Introductions Thread

I personally wouldn't even worry about velocity, especially when it's outreach links and the sort. Velocity seemed to matter when people were building 10,000 links a week, etc. These days I don't worry about it at all.

I may get 5 links a week, but they're multiples stronger than the 10k automated ones added together, won't get me penalized, and I don't have to worry about velocity. Sounds like you're doing it "right," the way I would do it. If you can keep getting contextual links on real sites, I would focus all of my link building efforts on that.

Oh man Prestashop looks pretty sweet. I'll have to try it out. I'm currently using WordPress + WooCommerce. I'm semi-skilled at coding so I'd like to build my own site from the ground up at some point. But for now, I'm just trying to learn the ropes and Wordpress is fast and easy. :D

I got a small shop running in WooCommerce.

Easy enough, free, all good.

Making my way through the Crash course currently whilst trying not to get too distracted with all the other goodies in this forum. I have been among the peasants my whole life but always felt like I was adopted or something. Looking to push myself to new levels above peasantry.

I can code a bit and have past experience with website building and content creation but like many others.. I never saw it thru to true glory. Looking to get back into the game but this time around make Google my sidechick instead of my bottom bitch.

And finally, how the hell was my username not taken in this forum?

"What About Bob!?!?"

Welcome aboard the cruiseliner BuSo, first and only stop, Valhalla!

Did you see much success in your past efforts? What was that focused on, monetization wise, etc? Where do you think you're headed next?

"What About Bob!?!?"

Welcome aboard the cruiseliner BuSo, first and only stop, Valhalla!

Did you see much success in your past efforts? What was that focused on, monetization wise, etc? Where do you think you're headed next?

Glad to be aboard! I have read, bookmarked, printed and framed many of your posts already @Ryuzaki

Never got to the $x,xxx a month level but learned a lot so it was successful in sweat/tear equity.
I have monetized with Adsense and affiliate networks with entertainment/news style blogs in the past (one man wrecking crew). Dabbled with PPC and Facebook ads but traffic mainly from SEO and social. Looking back I feel like I just got into the niche and ran with it, bull in a china shop style.

This time around I plan on spending quite a bit more time on niche direction, market research, and competitive analysis before I get wild. Traffic leaks, better email marketing, and better PPC are things I am very interested in to learn more as well.

Future goals... build mobile apps/games, SaaS maybe, world domination, paid advertising master.

Whats your specialty?

Prestashop and Opencart are good especially if you have over like 10 products. All of them are free. My first experience with ecommerce was using one of these free carts. Now I'm using Volusion/BigCommerce/Shopify.

Wordpress with Woo Commerce is awesome if you don't have a huge amount of products.

----

I stumbled onto this forum a few years back when WickedFire was dying and I was on sites like BlackHatUnderground and BHW. That died and I landed here and another forum.

I've had about 8 years of experience in marketing specifically Ecommerce/ SEO / PPC / Paid Traffic Sources. Got my first start in internet money with youtube comments for a cam site from reading a tutorial on BHW. Then it just kinda blew up from there from just testing everything myself. I've done over 8 figures in Ecommerce Revenue and dabbled in a little bit on the Affiliate Marketing side. I've kinda stumbled off the last year just burning out and lack of motivation ( getting comfortable I guess ). At the moment I have a few sites making some money but not as much as I was doing before. Goals for this year would mainly be to get some sites that are making like $50/mo and to grow them into 4 figure per month sites. I'll journal it.

Hi

So I only recently heard of this forum after going to Wickedfire for the first time in a couple of years, noticed it was dead and saw a mention of this site.

I see quite a few of the regulars from there have migrated across.

I've known about this internet marketing stuff for years but never really done anything about it, I have decided that I have wasted enough time and need to jump in right now and just do something. Really at the end of the day I'm just a peasant with a very basic understanding of what this stuff is about but little to no actual experience.

Plan going forward is to do the crash course, then just pick something and start grinding away, while mostly lurking here and trying to learn as much as I can by osmosis. I'm glad I found this place, reading forums like Wafo or DP used to just piss me off due to the incessant spammy one line posts. I've always been a quality over quantity type.

Anyway, here's my intro, I'll be doing more reading than posting for a while but hope to stick around, If I have any questions I'll ask them.

The usual reasons that cause 99% of people to not be successful. Can read about them here or anywhere else, 1,000's of articles have been written on the topic. But just a few off the top of my head.

• Fear of failure
  • Fear of success
  • Having kids
  • Distractions
  • Lack of Motivation
  • Comfort (not rolling in money but had enough to get by comfortably with little effort)
etc etc.

Lately however, the feeling that I have been wasting my life and my potential is becoming unbearable. It's time to do something about it and build a better future for myself and my family.

