Introductions Thread

in october it made $10, november $150, december $800, and this month it is on target for over $1500.

Hell yeah. That's the exponential growth most people don't stick around long enough to experience.

Welcome to the forum, you'll fit in just nicely :evil:

Thank you! I just thought I see alot of posts on forums about journeys and its great fun reading some of them - but rarely see any of these outside the forums - who knows maybe some of us need to take them to the larger networks (fb/instagram) and a wider audience. Again, may not be popular but worth a shot plus it keeps me in check with my progress by having to track my earnings day-to-day and keep others motivated.
Signed up for IG and gave you a follow. I actually think this will be quite motivating

@James664 Can you share some info on your site? I see it's monetized with Amazon.

Was the domain new, or new to you?
How much content do you have on the site?
Was the keyword a breakout new topic or an older established one?

For sure (without mentioning the niche or industry)

- brand new domain, bought in september 2017
- If theres a tool where I can measure it in 1 click I will do it - but at a rough estimation would be ~50k words (with 3-4 larger articles with at least 3k words)
- one of my main keywords, yes. all of my other keywords, no they are established
- heres a picture of my weekly growth for this site (apologies if it doesn't work) - this is from early september to last week.

Hey am the newest lurker (three weeks of lurking) thought it was time to get more active. I have been doing internet marketing on and off for about a year and two months now. Not seen much progress though I killed it with some Black Friday strategy I got from Glen Allsop's Viperchill. Anyhow I am now making about a $100 a month well at least this January I did. I am hoping to get to $1000 before the end of the year and 10 times that by 2020 who knows, I have seen a lot of guyz experience exponential growth in IM.

Anyhow, great to be here.

Hi everyone, my name is Ben. I stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago and have found the discussion to be really good quality. So I decided to dip my toe in.

I have been building an Amazon site for about a year now and it is currently doing just over $2000 per month. It's been a bit of a slog so my main area of interest is systems and automation as I want to really ramp up site creation.

Anyway. Thanks for reading and I look forward to have something useful to say soon.

Welcome Ben - great progress for a year, looking forward to seeing you around!

Hola People,

As already mentioned in the "The Bragging Thread" I make all my coins with paid traffic, moved to HK a few years ago and hired a couple of media buyers to make my business a lot more hands-off.

Noticed this community is a lot about SEO, Website Flipping and all that but I will hopefully be able to provide some input for those that want to venture in paid traffic. ~ Fastlane kinda money

Sucker for reading case-studies, seeing the process and all that good stuff which also prompted me to join this community and possibly drop some knowledge to return the favour for the good reads.

See you around!

Read your previous posts. 200-500% ROI over a period of one year? Almost unbelievable.
Congrats on your success.

So what do you do nowadays? Are you looking for any kind of partnership?

Read your previous posts. 200-500% ROI over a period of one year? Almost unbelievable.
Congrats on your success.

So what do you do nowadays? Are you looking for any kind of partnership?

Cheers!

That rev was for less than 3 months but we are pulling those ROIs for quit some time now, correct.

ROIs like that on FB are far from unbelievable which is why I always recommend FB as your main traffic source, even if it's not the easiest entry point for most.

~ Getting over the burden of bans, account farming etc will pay off. (Can't stress this enough)

Currently scaling out the market we are in by both expending our team and finding more advertisers that can handle our traffic. We are also looking to venture into new markets that have been showing potential and obviously keep pushing new angles to avoid drying up our current campaigns.

In most cases I will look @ market caps. The whole starting out with 100 lead caps is something I stopped bothering with a long time ago. So it's a matter of finding the right "niche" where you find advertisers with deep pockets and high ROI potential. (Pretty much most of the ones I listed in one of my other post)

Besides that I am always on the look out to invest in something that actually focusses on building assets. Currently in the process of buying shares in a mobile app company that lines up perfectly with what we are pushing right now. Very interesting market and the potential sell-out could be huge with Chinese investors always on the hunt.

