible. Think about what stuff would be interesting for your audience, then use direct sources or amazon, etc..
Lets say you have 3 banner ad spots, would you use different products for each spot? or create 3 banners with the same product?

I threw it up on my blog roll posts last week. It's worth the $3-$5 a day from info pages while I focus on ranking my commercial pages outside the blog roll. Eventually, I'll focus on getting more $$$ out of those info pages.... but Adsense is fine for now.

You can opt-out of Interest Based Ads in order to achieve the goal @eliquid is talking about.

You can opt-out for:
Thoughts? (Not in super high CPC niches)
Adsense is great, but it's bottom barrel monetization. If there is another option, it's probably higher paying if you optimize it. CPC display ads only ask for a click from your visitors. The only easier method is CPM, which doesn't even ask for a click, just a view, and most of the time advertisers aren't tracking visibility either and are just eating it, so the ad doesn't ever be seen, just loaded.

I went full time many moons ago exclusively on Adsense. If you have a content-based site, there's likely a role for it somewhere in there.

Adsense is worth it when you have content that isn't easily monetized otherwise. For instance, I have a section of my main site that exists solely to collect links, social shares, and interlink up to my earning pages. There's a lot of these posts. I've got Adsense and some CPM ads going on them, sucking out an easy extra $200-250 a month. In the right niche that could be $2,000-2,500.

Whenever I hear "is Adsense still worth it or can you really make $$ with it" type questions I like to point them to this.. I've watched Scott (Viral Nova) from the very beginning when he started with just a few basic MFA sites -- he has always used it for every major website. He has had multiple 7-figure exits..

Yes, the CPC will vary depending on your content and topic but as a lone wolf it's really one of the best, hands-off and worry-free monetization methods (Google never pays late). If you are trying to build something by yourself, focus on the content, outreach and getting targeted traffic. You don't want to waste your time and become a bill-collector and chase down your paycheck all the time.

pfg0htq.png

Adsense sucks imo because it takes the visitors away from your website more often than not.

I make $4RPM on AdSense, not to mention other ad networks on my site + affiliate...no plans to stop it.

Is that per page impression or per ad impression RPM?

Well done, sir.

Thanks, sir. I am testing AdThrive later this month to see if I can beat my current stack. I think a $10RPM will be attainable

Interesting. Do you still follow AH?

I have never followed AH, just used as a supplement. I'm friends w/ the guys who made it so always admire and appreciate their work.

Back