Is a blog a requirement?

Degree
I'm preparing to launch a product. I've already gotten feedback from the target market, and it was outstanding.

I had initially planned on having a blog alongside the lander, sales page, and autoresponder, but now I'm wondering if it's actually a requirement.

I'm lacking sleep this week, so when I sat down to start writing the blog posts, I realized the same level of quality I put into everything else wasn't there. I started thinking it was going to end up costing me sales, because the visitors would assume the same level of quality would be in the product, itself.

In your experience, is a blog necessary? I mean, ClickBank sales letters don't have them.

I'm planning on running FB ads to it, and then getting down on some outreach again. Just curious if I need to suck it up and get the posts written, or if I should start focusing on getting the ads running?

No but there are plenty of ad networks that require non-sales content as the lander after the click. So depending on who you're running with, you might have to build a funnel using the blog or better yet, a handful of authority articles. 5 of the best you can muster, that heavily interlink with each other and push people to the sales lander. Sidebar with all of the articles plus the product lander again and again.

What types of ad networks are you talking about? Right now, the only avenue I've thought about pursuing is Facebook.

The product is for freelancers, are there ad networks I could be tapping into for cheaper traffic than what FB will deliver? Outside of Adwords and Bing, it's the only network I'm aware of -- new to the advertising game, always focused on SEO.

There's native ad networks as well, such as:
  • RevContent
  • Outbrain
  • Taboola
And a boatload of others like it. There's Instagram (through Facebook's ad platform), Twitter, BuySellAds can get you placed on forums, blogs, and authority sites on a CPM basis, etc. Lots out there!

QztvcvL.gif

This might help: The True Purpose of Your Blog

What traffic sources, if you don't mind telling me, are you using for your landing pages?

That's a big no no question in my books :cool: . I'll add couple networks to the list provided here:

Hashtag Ads
AOL Gravity

But I'll tell you when comes to buying traffic, it's all about how you can make said traffic source work for the offer and angle used. Cheap source of traffic does not always mean conversions - tread carefully...

Thanks CCarter, reading it now.

That's a big no no question in my books :cool: . I'll add couple networks to the list provided here:

Hashtag Ads
AOL Gravity

But I'll tell you when comes to buying traffic, it's all about how you can make said traffic source work for the offer and angle used. Cheap source of traffic does not always mean conversions - tread carefully...

That's always been the general consensus, don't ask, don't tell. Putting together the other pieces of the puzzle isn't as hard for me as figuring out the traffic part of the equation. Traffic is where I fall on my face.

@jayk ...The other easy way to approach this is just buy traffic where your perfect customer hangout. What I mean here is do not limit yourself to ad networks. You can buy traffic directly from sites , forums, portals etc.. that tailor directly to your audience for a small ad placement (Media buy). But as @CCarter always mentions, the whole internet is your traffic source..

If you feel buying traffic is your weak link and have a strong offer, why don't you partner with someone who is strong at it?

@jayk ...The other easy way to approach this is just buy traffic where your perfect customer hangout. What I mean here is do not limit yourself to ad networks. You can buy traffic directly from sites , forums, portals etc.. that tailor directly to your audience for a small ad placement (Media buy). But as @CCarter always mentions, the whole internet is your traffic source..

If you feel buying traffic is your weak link and have a strong offer, why don't you partner with someone who is strong at it?

As far as where they hang out -- primarily on Facebook. There are a bunch of blogs, but they don't sell advertising, only run affiliate promotions. I'm planning on targeting them to get them to help, once I have data to give them.

Could you lend me some insight into how I would go about finding a traffic partner?

I partnered with a guy in 2008 and we built a nice portfolio of EMDs, but all he did was throw money at it, and I built everything, managed the team, and made sure we kept growing.

I tried JV'ing with a couple people on the WarriorForum a while back, but they knew about as much as I did, so I'd pretty much written it off.

I've also got the assumption in my head (probably wrong, admittedly) that they only work in the mainstream verticals -- dating, weight loss, etc -- so they wouldn't be interested in my offer.

Then there's my own stubbornness. Since I don't know how to do it, I want to know how to do it even more. There haven't been many things in my life that haven't come easy, so it frustrates me that building traffic doesn't come easy, and makes me want to figure it out.

Last edited:
Dude!...Post it on the Human Resources section of BUSO with all the details for members to take you seriously and make them an offer they can not refuse. If no traction, use a freelance site like upwork and hire someone from there. I have not used this site personally but it does have couple gigs that might help you under paid ads take a look...http://www.growthgeeks.com/gigs/.

I'm writing up a proposal now, didn't think about the HR department.

I've had a BuSo member I've been working for, for the last few months, reach out to me and ask to see it. Hopeful for something to come to fruition from it.

Last edited:
Back