But right now the money is just WAY to good to really invest my time elsewhere as we are soon nearing 7 figures monthly, which you simply are not going to find somewhere else. (Not without a long term plan at least) On top of that I am 28 years old and still have plenty of grind left in me to build as much funds possible to set myself up for proper assets in the future.

Wouldn't mind potential partnerships where I can let the money do the work such as really brand-able domains with content-rich properties. Actually bidding on the domain KUALA.com right now and potentially turning this into a travel/tourist venture for Kuala Lumpur. (Nothing mind blowing or revenue potential breaking but seems like a fun project if outsources properly, and could see it do well in the long run)

Similar projects like that certainly interest me and it seems pretty hands-off once you get a good structure going.

Welcome and amazing achievement! Your main traffic sources are Facebook, Google Adwords, and Mobile, right? Also are you in many niches/verticals, or you focus on 1-2 verticals?

Welcome and amazing achievement! Your main traffic sources are Facebook, Google Adwords, and Mobile, right? Also are you in many niches/verticals, or you focus on 1-2 verticals?

Include native and once in a blue moon I still test certain angles on pop traffic.

In many cases we test what works on FB on both Google and Native. Certainly depends on the campaign(s) and Google and FB don't usually match up that well.

Native however scales quit well with our FB campaigns and vice versa. I love ripping what I see on native and run a test with it on FB.

Actually one of my bigger campaigns I found on POP traffic and re-created it to match FB and it pulled 1000% ROIs on huge volume for 2 months straight until everyone and their mother started running the same.

~ One of the reasons I hate networks. Offers that do nearly zero revenue that get picked up by a handful of affiliates (Big increases in rev) often get blasted on their newsletter which not only created huge competition but also any good affiliate manager will be on most of the newsletters from the popular networks.

In the campaign I mentioned above this offer was sitting on most networks doing absolute shit but once a single newsletter got blasted it got pushed out on every single network out there.

Needless to say I try to avoid affiliate networks whenever I get the chance. Great for getting started and running a few k a day but just a huge risk factor when running high volumes.

Getting a bit off track here haha...

Currently just 2 verticals but the market cap on these is HUGE so we have more than enough room to scale our stuff to the moon.

So are you only involved in cloaking/blackhat kind of stuff on FB?

Cloaking just became the norm for us and most other affiliates and not JUST because we run "blackhat". We don't push MMO kinda shit and the offers we promote follow regulations (In most cases).

One of the verticals we are in would be more than fine to be pushed cleanish/direct but it's a tough world out there and we are not brand building here. Affiliate marketing has a bad rep on any reputable source, even when super white hat you can still get your accounts banned for whatever dumb reason.

~ Load in a Voluum link or most other affiliate known tracking systems on either FB or Google and you will most likely be emailing back and forth to get your account unbanned.

Dating for example is banned on FB and only the big players can push their offer because they managed to get them whitelisted. These advertisers run hardcore ads that would get ANY affiliate banned such as Zoosk, cleavage all over there ads.

FB just does not give a fuck about the smaller none big company accounts so we cover ourselves by not having to deal with their endless shit.

Now I am not saying we are not pushing the limits or actually trying to follow their guidelines... Ahh who the fuck am I kidding, you are kinda right lol.

~ Please remind me why I am openly talking about this on a public forum. *Smart move man

Hey, there I'm a newbie that discovered this forum through Reddit. I've been reading a lot of SEO stuff the past weekend, I'm thinking of taking the jump one day, but for now I am just going to lurk and digest a lot of information. I'm looking forward to learning stuff from you guys and girls.

Cheers,
Jelly

Welcome, glad to have you aboard.

Definitely read and get a frame of reference, but nothing is going to accelerate your learning and correct your direction than doing. I would definitely build a small site with the intention of "failing" (while still having made some money and learned a ton). I feel like every newcomer needs to go through all of the motions once, all the way to making cash and penalizations and all of that. Lose an account on social media, the works.

Because if you're serious, there's no risk of not pushing too far. But you do need to know where the line is for pushing too hard and trying to bend the rules. You also need to be comfortable with content, site building and design, products, etc. The only way is to do it.

