Introductions Thread

The fool of a took... maybe he'll throw himself in next time and rid us of his stupidity.

Thanks for the hefty introduction and timeline on your adventure there and back again. You've accumulated a lot of actionable information and can see how putting it to work already led to an uplift in traffic in the March update. Getting your existing content up to snuff with optimized headers and title tags and all that will make a big difference over time too. Everything you're doing sounds good to me, and you're doing it in the right orders too (macro before micro).
Ha, yes. I'd give a like to the reply, but couldn't find the like button. Maybe it's the three posts rule? Thanks for the macro before micro feedback. The original post rewrites have led to more new supporting posts, which link to and from the main article. Sometimes 1 main post has sprouted 4 supporting posts in one rewrite. So I'm glad the macro changes are done because it would have gotten pushed back otherwise. The updates are pretty slow going, but no new images need to be edited or taken on the subject. This saves some time in the update. When this revamp is done, I'm getting Korean bbq and it's going to be glorious. But no grilled pork or second breakfast until it's done.

A close friend recommended this community to me, and after browsing through some engaging posts, I'm excited to become an active participant. Here's a brief introduction about myself and my current ventures:

Ongoing projects:
  • Managing search marketing for 5 clients through cold calling and referrals
  • Operating 10 niche websites, supported by a full-time content writer
  • Employed as a search marketing manager in the B2B sector
Goals/aspirations: I aim to reach $8k in profit with my ecommerce stores, or possibly less, before leaving my full-time job. My plan is to streamline the client work, and then further invest in my niche websites. I am also intrigued by the idea of exploring SaaS in the future. Flipping websites is another option I'm considering, but I'll see how things unfold.

Expectations from this community: I'm primarily seeking accountability and constructive feedback. I might also share case studies to achieve both objectives. Let's see how it goes!

Hello, I'm an apprentice carpenter from Melbourne, Australia. One day while shopping for tools, I had the idea to create a price comparison and review website specifically for tools. The website would allow us to keep track of cool statistics on brands, tools and prices. So that's what I did. I've always played around with Python, so I created a couple of scrapers that would scrape data from tool sellers' websites and aggregate them onto a central database. Once I managed to do that, I learned WordPress and created a WordPress website as the front end to the database. Since starting the website, I've received great feedback from the trades community. Pretty much everyone I mention the website to ends up loving the idea. However, I cannot say the same thing about Google. Google seems to hate my website. I've written more than 30-40 informative blog articles containing real information that I gained while working as a carpenter, but none of my blogs are getting ranked. I'm hoping that this is the Google sandbox effect and that I'll be out of it soon! A friend on Reddit recently told me about this forum and told me I could learn a thing or two about seo here!

Hi, I'm AuthorityChad.

I've been building and selling authority sites since 2013. Always excited to talk with other people who are doing the same.

Hi Guys/Gals,

I started my journey over 15 years ago! Way back in the Wild Wild West!

I built my first Niche site in 2008 on Microsoft ASP then moved it to .Net, this was when WP was starting out. (By trade I was a Full Stack Developer).

This site has generated over $50K in its lifetime and for historic reasons, I keep it running, even though I haven't touched it in 5+ years.

Interest facts about this site
- It's on a .org
- It's got a hyphen in it
- Wasn't built on WP

Right now, it makes around $50 a year if I am lucky! I still get a trickle of traffic!

To be honest when I started with Niche Website, I didn't know WTF I was doing! Most times it was just churning content and implementing what I heard people were doing in webmasterworld.

That site, led to me building a few more sites while working in my corporate job.
I left the corporate world in 2013 after 12 years of climbing the ladder (I think) after my income from niche websites surpassed my corporate job.

After leaving my job, I scaled my empire to around 10 sites (learned WP) and owned over 100 domains (future plans) lol. For those who remember Exact domain match was the rage back then. WTF was branding, right?

And as I was just reaching new highs in revenue I was wiped out overnight by Google Updates. It was one of the Animal Updates. Penguin or Panda. Who knows.

Quite devasting, years of work down the drain. All my sites were down bad, revenue was close to zero!
To be honest, this led to a mid-life crisis and some unfortunately personal things.

It is what it is.

After a few circles around the wilderness and two more failed businesses, funny how things work, it has led me back to building Content Sites!

These days you can call me a Freelancer/Consultant with a dozen side hustles/projects.

You guessed it, one of the Projects - Build a Web Publishing Business/Niche Websites and revenue.
Looking to start grinding it out again!