I thought having kids was a motivator? Got to put food in their mouths etc.

@doublethinker wickedfire.com

Used to be a good forum until the forum owner decided to make it all paid and removed all mods (and most prominent members) from their mod status.

At the same time, all good content was moved behind a paywall.

now:
Q8gLV.gif

I thought having kids was a motivator? Got to put food in their mouths etc.

They were and still are well fed, clothed and have a roof over their heads. There is money coming in, it's just not via internet marketing at the moment, but it's not as much as I'd like it to be.

@JJ Eliott What is this Wicked Fire thing that so many veterans here speak of?

See darkzero's response, I wasn't a regular or well known there, mostly a lurker and occasional poster, the forum is still there but it's a ghost of what it used to be.

Hello Builders!

I'm ssura and I'm just another Canadian that happened to stumble upon this little hidden gem in the vast ocean that is the internet.

I've only recently got into this whole Internet Marketing thing and had a little taste of this life. I had a YouTube channel in the street fighting niche that recently just got terminated.. but I did manage to make enough for a payout!

Just need to add in my bank account and cash that cheque.

Other then the Digital Crash Course, I really don't know where to start. At the very least, I thought I'd say hello. :smile:

Welcome!

That's pretty funny about the payouts. I find myself in similar situations where I'll test out an ad network and get far enough along that I should at least get the payout. Starts as a fun game and ends as a compulsion.

The Crash Course is truthfully the best starting point to get a bird's eye view of the playing field. And then the next step is to go for it and get one round under your belt. Don't even worry about trying to hit a homerun or a grand slam, just get through the whole process once. You'll learn more from those two steps than you will from any guru or ebook.

Then it's a matter of going at it again and applying what you learned and leaving out the bad parts. And then ultimately you'll really know what you're doing and it'll be all about scaling to the moon.

Good luck and catch you around the forum.

Welcome!

That's pretty funny about the payouts. I find myself in similar situations where I'll test out an ad network and get far enough along that I should at least get the payout. Starts as a fun game and ends as a compulsion.

The Crash Course is truthfully the best starting point to get a bird's eye view of the playing field. And then the next step is to go for it and get one round under your belt. Don't even worry about trying to hit a homerun or a grand slam, just get through the whole process once. You'll learn more from those two steps than you will from any guru or ebook.

Then it's a matter of going at it again and applying what you learned and leaving out the bad parts. And then ultimately you'll really know what you're doing and it'll be all about scaling to the moon.

Good luck and catch you around the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome @Ryuzaki!

Playing around with Adsense definitely brought out my competitive side. I wanted my video to be the bests ones where I was sharing them. I think after a while some people did prefer mine over others.

I've been reading over the crash course. Day 1 has me pumped like I just took a 200mg of caffeine. I'm trying to decide on a vertical, but I'm having a tough time finding one that fits all three points of the diagram you mentioned.

2circles.jpg

Like you mentioned, I shouldn't expect to hit a home run on my first swing. I'm thinking I should try something I'm passionate about instead. For example something like health but more specific like stretching or even posture.. hell even another YT channel, but this time not in a frowned upon vertical.

Oh boy decisions, decision.

where are you from in OZ, JJ Eliott? i spent a year in wollongong back in the mid-90s, lots of time up in sydney, roadtripped up the coast to cairns and back, and a few weeks in the rough bush up in darwin, checking out the freshies on lilos & feeding the wild dingoes our leftover breakfast by hand. loved that joint, hated to leave.

The usual reasons that cause 99% of people to not be successful. Can read about them here or anywhere else, 1,000's of articles have been written on the topic. But just a few off the top of my head.

• Fear of failure
  • Fear of success
  • Having kids
  • Distractions
  • Lack of Motivation
  • Comfort (not rolling in money but had enough to get by comfortably with little effort)
etc etc.

Lately however, the feeling that I have been wasting my life and my potential is becoming unbearable. It's time to do something about it and build a better future for myself and my family.
Welcome!
Fellow Aussie here, can relate to everything you've said!

Yo! Another Aussie here mate. Where are you? I'm about 6 hours north of Sydney.

Hi I am new. I am looking forward to learning from the people here. Please give me some likes so that I can advance my priviledge's on my account.

I am excited to be a part of this community. I hope that I receive the guidance and expertise that I have been looking for. Thanks

What are you looking to learn? What guidance do you need? What's your experience so far?

Welcome to the forum!

When you use a name that climbs to the top of mountains and screams "I'm here to sell something" and then pretty much confirm that by saying:

I hope that I receive the guidance and expertise that I have been looking for

Sorry, no like here. How about starting over and seeing what you might have to offer before telling everyone you're basically here to take.

Last edited:
Back