We wrote a Crash Course that you'd get a lot out of if you haven't read it yet.

Good luck! What kind of projects are you considering getting into?

Hi @CaryH

Welcome to the forum!

Myself I lived on the Gold Coast for 7 odd years, in Pacific Pines, Clear Island Waters then Robina before moving down to Melbourne.

I am missing the beaches big time though..

Hello everyone, thanks for having me here. I am looking forward to be learning and sharing insights with everyone here. My career experience has been in design engineering in oil/pharma industry, if there's any questions, I'll be glad to be of help.

cheers! :D

I'm not sure what kind of project I'm considering getting into yet, but I'm just thinking of choosing a vertical market either in technology or food and beverage. Then do a little bit of market research, after that build a small site with the intention of "failing" and try to learn as much as possible from it.

Currently, I'm on day 4 in the Crash Course, and there seems to be a lot of knowledge I need to acquire, I'll try to push hard, bend the rules and learn from it.

Hello and welcome aboard. What a nice transition :smile: Pharma is one of the biggest affiliate market online, good luck!

Update :

Business :

Have done 3 website design since, and about to land one more. One was an e - commerce, so that was a great way to make some money, and learn, as that's something I will most likely need myself in the future.

About to close my first 1'000$ / month client, and might get a part time job for 20 - 30$ per hour from another guy. So quite a great progress business wise.

Still a long way to go, as I don't have any of my own projects I'm working on, besides a more of a personal blog, which I don't plan on monetizing anytime near in the future, but more of practice ground for improving my writing, learning skills, and building a small following, if it get any traction.

Personal :
This is the area, which has seen the most improvements, went through extremely hard/stressful time and survived it, which improves your character a lot.

Have seen extreme improvements spiritually, which have changed my inner world beyond belief and dissolved a lot of past baggage and insecurity, life is more blissful every day, and there isn't much inner tension anymore, which is quite priceless.

This might seem like a bad thing for making money, as there isn't any more a strong desire to win or achieve goals, but I would disagree, as I don't spend much time worrying and stressing around, which gives me a much clearer outlook. Another benefit is, that the smell of desperation is gone, which people can sense. People want to hire people or businesses which aren't desperate. Except for the cases, where you give a bad deal to the desperate person, which I do not want.

Similar as with dating, if the women can sense that you are desperate for pu**y, it indicates that you are a loser.

@Klayne Congrats. Sounds like you came a long way in a little over a year.

For 2017, maybe you should consider making a goal to research, plan and develop your own project. I know you mentioned your personal blog but there's got to be ways to monetize that as well.

On the personal side of things glad you're doing well. You're right, happiness and enjoying your time is something you can't put a price on.

Cheers.

Hello BUSO,
Thank you for creating and maintaining this great forum!

I'm a total noob on website building and online business so I started with a simple blog and Amazon affiliate links to test and learn the ropes. It also allowed me to understand better what I am passionate about and what I might like in my private life but I'm not engaged enough to write frequently about it.
I'm currently full time employed so I'm juggling this new business in my "free time" and I hope it will allow me in the future to transition my career toward online business and less working for big corporations :wink:

I started reading through the Crash Course and it has been very useful so far but I'm struggling in identifying my "vertical". I want to create a self-help/improve your life site with the possibility to release courses and webinars. Is "Mindfulness" the overall vertical or more of a "mental health"? Maybe I'm overthinking it but this is impacting my choice of brand name.

Sorry for the long post and thank you once again. :smile:

Welcome @Roshen

I've never personally worked in that niche but what I see about on the internet is Self-Improvement is the over-arching vertical. It tends to include Mindfulness, Awareness, Meditation, down to Getting out of Bed when the alarm clock rings. But I rarely see them move into true mental health, like talking about diagnosable issues, except for anxiety and depression. Nothing deeper than that. I also see a lot of motivation, productivity, efficiency, etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @Ryuzaki! That helps a lot!
I have been planning with Coschedule and writing content so hopefully I will start seeing some progress shortly :smile: I feel like Alice going down the rabbit hole!

Back