Cheers
N

To be honest when I started with Niche Website, I didn't know WTF I was doing! Most times it was just churning content and implementing what I heard people were doing in webmasterworld.
Good to see someone else from the older days of WMW. I remember the horror that went through the WMW private members' forum when GoogleGuy (didn't know him as Matt Cutts back then) made his first post back there. :surprised::(

Good to see someone else from the older days of WMW. I remember the horror that went through the WMW private members' forum when GoogleGuy (didn't know him as Matt Cutts back then) made his first post back there. :surprised::(
Haha yes, the good old days!

Every time Matt C. made a post, I had that dreaded thought - here we go again!

Hey All -
My background is SEO. I started publishing content websites 15+ years ago, and have 3 at this point.

The oldest does well - makes enough to pay the mortgage in a large US city with a mix of advertising and affiliate links. It used to do better but 2-3 lucrative affiliates got hit bad during covid and have never recovered. I'm still looking for replacements - but slim pickings for its particular niche.

The next-oldest is the star right now - almost totally affiliate income, but I'll move to ads and maybe products if it ever suffers the fate of #1.

The youngest is much neglected and earns just pennies, but traffic has been building. It's basically insurance for the other two.

I learn a lot from this forum - glad to be here!

Hey guys,

jgw899 here, I guess I've been a member here since Sep 29, 2015 and am just deciding to post here now. I believe I found builder society through a link/local SEO provider a long time back, and used to lurk around here as well as some of the other internet marketing forums. Mostly I just use them to read other people's opinions and spend a bunch of money on various SEO and internet marketing services.

I'm from California, but have been living in Costa Rica for the last 10 years. I'm married with a few step children and like to surf, fight MMA, do Muay Thai and live a very mellow life while mostly keeping to myself and minding my own business.

I do lead generation in a few different niches, and internet marketing is what fuels our business. Mainly SEO and this is what I focus on. I've watched SEO change so much over the years, I've gone from handling all our SEO myself to outsourcing it for years and back to doing things myself again. One of my mantras when it comes to SEO in a competitive niche is that doing nothing/not being aggressive enough will get you nowhere, what works today might be Google's next penalty tomorrow, and any penalty can be fixed with enough hard work.

Most who have worked with me in the past knows that I'm easy to work with and am a good client. Treat me well and provide value, I'll be forever thankful.

I probably won't add too much value to discussions as I don't consider myself an expert in this stuff, but I am a good judge of value when it comes to different relationships. I'll probably mostly use this site to spend $$$$ and learn from various members.

Thanks for having me here. I look forward to perusing the site.

@Ryuzaki BTW -- this was me who sent you an email this morning :smile:

Hello everybody!

Some time ago, I randomly reached out to a successful affiliate marketer I stumbled upon on Facebook. I basically asked him how to get started, and he suggested this forum and crash course as the perfect starting point. This forum is absolutely fantastic!

I've been working as a web developer/designer since 2015, so I do have some basic SEO knowledge, but let's face it, it's mostly a gray area for me at the moment. I've made up my mind to create a side hustle site that I can monetize and learn SEO during the process.

A big shoutout and thanks to all the amazing folks here!

Hi All

Glad to be part of the community and there's so much to learn from you guys.

I've been doing internet marketing ever since I was a teenager.

I started an SEO agency a few years back which did well but unfortunately, things went south quickly with a bad business partner.

Anyways, no point looking back.

My aim now it to focus on my authority site and build up a brand in the coming years.

Hi there folks, hope you're all having a wonderful day/nigh

I'm new here, you can call me LilYeger. Looking forwards to exploring the forum

Hi people!

I was recommended to this forum by a couple of my friends / clients. I signed up a few months back but this is my first post. I am a freelance Graphic designer from the UK and have been designing for over 15 years in all different areas of design.

Having used various other forums over the years its possible I already know some of you guys! Looking forward to getting to know the forum better, improving my knowledge and also offering some of my own knowledge, experience & services!

Hello,

I'm a Filipina living in Belgium and have a site I want to revive after it crashed several times since last September.

I hope to find some answers here about how I best go about it. :smile:

Hi, I’m from Singapore. Working on my niche site for more than 2 years. Just quit my job to focus on my website. Look forward to learn and connect with like-minded people.

By the way, is there anyone from Singapore as well? Would love to connect and learn together

Hello All -

I'm modu, I found this forum while searching for more information on Affiliate marketing and SEO.

I'm age 30 and currently work in IT, now that most discussion is contained in places like reddit, FB and YT, its a breathe of fresh air to find an active forum with useful discussion and guidance. When I was young I used BB and IPB forums often so it gives some nostalgia.

I tried creating a tech blog right before the pandemic started, I worked on it for about a month before I started a new job and kind of abandoned it.

I was getting roughly ~300 views per month after a month of writing some articles, but decided to just ditch it and let the domain expire.

Recently I have decided to give it another go. I created a new blog and domain in a separate niche and have been working on it with human assisted chatGPT. I have also registered my old domain for the tech blog and will try to work on rebuilding that once I get my current project ramped up.

My goal is to eventually get to to earning some money. I think $1k a month is fair starting goal and ill keep setting new goals as I reach them.

Anyways its good to be here and get rid of lurker status. I apologize in advance for any nooby questions :D but hoping I can add to the discussions on here.

Hi everyone. Real name is Eric I haven’t done much online until recently (my background is sales). I started a couple of years back looking at semantic seo and have been working on my own system since then. Didn’t get Koray’s course but have listened and read all his stuff.

I found this forum through a Kyle Roof interview where he mentioned the avalanche technique and I am trying to get my head around that.

I don’t understand social media but I am looking into Reddit that seems more like a forum than a photo gallery.

From lurking it looks an interesting place.

I am currently building 5 website as test sites/proof on concept for my take on Semantic Seo. They each have mixed monetisation on them as I like to diversify.

Ideally I want to get to 50k a year online as quick as possible so that I can work from home and spend more time with the family. Kids grow up so quick.

Anyway hi

Hello, I will soon begin studying to be a web developer and while I'm really interested in the subject, I have no plans to take an office job when I'm done.

I have never liked the thought of working for the sole purpose of making someone else richer and I believe that in order to become successful by my standards, you can't be an employee.

While I'm not yet sure what I'll build, it is really inspiring to read all these posts!

Heyo, Posting here to say hello finally...I signed up here forever ago but never ended up posting.

I found my way here from wickedfire, the best gay webmaster forum to ever exist on the internet. I'd found wickedfire as a result of developing a couple of my own products and needing to learn how to market them online, cerca 2007-2009, and getting fed up with the mickey mouse nonsense on warriorforum and the like.

That led to affiliate moneys, which led to client services, all of which led to passive income, which led to me selling all my shit and traveling the world.

Fast-forward to now after traveling to more than 30 countries and living in a half dozen over the last ten years I live in Portugal, speak the language, married to a Portuguese girl, have a place in the city and a place in the country, do some consulting for small digital business owners and trade forex. None of which was in the blueprint in my 20s. Keep yourself open for anything you young'uns, you never know what's coming next.

Heyo, Posting here to say hello finally...I signed up here forever ago but never ended up posting.

I found my way here from wickedfire, the best gay webmaster forum to ever exist on the internet. I'd found wickedfire as a result of developing a couple of my own products and needing to learn how to market them online, cerca 2007-2009, and getting fed up with the mickey mouse nonsense on warriorforum and the like.

That led to affiliate moneys, which led to client services, all of which led to passive income, which led to me selling all my shit and traveling the world.

Fast-forward to now after traveling to more than 30 countries and living in a half dozen over the last ten years I live in Portugal, speak the language, married to a Portuguese girl, have a place in the city and a place in the country, do some consulting for small digital business owners and trade forex. None of which was in the blueprint in my 20s. Keep yourself open for anything you young'uns, you never know what's coming next.
Warriorforum was always fun for the wrong reasons. Really went downhill when it changed hands a good few years back.

Warriorforum was always fun for the wrong reasons. Really went downhill when it changed hands a good few years back.

Luckily I wasn't there long...I distinctly remember in a thread someone saying something like, well that strategy might fly over at a place like wickedfire but here we try to follow the rules and take the high road...say no more, thanks for the clarification.

Hey Everyone,
I found this forum when Kyle Roofe was speaking about Avalanche Theory on some podcast on youtube. I was able to go through a few threads so far and I ask myself why didn't I find this forum earlier.
That being said my name is Zeeshan and I'm a digital marketer who loves helping businesses grow online. When I say, Love, I mean it. I have been in business for the last decade and the majority of my businesses thrived due to my marketing skills with the current shift in technology I decided why not move into the Digital Marketing space and the shift has been quick because I was into web development since 2009.
Right now I'm working with some awesome businesses around the world and their success makes me happy.
Looking forward to connecting with more like-minded people and receiving more knowledge from the experts.

Hi guys,
My name is Jason and I am sort of new to automated site building, especially with AI. I have been learning how to create good quality content with AI lately and I have been enjoying it. Looking forward to sharing with and learning from you guys!

Hi guys, ive been doing SEO as a hobby for over 10 years. Not so good as I still have a day job but i'm getting better and hope to quit my day job in 2-3 years time if things continue to get better!

Back